✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite little moments on Mylo Xyloto?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed that in the last 5 seconds of Mylo Xyloto, you can her Chris, (I assume) say "Mylo Xyloto". It's like "Mylooo. *then about a 2 second gap, then* Xylotoooo". Then it goes straight to HLH. It's awesome.

Maybe I'm in the black, maybe I'm on my knees/ Maybe I'm in the gap between the two trapezes

Light a fire, light a spark,/ Light a fire, a flame in my heart./ We'll run wild,/ We'll be glow-in-the-dark.

couldn't agree more

Charlie Brown - Where the last oooohs turn into ahhhhs sung by the band.

UFO - That little outro at the end

PoC - That weird kind of asian sounding quivering in the background during the "could have been a princess part"

UWTB - The bass line in the second half.

The more I listen to this album, the more I begin to fall in love with it.

I LOVE how Chris sings the choruses in DLIBYH. I love how he divides the line into two.

=------

And she sang

When you're tired of aimimmmmm

mmmingyour arrows

Still you never hit the mark.

oooh

And even if your aimmmmm

sssss are shadows.

-------

You know what I mean? WELL I LOVE THAT.

Idk why but I really like how MX and A Hopeful Transmission are the same tune. It kinda ties the album together.

Yes, me too, i didn't even realize it was the same tune in UFO. Love it :)

I LOVE how Chris sings the choruses in DLIBYH. I love how he divides the line into two.

=------

And she sang

When you're tired of aimimmmmm

mmmingyour arrows

Still you never hit the mark.

oooh

And even if your aimmmmm

sssss are shadows.

-------

You know what I mean? WELL I LOVE THAT.

ahaha, yeah i know what you mean, i love that too. Oh, i think the Kung Fu Panda reference in the song is so cute :dazzled:

Has anyone noticed that in the last 5 seconds of Mylo Xyloto, you can her Chris, (I assume) say "Mylo Xyloto". It's like "Mylooo. *then about a 2 second gap, then* Xylotoooo". Then it goes straight to HLH. It's awesome.

I never thought this, I just thought it was a very quiet 'so cold, so cold'.

1. "Yes I feel a little bit nervous" When everything just stops from 1000 miles an hour down to 10 and you feel like you can take on the world

2. The strings at the opening of Paradise, totally set the mood for the dark side of MX

3. The Piano outro of Charlie Brown, i mean come on, it's Coldplay's best 25 seconds of material ever recorded.

4. "and if we could float away, fly up to the surface..." One of Chris's most abrupt and most beautiful vocal changes and it works wonderfully with the song

5. "Heaven is in sight!" (guitar rage)

6. "Can we pour some water on?" Beautiful falsetto and most beautiful song on the record

7. "Try to catch a cannonball" and how Chris sings Dont Let It Break Your Heart in that fabulous way, you never expect it to sound that gorgeous.

8. the entire second half of Up With the Birds , "Might have to go where they don't know my name"

9. best words to end a record with, "Good things are coming our way"

7. "Try to catch a cannonball" and how Chris sings Dont Let It Break Your Heart in that fabulous way, you never expect it to sound that gorgeous.

Would that come from Kung Fu Panda 2, which Chris talked about in that one interview?

- The acoustic guitar during the "all the boys, all the girls" part on Charlie Brown. Also the strings just before the "so we saw..." part.

- The voice on the last verse of Up In Flames.

- How A Hopeful Transmission blends into Up With the Birds.

- The "transition" between ETIAW and Major Minus, if you know what I mean

- Us Against the World, "and if we could float away, fly up to the surface..."

- Charlie Brown piano

- Instrumental end of U.F.O.

- The start of DLIBYH, That power, amazing

- A hopefull transmission - Up with the birds, suberb end

1. all of MX, the only problem for me is that it should be louder

2. Johnny's guitar solo and the 'whoa' part of Hurts Like Heaven

3. The instrumental part of Us Against The World

4. Johnny's little guitar riff just before the chorus in Major Minus

5. The end of A Hopeful Transmission/Beginning of Don't Let it Break Your Heart

6. The change in Up With The Birds, specifically those kind of screeching noises that sound like some kind of bird to me. Gives me great imagery in my mind of birds flying in a V formation

MX- I love the last 8 seconds or so. I think the little sound effects basically gear me up for the whole album.

HLH- I love Jonnys part on the first ooooooh, it really gives me the image of the running man and I think it takes off beautifully.

Paradise- The violin riff that sounds just like wedding bells is awesome.

Charlie Brown- The new violins that kick in at the end, right before he sings..."so we saaaaawww."

UATW- The chord changes on the organ are just gorgeous.

MMIX/ETIAW- Awesome bass moments from Guy, very powerful stuff.

Up in flames- Jonny's riffs near the end. Remind me of some of his older riffs and I really dig them.