✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

I got to the venue at around 5:15. Door were to open at 5:30, so had a little walk around. I saw Jackie giving some venue staff people instructions on keeping people away from the C-Stage gear. Tried to get her attention but failed.

Doors did open at 5:30 but we weren't allowed to go into where the seats were. We had to stay out on the concourse / hall part. Some one was soundchecking. Wolf Gang I believe. I went to the place I saw the C stage stuff. Def gonna be near me once inside. Finally at around 6 they let us in.

When I got to my seat I saw Jackie out in the middle of the venue. I asked the floor ushers to go get her. :lol: She came over and we talked about all kinds of stuff. We talked about Jen(Nettie). She wanted to know how I had met her. She asked how many shows I was going to. She said some guy went to all the Euro Festival dates and did I know him? I told him he was on Coldplaying, so I knew of him but hadn't met him. I told her I have two kinds of friends: Coldplay friends ( people I know from either shows or the forum) and football friends. Like English football? Yes English football. She wanted to know what teams I supported and I told her the story of Will being on my train to the Southampton game. She said Jonny supports Spurs and I said I know but I forgive him any way and she said 'Yeah really" LOL Don't think she cares much for the Spurs. :lol: Then she asked I have ever been to a meet and greet. I said no but I had meet the band many times. More back in the days when they traveled by bus. She said she was gonna try and get me into one. :D She went and got some paper and a pen and asked me to write down all the shows I'm going to and my phone number and email address. :awesome: then she left and I went back to my seat. After a short time she came back and called me down to the floor and asked if I wanted to go sit up front. Hells yes! :P She said is row 2 ok? ...like row 2 was some kinda crap seat. :laugh3: She told me seat 10. After I was there for a bit someone came and said they have seat 10. 10 was the section, seat was 16, which was the aisle seat. Good because I could move around more and that's where all the staff went in and out from the back stage area. :sneaky:

The front was filling up with people that started their night in the nose bleed sections and got up graded by crew members to the front. Most of the people in the first 3 rows were upgrades. I only saw 2 people with the VIP pass badges. They were on the front row so maybe they were also Red Ticket auction winners.

First person I see coming out from the back is Marta. She is one of the roadies. Roadie 42 has talked about her before. Any way, we were talking about the Euro festival dates and how the weather sucked ass for them. She asked if I remembered The Dancing Roadie. well of course I do, I saw him working for the Kings of Leon when Coldplay wasn't touring. :P She said THEY GOT MARRIED 3 months ago. awwwww Coldplay Roadie love. Yay, I beat Roadie 42 to the scoop. Coldplaying exclusive! :lol:

Trainer Dan kept walking past looking at me like where do I know you from. :thinking: So I said "what's up Trainer Dan". He stopped and asked how do I know who he is. :laugh3: I told him Mexico.....YES you were there doing that blog about the car and the little girl. Holy Crap, trainer dan remembered Ryan's Mini. :D. At least he didn't say...Yes you were that girl that drank those 3 brandy glasses of tequila that night in the bar. :uhoh: :lol: I asked if the boys were gonna play some footie in Houston. We have a new beautiful stadium right accross the road from the concert venue...hint hint. He said no, not unless it is air conditioned cuz it is too hot to play outside here. :angry: I told him to suck it up! He sounded like David Beckham who whinned about the Texas heat.

See this is why England doesn't ever win, lightweights. :P

After Robyn finished I turned around and guess who is standing like 6 feet behind me. Jonny's wife. She was there through the whole Coldplay show. She was close enough to see the display on my camera and the fact that I mostly only took pictures of Jonny. Stop spying on me woman! :angry:

:laugh3:

I think there was some problems before the show started. 1st night gremlins. Dan Green had to go up on the stage and help Matt fix something with Jonny's guitar sound. Dan never goes up on the stage. I think they were a little late starting the show because of it. Dan did stop and say Hi on his way back to the sound booth.

I thought the show was awesome. The Xylobands looked amazing! The show flowed well. There was Chrissy and Jonny love. :dazzled: The crowd sounded good.

My phone died when I tried to call Christa during Warning Sign. :bigcry:. I'm sorry. I will try again tomorrow night. :(

My seat is on the floor close to the X stage tomorrow night so I thing I'll get a better view of the show effects, can't really see the lasers up front.

Great review Angie :D

I'd love to see them in the States sometime, just to check out the atmosphere. Plus, it seems like you guys generally get good seated tickets in all-seated venues somehow - the system over here is so crooked those always go to Scammaster's 'partners'.

Anyway, sounds like great fun :dance:

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for our turn tonight. Should I even bother going super early outside the secured entrence and waiting for an opportunity to meet the band?

Also, where is the C-Stage?

I have to get Jackies attention. This will have been my 5th time to see the boys live and have yet had the opportunity to be on the floor or even the front row. At the same time, I wouldn't be upset if I don't get upgraded as I wouldn't get the full experience of the production including the xylobands which is the biggest thing on this tour. Thanks for all the great reviews!

I got to the venue at around 5:15. Door were to open at 5:30, so had a little walk around. I saw Jackie giving some venue staff people instructions on keeping people away from the C-Stage gear. Tried to get her attention but failed.

Doors did open at 5:30 but we weren't allowed to go into where the seats were. We had to stay out on the concourse / hall part. Some one was soundchecking. Wolf Gang I believe. I went to the place I saw the C stage stuff. Def gonna be near me once inside. Finally at around 6 they let us in.

When I got to my seat I saw Jackie out in the middle of the venue. I asked the floor ushers to go get her. :lol: She came over and we talked about all kinds of stuff. We talked about Jen(Nettie). She wanted to know how I had met her. She asked how many shows I was going to. She said some guy went to all the Euro Festival dates and did I know him? I told him he was on Coldplaying, so I knew of him but hadn't met him. I told her I have two kinds of friends: Coldplay friends ( people I know from either shows or the forum) and football friends. Like English football? Yes English football. She wanted to know what teams I supported and I told her the story of Will being on my train to the Southampton game. She said Jonny supports Spurs and I said I know but I forgive him any way and she said 'Yeah really" LOL Don't think she cares much for the Spurs. :lol: Then she asked I have ever been to a meet and greet. I said no but I had meet the band many times. More back in the days when they traveled by bus. She said she was gonna try and get me into one. :D She went and got some paper and a pen and asked me to write down all the shows I'm going to and my phone number and email address. :awesome: then she left and I went back to my seat. After a short time she came back and called me down to the floor and asked if I wanted to go sit up front. Hells yes! :P She said is row 2 ok? ...like row 2 was some kinda crap seat. :laugh3: She told me seat 10. After I was there for a bit someone came and said they have seat 10. 10 was the section, seat was 16, which was the aisle seat. Good because I could move around more and that's where all the staff went in and out from the back stage area. :sneaky:

The front was filling up with people that started their night in the nose bleed sections and got up graded by crew members to the front. Most of the people in the first 3 rows were upgrades. I only saw 2 people with the VIP pass badges. They were on the front row so maybe they were also Red Ticket auction winners.

First person I see coming out from the back is Marta. She is one of the roadies. Roadie 42 has talked about her before. Any way, we were talking about the Euro festival dates and how the weather sucked ass for them. She asked if I remembered The Dancing Roadie. well of course I do, I saw him working for the Kings of Leon when Coldplay wasn't touring. :P She said THEY GOT MARRIED 3 months ago. awwwww Coldplay Roadie love. Yay, I beat Roadie 42 to the scoop. Coldplaying exclusive! :lol:

Trainer Dan kept walking past looking at me like where do I know you from. :thinking: So I said "what's up Trainer Dan". He stopped and asked how do I know who he is. :laugh3: I told him Mexico.....YES you were there doing that blog about the car and the little girl. Holy Crap, trainer dan remembered Ryan's Mini. :D. At least he didn't say...Yes you were that girl that drank those 3 brandy glasses of tequila that night in the bar. :uhoh: :lol: I asked if the boys were gonna play some footie in Houston. We have a new beautiful stadium right accross the road from the concert venue...hint hint. He said no, not unless it is air conditioned cuz it is too hot to play outside here. :angry: I told him to suck it up! He sounded like David Beckham who whinned about the Texas heat.

See this is why England doesn't ever win, lightweights. :P

After Robyn finished I turned around and guess who is standing like 6 feet behind me. Jonny's wife. She was there through the whole Coldplay show. She was close enough to see the display on my camera and the fact that I mostly only took pictures of Jonny. Stop spying on me woman! :angry:

:laugh3:

I think there was some problems before the show started. 1st night gremlins. Dan Green had to go up on the stage and help Matt fix something with Jonny's guitar sound. Dan never goes up on the stage. I think they were a little late starting the show because of it. Dan did stop and say Hi on his way back to the sound booth.

I thought the show was awesome. The Xylobands looked amazing! The show flowed well. There was Chrissy and Jonny love. :dazzled: The crowd sounded good.

My phone died when I tried to call Christa during Warning Sign. :bigcry:. I'm sorry. I will try again tomorrow night. :(

My seat is on the floor close to the X stage tomorrow night so I thing I'll get a better view of the show effects, can't really see the lasers up front.

OMfG ANGIE!!!!!! you have the best reviews ever!!!!!!! thank you for all the scoops and i am so happy for you!!! you so deserve it all!! makes me want to fly down right now to Texas dammit! Your'e the best and I'll be waiting by the phone!:kiss:

My YouTube video compilation...:D

Starts out shaky, gets better as it goes!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDTk2K6Y8Ts&feature=player_detailpage]Coldplay - Dallas, TX 6-22-2012 - VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - Mylo Xyloto U.S. Tour - YouTube[/ame]

And a few more photos I took (I posted others earlier in this thread):

p1130268.jpg

p1130359.jpg

p1130257.jpg

p11303931.jpg

p1130160z.jpg

OMfG ANGIE!!!!!! you have the best reviews ever!!!!!!! thank you for all the scoops and i am so happy for you!!! you so deserve it all!! makes me want to fly down right now to Texas dammit! Your'e the best and I'll be waiting by the phone!:kiss:

Well come on then! NY was hot this week to prepare you. :lol:

Can't wait for our turn tonight. Should I even bother going super early outside the secured entrence and waiting for an opportunity to meet the band?

Also, where is the C-Stage?

I have to get Jackies attention. This will have been my 5th time to see the boys live and have yet had the opportunity to be on the floor or even the front row. At the same time, I wouldn't be upset if I don't get upgraded as I wouldn't get the full experience of the production including the xylobands which is the biggest thing on this tour. Thanks for all the great reviews!

I wouldn't bother. Apparently the guys arrive to the venue just a little bit before the show starts. Yesterday I was the whole day in the secured entrance and I only met Matt McGinn and Hoppy.

Why is there no squeeing going on in this thread damn it!! :angry: :P

Angie, too much awesomeness going on last night! And just think back to Orlando when we asked Jackie her name and she smart mouthed us with "I don't have a name" :lol: Seems like aaaaaages ago that happened. Hope she can sort out the meet and greet for you!

Oh yeah almost forgot...

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D