✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

Just. Fucking. Wow. I wondered how the show would translate form stadiums back to arenas, and it looks amazing, as suspected!

And Angie, please don't take this the wrong way, ,but you are the luckiest bi...b...er...babe in the history of this forum! :D

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent performance tonight !! The guys were as energetic and entertaining as always. Also, we got to hang with the lovely Allegra from the forum! What a great night!

Here are a few photos I took. YouTube videos to follow after some much needed sleep :D

p1130356.jpg

p1130274c.jpg

p1130254.jpg

p1130260.jpg

p1130266e.jpg

I got to the venue at around 5:15. Door were to open at 5:30, so had a little walk around. I saw Jackie giving some venue staff people instructions on keeping people away from the C-Stage gear. Tried to get her attention but failed.

Doors did open at 5:30 but we weren't allowed to go into where the seats were. We had to stay out on the concourse / hall part. Some one was soundchecking. Wolf Gang I believe. I went to the place I saw the C stage stuff. Def gonna be near me once inside. Finally at around 6 they let us in.

When I got to my seat I saw Jackie out in the middle of the venue. I asked the floor ushers to go get her. :lol: She came over and we talked about all kinds of stuff. We talked about Jen(Nettie). She wanted to know how I had met her. She asked how many shows I was going to. She said some guy went to all the Euro Festival dates and did I know him? I told him he was on Coldplaying, so I knew of him but hadn't met him. I told her I have two kinds of friends: Coldplay friends ( people I know from either shows or the forum) and football friends. Like English football? Yes English football. She wanted to know what teams I supported and I told her the story of Will being on my train to the Southampton game. She said Jonny supports Spurs and I said I know but I forgive him any way and she said 'Yeah really" LOL Don't think she cares much for the Spurs. :lol: Then she asked I have ever been to a meet and greet. I said no but I had meet the band many times. More back in the days when they traveled by bus. She said she was gonna try and get me into one. :D She went and got some paper and a pen and asked me to write down all the shows I'm going to and my phone number and email address. :awesome: then she left and I went back to my seat. After a short time she came back and called me down to the floor and asked if I wanted to go sit up front. Hells yes! :P She said is row 2 ok? ...like row 2 was some kinda crap seat. :laugh3: She told me seat 10. After I was there for a bit someone came and said they have seat 10. 10 was the section, seat was 16, which was the aisle seat. Good because I could move around more and that's where all the staff went in and out from the back stage area. :sneaky:

The front was filling up with people that started their night in the nose bleed sections and got up graded by crew members to the front. Most of the people in the first 3 rows were upgrades. I only saw 2 people with the VIP pass badges. They were on the front row so maybe they were also Red Ticket auction winners.

First person I see coming out from the back is Marta. She is one of the roadies. Roadie 42 has talked about her before. Any way, we were talking about the Euro festival dates and how the weather sucked ass for them. She asked if I remembered The Dancing Roadie. well of course I do, I saw him working for the Kings of Leon when Coldplay wasn't touring. :P She said THEY GOT MARRIED 3 months ago. awwwww Coldplay Roadie love. Yay, I beat Roadie 42 to the scoop. Coldplaying exclusive! :lol:

Trainer Dan kept walking past looking at me like where do I know you from. :thinking: So I said "what's up Trainer Dan". He stopped and asked how do I know who he is. :laugh3: I told him Mexico.....YES you were there doing that blog about the car and the little girl. Holy Crap, trainer dan remembered Ryan's Mini. :D. At least he didn't say...Yes you were that girl that drank those 3 brandy glasses of tequila that night in the bar. :uhoh: :lol: I asked if the boys were gonna play some footie in Houston. We have a new beautiful stadium right accross the road from the concert venue...hint hint. He said no, not unless it is air conditioned cuz it is too hot to play outside here. :angry: I told him to suck it up! He sounded like David Beckham who whinned about the Texas heat.

See this is why England doesn't ever win, lightweights. :P

After Robyn finished I turned around and guess who is standing like 6 feet behind me. Jonny's wife. She was there through the whole Coldplay show. She was close enough to see the display on my camera and the fact that I mostly only took pictures of Jonny. Stop spying on me woman! :angry:

:laugh3:

I think there was some problems before the show started. 1st night gremlins. Dan Green had to go up on the stage and help Matt fix something with Jonny's guitar sound. Dan never goes up on the stage. I think they were a little late starting the show because of it. Dan did stop and say Hi on his way back to the sound booth.

I thought the show was awesome. The Xylobands looked amazing! The show flowed well. There was Chrissy and Jonny love. :dazzled: The crowd sounded good.

My phone died when I tried to call Christa during Warning Sign. :bigcry:. I'm sorry. I will try again tomorrow night. :(

My seat is on the floor close to the X stage tomorrow night so I thing I'll get a better view of the show effects, can't really see the lasers up front.

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad to hear that Jackie seems to have mellowed since the old days.

Sorry your proximity to Chloe impeded your Jonny obcession.:P

Mother of God.

I got to the arena about 6 PM, and it being my first visit to the AAC, me and my friends just looked around for a while. A t-shirt, a tour program and a coffee mug cost me $75, but I can't complain. It's what I expected, and am pleased thus far.

Wolf Gang was awesome. I have already torrented their newest album. (teehee) (Obviously I plan to actually buy the album next.) Robyn -- I don't know. She's hot in a weird way. The shaved hair in the back is weird. But, here music was iffy. Some were catchy, others were very, "What the fuck." All in all, I was pleased with the openers, but Robyn seemed to go on and on and on.

During Robyn, a drunken couple came up behind us. It wasn't even their seats, but the man kept yelling the lyrics to GPASUYF over and over and over[/b. At one point, he even spilt beer on our backs. Really pissed us off when he "apologized". But, all was fair when his wife tripped down the steps and they left quietly. People actually cheered when he left.

Coldplay was fucking incredible. When Jay-Z's song came on, internally, I was like, "HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING." And, when the Back to the Future them started -- I have no words. Literally. I cannot describe that feeling of the first minute. Everyone was telling me the truth.

The second leg of the US tour kicked off with a bang. Lovers in Japan was badass, as was Charlie Brown, DLIBYH, Viva La Vida, GPASUYF, and everything else. I was singing like a maniac, while it seemed everyone else around us was either dragged there, or came for their singles/popular songs only.

Also: Every Teardrop is not just a great closer, but a fucking amazing experience. Seriously. Out of all the concerts I've been to, I've never seen a more-fitting, so full of energy and extraordinary closer. I think half of my Coldplay high that followed for about two hours came from solely that.

I don't even care about the setlist. I stopped looking about a month ago, but kind of figured it was the same. I purposefully forgot the order, and so I was pleasantly surprised on 90% of it. But still, I don't give two craps about it. Coldplay wants us to "forget about everything for a while", and sure enough, they did that.

Bravo, Coldplay. Bravo.

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad to hear that Jackie seems to have mellowed since the old days.

Sorry your proximity to Chloe impeded your Jonny obcession.:P

Jackie said she took a break and that's why she wasn't at the US festivals last summer.

Bah, I ignore her ....as does Jonny. He was all smiley and dancey with Chris. Never looked at her once. :P

Jackie said she took a break and that's why she wasn't at the US festivals last summer.

Bah, I ignore her ....as does Jonny. He was all smiley and dancey with Chris. Never looked at her once. :P

She seems like a good security person, but IMHO she did have something of a tendency to get a bit rough handed with the punters (even the ones who weren't acting the fool.)

Mother of God.

I got to the arena about 6 PM, and it being my first visit to the AAC, me and my friends just looked around for a while. A t-shirt, a tour program and a coffee mug cost me $75, but I can't complain. It's what I expected, and am pleased thus far.

Wolf Gang was awesome. I have already torrented their newest album. (teehee) (Obviously I plan to actually buy the album next.) Robyn -- I don't know. She's hot in a weird way. The shaved hair in the back is weird. But, here music was iffy. Some were catchy, others were very, "What the fuck." All in all, I was pleased with the openers, but Robyn seemed to go on and on and on.

During Robyn, a drunken couple came up behind us. It wasn't even their seats, but the man kept yelling the lyrics to GPASUYF over and over and over[/b. At one point, he even spilt beer on our backs. Really pissed us off when he "apologized". But, all was fair when his wife tripped down the steps and they left quietly. People actually cheered when he left.

Coldplay was fucking incredible. When Jay-Z's song came on, internally, I was like, "HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING." And, when the Back to the Future them started -- I have no words. Literally. I cannot describe that feeling of the first minute. Everyone was telling me the truth.

The second leg of the US tour kicked off with a bang. Lovers in Japan was badass, as was Charlie Brown, DLIBYH, Viva La Vida, GPASUYF, and everything else. I was singing like a maniac, while it seemed everyone else around us was either dragged there, or came for their singles/popular songs only.

Also: Every Teardrop is not just a great closer, but a fucking amazing experience. Seriously. Out of all the concerts I've been to, I've never seen a more-fitting, so full of energy and extraordinary closer. I think half of my Coldplay high that followed for about two hours came from solely that.

I don't even care about the setlist. I stopped looking about a month ago, but kind of figured it was the same. I purposefully forgot the order, and so I was pleasantly surprised on 90% of it. But still, I don't give two craps about it. Coldplay wants us to "forget about everything for a while", and sure enough, they did that.

Bravo, Coldplay. Bravo.

good review. I liked Wolf Gang. Robyn, not so much.

I also haven't really kept up with the set list. Didn't know they were doing SOS.

I forgot something.

About ten minutes after it was all said and done, we go down to the floor section to try and get some confetti. As we're halfway down - and I MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH MATT - some guy asks me what we're looking for, so I say confetti.

Apparently that was a stupid idea, and he says, "Oh, that's done and overwith. Please leave now."

What the hell?

But later, as we were waiting outside for the boys (to no avail) someone dropped a river of confetti outside, so I picked up as much as I could.

I figured something was wrong beforehand, Angie. Was that Matt or Dan fixing Jonny's guitar? I was too far away.

I forgot something.

About ten minutes after it was all said and done, we go down to the floor section to try and get some confetti. As we're halfway down - and I MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH MATT - some guy asks me what we're looking for, so I say confetti.

Apparently that was a stupid idea, and he says, "Oh, that's done and overwith. Please leave now."

What the hell?

But later, as we were waiting outside for the boys (to no avail) someone dropped a river of confetti outside, so I picked up as much as I could.

I figured something was wrong beforehand, Angie. Was that Matt or Dan fixing Jonny's guitar? I was too far away.

Unless the gig is in wherever is their current hub, the band typically get whisked away very quickly. I think they usually have a tight flight schedule.

I forgot something.

What the hell?

Matt started out working on and then Dan came up to help him. Matt looked panicy. He was racing about. That's not like him at all. He's usually totally set up and just does a double and triple check because he's so anal. Dan never goes up to work on stuff just before a show.

A roadie who up graded the two girls in front of me was there chating them up and I told him: "WTF is going on! Why is Dan Green up there fixing shit 5 minutes before show time! Stop chatting and get up there and sort that shit out" He then looked paniced because I knew Dan's name. :laugh3:

Matt started out working on and then Dan came up to help him. Matt looked panicy. He was racing about. That's not like him at all. He's usually totally set up and just does a double and triple check because he's so anal. Dan never goes up to work on stuff just before a show.

A roadie who up graded the two girls in front of me was there chating them up and I told him: "WTF is going on! Why is Dan Green up there fixing shit 5 minutes before show time! Stop chatting and get up there and sort that shit out" He then looked paniced because I knew Dan's name. :laugh3:

If Dan was up there, I'd say it's a pretty good guess something wasn't line checking properly. Not something you want to happen soon before a gig.

They are doing 2 nights in Dallas, but all people in the wisk away party, like spying wives and I saw Chris' dad...all make they way to the back at Fix You.

In the past, multiple nights hasn't always meant that's where the hub is. The general Idea is to move the band as little as possible, which means choosing hubs that cover as large an area as possible.