✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite little moments on Mylo Xyloto?

Favorite parts of the record? Favorite guitar or bass line? Favorite drum melody? Best chris vocal moment? Best lyrics? The chorus that everyone will be singing along to at the next Coldplay show? Best atmospheric or ambience moment ala VLV's Life in Technicolors opening sounds and the Asian sounding electronics that follow, or The Escapists Eno sounding ambiance...but for Mylo of course

small moments, moments on the album that made you happy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Last line of Up in Flames

- When the guitar starts in Up with the Birds

- «Oh you, you use a heart as weapon, and it hurts like heaven »

- «I hear those crocodiles...» bla bla. LOVE this part

- «8 to 9, 9 to 10...»

- When CB starts.

By now, that's it!

- «I hear those crocodiles...» bla bla. LOVE this part

i second that.

on ETIAW, the singing in the middle after and including "I swear you, emerge blinking into"

i second that.

CB when it goes "be a cartoon heart' date=' [b']and light a fire, by the spark, light a fire, a flame in my heart[/b]"

i first that.

HLH - The vocals in the line "And now the streets arise"

CB - I don't know the correct term but when the drums come in every time.

POC - First verse by Chris

DLIBYH - The drums at the start and a few seconds later when the guitar comes in

UIF - The first time i heard that epic bass :P

There are so many more but they are my favourite. Call me crazy but i think this is their best album

When you can hear the acoustic scratches from the pick grazing the strings in UFO.

And when you hear the piano keys thump the wooden frame gently at the end of Charlie Brown.

Made my day. Small details, but appreciated nonetheless.

There are so many more but they are my favourite. Call me crazy but i think this is their best album

I too think it is their best by quite a mile. Innovation, uniqueness, technical ability and overall message. It's an amazing album.

We are in the minority here Connor!

The scale of MX, immense.

The little high pitched whirls in HLH, hard to explain but I picture molecules whizzing around...

Whoa oh whoa in HLH and "yes i feel a little bit nervous.." and the outro

The beginning of UATW, nice little bonus that we didn't hear from the live version

The 'ahs' in UWTB

The heart beat mirrored in AHT and at the end of DLIBYH. In AHT it feels like something immense is about to happen and then it stops, as though it were the calm before the storm, then bam, DLIBYH.

How DLIBYH blends into UWTB

All of the short interludes, they're like slices of heaven :)

I like that little noise toward the end of Princess of China. You know what I'm talking about. That noise!

EDIT: Can I also join in the This Is Their Best Album club? You guys are the first I've seen here that share my opinion.

Yep, I know what your talking about. The beep beep bedeebeep and then BAWWWM!

There are so many little bits I love on this album!

All the lyrics of Hurts like Heaven

When Charlie Brown kicks in. And the sound of the guitar strumming at "all the boys all the girls"

How MMIX perfectly goes into Every Teardrop is a Waterfall , and the final part of ETIAW "every tear, every tear..."

The beginning of UFO how beautiful the guitar sound is.

The last part of Princess of China "you really hurt me" Chris and Rhianna singing together sounds amazing.

"can we pour some water on" Up in Flames.

How A Hopeful Transmission goes into Don't Let it Break Your Heart

the whole of DLIBYH is amazing, the guitar riff, the beginning when it kicks in, the lyric "from my shipwreck I heard a call" (Its my favourite song on the album :rolleyes:)

and ofcourse when the guitar starts half way through Up with the Birds.