✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

I will probably aim for the unreserved seating, I'm too weak to do the massive pushing anymore. Especially if the weather is like it is at the moment, it's going to be roasting with all the bodies wedged up against each other.

Doors open at 5pm right?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

So me and a friend managed to get hold of some seated tickets for the saturday show at the emirates. Really, we wanted standing tickets but thought that seated would be better then nothing (they are seated side view aswell).

Anyway, if we have seated tickets, do you think they would let us go in the standing area anyway, or do they usually have people checking tickets for the standing area? From what I can remember, when I went to the wembley stadium gig you showed your ticket to get in, and then if you had a seated ticket you showed your ticket to get to your seat, otherwise you could just walk into the standing area.

Standing area usually get wristbands, not the flashing ones! so unless you have one you can't get into standing area, not sure if this is the case for emirates but more than likely.

festcrowd.jpg

UK stadium dates stage times

29 May 2012 11:21 am

A rundown of the stage times for the UK stadium dates

news_line.png

Good morning. Tonight in Coventry, Coldplay begin the UK leg of their European stadium tour. Some of you have been asking the Oracle for stage times for these dates. And so here they are:

Coventry, Ricoh Arena - 29 May

7:15pm: Rita Ora

8:00pm: Robyn

9:15pm: Coldplay

London, Emirates Stadium - 1 June

6.45pm: Ash

7.30pm: Marina and the Diamonds

8.45pm: Coldplay

London, Emirates Stadium - 2 & 4 June

6.45pm: Rita Ora

7.30pm: Robyn

8.45pm: Coldplay

Sunderland, Stadium of Light - 7 June

7.15pm: Rita Ora

8.00pm: Robyn

9.15pm: Coldplay

Manchester, Etihad Stadium - 9 June

7.15pm: Charli XCX

Manchester, Etihad Stadium - 10 June

7.15pm: Rita Ora

Anchorman

i understand they cant start too late as its a residential area, but they have license till either 10.30 or 10.45 (at least they did a couple years ago) and their set isnt thaat long so i dont see why they are starting quite *this* early

they will of course be great :D but its just dissapointing that we wont get the fireworks effect or even half the concert in dark for xylobands like almost all the other stadiums except switzerland

cant they just start 20 minutes at least later?? they would still easily make the curfew

It'd be madness to start a London show after 9, they always aim for this start time! A large proportion of the crowd come from outside London and need to get home, they'd be playing the last couple of songs to a half-empty stadium if they started later, not what they want at all!

They're usually a few minutes late, but they'll be on by nine I'm sure. And a few minutes here or there will make no difference to the daylight really.

Yes. agree. I need to get back an hour and a half, and to be honest it's the music I am going for. The xylobands are awesome, but I think it might be rather nice to see them in daylight. It gets dark around 9.30 anyway.... :D Can't wait! :dance: :dance:

It'd be madness to start a London show after 9, they always aim for this start time! A large proportion of the crowd come from outside London and need to get home, they'd be playing the last couple of songs to a half-empty stadium if they started later, not what they want at all!

They're usually a few minutes late, but they'll be on by nine I'm sure. And a few minutes here or there will make no difference to the daylight really.

Yeah, you're right. The last tube that you can get from The Emirates to Victoria is 11.20-- which, if they started later (and had a later curfew) would mean a massive push.

That's what happened to me when I saw Muse at Wembley-- I managed to catch the final tube to Victoria by the skin of my teeth-- otherwise I would've ended up stranded in London.

Luckily I learnt this time so I have a hotel out at Heathrow-- which the last tube from The Emirates being half-past midnight

We'll be blogging live throughout the day from Saturday's second show at @Arsenal's Emirates Stadium - info at coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=967 A

-----------------

emi8022.jpg

Live blog from the Emirates on Saturday

30 May 2012 12:58 pm

Join us for another live photoblog

news_line.png

Emirates%20stadium.jpg

Good afternoon. On Saturday, we'll be heading to the Emirates Stadium in London to spend the day blogging from backstage at the second of Coldplay's shows at Arsenal FC's home. Join us from early on Saturday afternoon for lots of behind-the-scenes build-up and photos and then updates during the show itself.

Click here to see a slideshow of images from the set-up of the stage, on Arsenal's website. And if you haven't seen one of our live photoblogs before, click here to see the one from the band's last big London stadium show, at Wembley in 2009.

Anchorman

Just a quick question to see if anyone happens to have tickets for the R gate for Saturday and would like to swap for S gate instead? We're a bunch of people trying to queue together at the R gate and I believe two of us are S gate :/ Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Just quickly to let all of you know, i worked at the Ricoh handing out wristbands, and if you do want one, please please turn up early, because last night we ran out at around 8. Unfortunately some people who arrived afterwards didn't get them, we estimated around 300 people didn't get them, and as i am sure you know they make the entire experience so much better. Coming from someone who as of yesterday didn't really like Coldplay, last night converted me and i am now looking forward to working at the emirates, and hopefully seeing the gig again

Assuming they start at 8.45 as stated, how dark do you guys reckon it'll be for Charlie Brown/Paradise? It'll suck if it's still not properly dark :(

Well it's ten here now and still not dark, at half nine it was pretty light still, and London is much lighter than here in the countryside because of the light pollution.

If there's cloud cover it'll be much darker. But it's not going to be a pitch-black show for most of it, if at all.