✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Malieveld, The Hague, Netherlands

Mabru

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here it goes.

I arrived at the Malieveld at 18:00 and we managed to get in quite quickly through the crowds. I got a shirt and a drink and my friends and I descended into the crowd to find a good place. We found the C Stage and decided to stay on the barrier there which was absolutely awesome, even though the stage was quite far away!

Charli XCX was pretty good and I enjoyed a lot of her stuff, but Marina wasn't as good as her. She 'had a cold' but I was a bit disappointed by her performance! We waited and waited for Coldplay to come on, and by the time 99 Problems started playing, I had managed to get onto the barrier of the C Stage, on the side that Coldplay would eventually enter on (literally right next to it)! :D (It gets better ;) )

When Coldplay started, my yellow Xyloband lit up and it was just so awesome :D I filmed MX/HLH and the whole atmosphere for that song was great. The crowd around me were nice people but some people took a while to really get into the experience. The first half of the concert was really quite brilliant, and then they were on the X Stage! I was enjoying it all and then I couldn't stop laughing and smiling when they played Oh Oh Den Haag :lol:

The part between the X Stage and the C Stage was stunning, especially the singing in Viva and the jumping in Charlie Brown with the Xylobands! During Charlie Brown, more security turned up and they started to prepare the C Stage for usage. Coldplay roadies everywhere with Mining Hats with those little lights dragging everything up on stage, and then the security made a big line space for Coldplay to enter on. Paradise and its epic sing-a-long finished and then we waited for them to come on! As we waited, I got my self made Coldplay flag out (it's on one of the other pages here) with all my lyrics and symbols and stuff drawn on it, and then bam! Coldplay walked up and on to the C Stage.

Chris looked down at the crowd around him and he saw my flag, smiled and said "I want your flag!", so a roadie took it from me, showed Chris (Chris said something to him with a thumbs up), and then the roadie proceeded to hold it until they were off the C Stage. Anyways, they played Us Against the World and Speed of Sound. I've never seen Speed of Sound live but I'm sure we all remember Us Against the World at the Ahoy! *ahem* Will *ahem* ;)

Little story for you quickly (if you're still reading that is :lol: ). As the band were waiting to come on stage one by one for Us Against the World, I leant over and tapped Johnny on the back and said "Hey Johnny, smile for the camera!" and so he did! I have a great picture of him just smiling at the camera for me :D

And as they all came back off the C Stage, I shook Johnny and Will's hands and gave Chris a good old pat on the back. I said to the roadie "What will you do with my flag" and he replied with "They want it on the main stage". I was so ecstatic, it was just a matter of time and hope to see if they took it on stage!

Clocks started and there was no sign of the flag, although the song itself was awesome anyway! Fix You was such an epic tearjerker (I didn't cry though ahaha). And then the time came for ETIAW. I loved it! Towards the end of the song, what do I see? Yeah, that's right. Chris is running up and down the Runway with MY FLAG in his hand waving it about :D :D :D

So overall an amazing experience! I got a hand towel from security which Chris used too :lol:

I'll post some of the best pictures in a minute!

It was sooo awesome Chris took your flag!!! At the moment I saw it I was like, wooow awesomee!:D And when it was over one of the roadies(well he didn't look exactly like a roadie) took it with him but I don't know what he did with it.

So here comes a short review:

I arrived at the Malieveld, around 13:30, so we sat down and enjoyed the sun. Also bought a nice poster. Around 14:30 I guess one or two persoons stood up and as a result everybody stood up and it became kinda tight:D But that's okay:D So the gates opened around 15:10 and there we were running to the front where we managed to pick a nice spot right next to the x-stage where Guy stands( I have it on video, will be uploading soon).

So the first support act Charlie XCX wasn't that much in my opinion, she was a little weird... Although the music wasn't that bad at all. I enjoyed Marina and the Diamonds much more and she managed to get the crowd going a bit more.

So after this the roadies came to prepare for Coldplay, one roadie had to check the signal I think and he walked like every 10 mins over to the X-stage where we were standing and everytime he came by we all started clapping and screaming that was really awesome!:D (He probably though, weird people here haha)

So when 99 problems from Jay-Z started the crowd knew what was going to happen next, MX/Hurts Like Heaven are probably one of the best openers Coldplay have ever had. The crowd was really great as well. Guy looked at us during PoC once and that was really awesome!:D (Although my banner was meant for Jonny, don't know if Jonny saw it too)

I shouted AMSTERDAM after Up in Flames, Chris must have heard it but nevertheless he played Warning Sign(which isn't bad either!:)) After that he played a part Oh Oh Den Haag, that was awesome:D

So the concert went on and one of the security guards thought it was over when they left after Paradise:P But then they played on the C-stage which was really far away from the front so we had to watch the big screen.

Fix you was really beautiful with a really really loud singalong at the end! And ETIAW was really the moment we realised it's almost over but we enjoyed it soo much! Defenitely had an amazing day!

Here's a little video of PoC with Guy mr.coolness himself at the front:D

As the band were waiting to come on stage one by one for Us Against the World, I leant over and tapped Johnny on the back and said "Hey Johnny, smile for the camera!" and so he did! I have a great picture of him just smiling at the camera for me :D

Boy that is soooooo amazing, please put the picture online! :wacky: Must have been a perfect day for you! :thumbsup:

I don't want to be stupid but I missed the live stream & I really wanna know what's all about Oh Oh Den Haag :embarrassed: Is it a famous dutch song?

I found these & hope they were not posted before :thinking:

10.jpeg

21.jpeg

23.jpeg

22.jpeg

15.jpeg

17.jpeg

This was my 4th Coldplay concert, and I've been to a lot of other concerts, and I can honestly say this was the best fucking concert ever! Had a beautiful spot next to the X-Stage. I screamed for Amsterdam, but 'O O Den Haag' was almost as awesome! :D I won't spoil any more words on this, it was just perfect.

MULTIQUOTE!

You can win the Coldplay flags we spotted earlier this week.

Aaargh, I missed the deadline! :angry:

Joris van Dijk ‏@jorisvandijk

65.000 Miniature Fans cheering for @coldplay in Madurodam,The Hague. Tomorrow live @malieveld the Hague! #vivalavida http://pic.twitter.com/xZuJUDLo

A2DuuwLCcAA75w7.jpg

That's so cute!

[Thank you...Dutch it's clearly not my kind of thing :laugh3:

I don't understand a tweet :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Tash I miss you! :laugh3:]

Hihi :kiss:

Ellen and Tash :laugh3:

img20120906wa0010.jpg

Photobomb!

I LOVE Tash's red balloon! :dazzled:

:nice:

Too bad it managed to escape just before the gates opened : (

I'm so upset....our girls didn't get the front row cause of the scanners. IT'S NOT FAIR!:veryangry2:

Well, maybe they can squeeze their way up, they are very sneaky:wink3:

Stefan is my hero!!! He managed to find me a tiny gap and eventually I ended up front row :awesome:

Thank you so so much! :heart:

img20120906wa0030.jpg

Taking sneaky pictures of me? Bastards! :lol:

Dutch is a weird language, it sounds like you're talking German BACKWARDS :wtf:

:lol:

I don't want to be stupid but I missed the live stream & I really wanna know what's all about Oh Oh Den Haag :embarrassed: Is it a famous dutch song?

:nod:

But I'm pretty sure only Dutch people ever heard of it :lol:

No review from me because I don't like writing reviews. I just want to say that it was a great concert despite the ticket scanners that didn't work, the annoying hipster that was standing next to me (if you're a Coldplayer, sorry! I just don't like hipsters) and the drunk douchebags.

Btw, Chris and Jonny saw my banner again :nice:

(I need to find a video from just after ETIAW until they leave the stage!)

Hi everyone! I'm going to see Coldplay at 16th September in Prague. :rolleyes:

So i was wondering if someone could tell me how long does their show take? And an approximate time when they arrived and started to play or the show ended.

Thank you very much.

Hi everyone! I'm going to see Coldplay at 16th September in Prague. :rolleyes:

So i was wondering if someone could tell me how long does their show take? And an approximate time when they arrived and started to play or the show ended.

Thank you very much.

They'll probably start the show at 9 PM and it will last around 1h30-45

Man, I woke up at 11.30 am. Got out to get some breakfast and jumped back into bed with my laptop. My voice is raspy, I caught a cold. But ey, everything for Coldplay right!

By now I read twitter, read this thread.

So amazing to read all reactions during the livestream.

It's quite hard to believe that yesterday could have been more outstanding than Paris last sunday with 15.000 people more attending there!

I really feel so lucky and blessed to have been a witness and part of yesterday's show!

I'm about to open up the pictures and video's I took from yesterday, I hope there are some jewels there!

And I'm a little scared to watch videos from yesterday. I'm affraid it won't make me feel like yesterday and it will get me started on a Post Coldplay Depression...

I would like to thank the awesome people that were so nice to me to queue with them. Thanks guys! The concert was awesome. Traveling home by train now. I hope everyone gets home safe. Goodnight!

You're so welcome hun! It was great meeting you!

I'll write a full review in the morning, but I just wanna say one thing....

THEY TOOK MY GOD DAMN FLAG!!!!! :D I WORKED SO HARD ON IT AND CHRIS SAW IT ON THE C STAGE AND SAID "I WANT IT" AND HE WAS WAVING IT AROUND ON STAGE DURING ETIAW GOD I'M SO HAPPY!

The rest can come tomorrow ;)

WHOOOOOOO. That is so cool. I might have some ok pics from Chris and your flag from behind, keep posted here.

6.30am in my hotel before I get up to go home. Just want to say that was the best concert ever! I just read through some of this thread. Haven't time to do it all. But I can't believe what a rush of emotions. From nervous, excitement on the long wait. We were there at 7am. To the scanners on the gates not working. Seeing others being let in before us. To being so sad and cross after being the first ones there and still of getting our front row position. To ecstatic when some VIPs gave up their front row position, so that Ellen and I could get there!

I love every single second. Yes the three hundered meter dash, to the front, nery killed me, the stand was long, but all of it, everything was made better when the gig started. Amazing.

Chris said they have the best fans in the world. But we have the best BAND in the world!

More later when I am home. I have to catch a plane!

Love to: Ellen. My honey honey, Tash, Thank god we got our fronts! Jacolien. Hope the sunburn is ok! Blue nails and her mum. You totally TOTALLY both rock! I love you guys. And all of you I have forgotten. It's early!! We had the BEST gig didn't we?

Hey girl! My sunburn is a bit anoying, but it's ok. It will go away.

I also enjoyed every single second, it was SO amazing.

I feel like I'm trying to find that one word to describe yesterday, but it just won't pop up in my head.

Well, the word probably doesn't exist anyways. There's no words good enough to describe it!

Hope you'll arrive home safe!

This was my 4th Coldplay concert, and I've been to a lot of other concerts, and I can honestly say this was the best fucking concert ever! Had a beautiful spot next to the X-Stage. I screamed for Amsterdam, but 'O O Den Haag' was almost as awesome! :D I won't spoil any more words on this, it was just perfect.

Hey me too:D, Chris must have heard it! On which side did you stand, Jonny's or Guy's? or at the front?

Tash...Glad you girls had a great time.. I think maybe next time... Ya'll need to come to Florida and I need to come over the pond;):D

Sounds like a plan! :nice:

Yeah sorry about that, oh gosh... =p

No, don't say sorry! : )

I was talking about myself, because I was totally photobombing Ellen :lol: