✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

It's in a stadium: it's darker than in the city.

We will see ;)

The stadium doesn't have a roof, and is in a bright part of London (the stadium is especially illuminated). Wembley is in a much darker part of London and it still never got dark dark when they played there, all night.

I'm sure it'll be dark enough for the bands, and personally think they'll be wonderful at the start when it's dusk. But if you're expecting pitch black at any point, you'll be disappointed.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m getting the first train up to be there in the queue on Saturday morning. Really looking forward to it, but probably not the best thing to do in the middle of A levels. Anyone else going to be there?

Thoughts on taking a camera?

Wantin better photos with my G12 than my phone, worried I'll break it or something will happen.

Cameras are fine. They may be a bit funny if it is a detachable lens; otherwise they will let you in no problem.

As for the safety of your camera-- I'd get a wrist strap and tie it around your wrist and then hold it in your hand. My camera has survived everything, including the roughest crowd ever at Kasabian using that technique.

Re: Light wise. I think it is due to be overcast in the day time which will work in our favour and sunset itself is meant to be 21:00 which means towards the end of the gig it will be getting darker. I'll be honest though, the gig won't be dark, so some of the effect of the Xylobands will be dulled. But really, that should be the least of our concerns. What about potential setlists? Who wants what?

Traveled over from the US arriving in London this morning. Clocks was the first so ng I heard on the radio and the ow as I sit in a King's Cross pub The Scientist just finished so I feel blessed. Will listen to night and oe there live tomorrow. Cannot wait!

We are leaving our hotel in Paddington to the Emirates at ~6am tomorrow. See you there, morningpeople and devoted fans :)) I hope they have wifi if so you can follow some updates on twitter&instagram tomorrow: pingulou

Traveled over from the US arriving in London this morning. Clocks was the first so ng I heard on the radio and the ow as I sit in a King's Cross pub The Scientist just finished so I feel blessed. Will listen to night and oe there live tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Oh have fun! I would so love to see them in London someday.

Are there different entrances at the emirates stadium?

If yes, which one is the best to use (nearest du the front)?

People were saying their tickets had an assigned gate to them for crowd management purposes. I don't think you get to choose.:\

Hi Guys,

Going to the concert today and can't wait!

I'm going to be at turnstile F at the North Bank from 10-11ish, so yeah:-)

Also, I'll be posting a lot of stuff on twitter I.e pictures, songs in the setlist etc.

so follow me, @danjamesbaker

<edit> Looks like it's gone, cheers!

A long shot but my sister has a spare GA ticket for tonight and will be arriving at the stadium around half four.

I don't think we're allowed to post numbers on the forum (?) so if interested please PM me before 2pm.