✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Malieveld, The Hague, Netherlands

Mabru

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still haven’t read the whole thread and only parts of some reviews, but they look great. In the meantime, here’s mine:

My mum and I were staying in Scheveningen, so we took a bus at around 10am and were at the Malieveld half an hour later. As soon as we got out, we heard Paradise and saw people hanging on the gates to see the stage, so we got excited because we thought they were soundchecking. It was a tape. And they played it a few million times until Tash commanded them to stop. :P

There were many gates and few people. I saw some vaguely familiar faces, so went up to say hi and they were Ellen and Row. Later I met Jacolien, Jantine and the famous Tash who was still not feeling too well… I loved meeting all of you, everyone is so nice!

The weather was perfect. Not too hot and still dry and sunny. Gates opened a few stressful minutes after 3pm and we ran… Or that’s what we thought. The scanners didn’t work at our gate and we watched everyone else run. It felt like hours later when the scanner was replaced, Row was let through in front of me and we were off. Ellen was already out of sight by then. The run was long, but at least we were in control again.

Ellen had captured a spot at Jonny’s side, halfway down the ramp. We were all very disappointed to be second row. It was so unfair. Especially to Ellen and Row who were the first to arrive at the venue, out of 70,000 people, and had all the right in the world to have the best spots on the field.

However. There were two VIP guys in front of us who left at some point, so we took their place. (Thank you VIPs for spending 140 euro’s extra just to save our lives.) :sneaky:

The wait was long and we all got really tired. I had to sit down a few times or I’d have fainted. There was a DJ who played some good music and at 7pm Charlie XCX started. I enjoyed watching her. The girl has balls (or does she?) and gave everything in her dancing. Wonder who she’s learned that from…

Marina And The Diamonds was wonderful. Loved her music. And her shoes.

Some fiddling with glow sticks (which make for nice earrings, by the way) and a panorama pic later – I didn’t even realise it was time yet – 99 Problems kicked in. Ellen knows all the lyrics to that song and I think Row has evidence. :lol:

And then there they were.

The concert was amazing, but I have some stuff on my mind, which unfortunately caused my thoughts to drift off a couple of times. I wasn’t able to enjoy the show as I’d normally have, which was very frustrating. I waited nine months for this day and now I wasn’t able to take it all in like I wanted...

Anyway, the band wasn’t at all to blame and in spite of my troubles I witnessed one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Makes me proud. My mum is still on a cloud and I hope everyone who went or listened to the live stream is too.

Some songs haven’t registered but I do recall a few moments:

-In My Place: shitloads of confetti. Insane.

-Lovers In Japan: almost forgot what a great tune this is. Almost.

-The Scientist: “We have the best fans in the world and everybody knows it!” Thank you Chris, the love is mutual.

-Violet Hill: this is one of my favourite songs. Always solid as a rock.

-God Put A Smile: Probably the best song on the set. Plus: CHRIS AND JONNY ROCKING OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.

-Princess Of China: please delete from setlist OK thanks.

-Warning Sign: One of the most stunning moments. This is why I love Coldplay. Stripped down, no gimmicks, straight from the heart. Then afterwards, of course, Oh oh Den Haag. Hilarious! Chris Martin is a fucking genius and everybody knows it.

-Don’t Let It Break Your Heart: finally clicked with me. It doesn’t work for me on record, but live it’s a gem!

-Paradise: has a special place in my heart.

-Us Against The World: those harmonies, my god. Will you are beautiful.

-Speed Of Sound: feels like this version is how they meant that song to be.

-Fix You: just takes my heart and tears it to pieces. :| Everything hit me all at once and I was sobbing. Took me until after the gig was done to recover from it, too.

Favourite moment: Yellow. Amazing piano intro, Chris singing low and soothing… Then counting down and singing our hearts out.

The crowd was amazing, almost as good as at the Ahoy and a hundred times better than at the Goffertpark three years (!) ago. Seemed like the boys were very into it as well. Chris was more excited than I had ever seen him (although I didn’t watch any footage from recent shows), dancing and jumping around like a mad man, dripping with sweat within the first minutes.

Afterwards, still crying, I hugged Jacolien, who was ecstatic. I picked up some confetti from the ground and when I came back she, Row and Ellen had vanished. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone and thank them for a great day… I’ll do it here: thanks so much girls. ♥

PERFECT Imke! Perfect.. Thank you TOO for being amazing. I am about to post my own review.. hold onto your horses.. its long!

Wow! That was a lot of catching up, but so worth it.:D

Where you been? ;)

did you do it?

yes she did.. she nearly burst my ear drums!!

I didn't hear it, and I listened three time,lol.

Yes she did :awesome:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I did, but our group had to split up because of the scanner-debacle. So I did it on my own, and I can't really hear it on the livestream!

But the people around me sure did :lol:

I'll just listen another dozen times,lol.:D Go ELLEN!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Yep.. go for it... it IS there.. but hey she was on her own.. I managed to do the .com bit with her though! LOL

OK my review..

It was 7am almost exactly when I arrived at the venue, said good morning to the security guard from the night before, who told me I was nuts.. didn’t really disagree! :) But what can you do? And made my way down the path towards two distant figures on a bench, waving. I assumed it was Ellen and Tash so waved back.. luckily it was, and not some random bench sitting people.

It was cold still, so I was glad I had brought my jacket and two jumpers. I have done this queue thing before and I get SO cold. But the sun didn’t take too long to arrive over the top of the barriers around the field. So exciting.

Around 7.30 Jacolien arrived and joined us on the bench. Four bonkers people now.. the first of 68,000.

We eventually moved to the barriers and spent a while perched on them, trying hard to see what was going on beyond the fence around the gig. However it wasn’t easy. A little while later and two young guys arrived and sat down near our area too.

We made a couple of trips to the train station for supplies, breakfast, coffee.. and later on lunch. Although neither Tash nor myself could eat lunch, as we were starting to get nervous. On the way Tash managed to secure herself a HUGE red balloon advertising the political party she supported, which we are somewhat dubious would be allowed into the arena, but it came with us for a while!

The day passed relatively quickly. The sun was hot, we all sat on the grass and there was quite a nice atmosphere. We listened to Paradise on a loop for EVER. Tash tweeted that they could stop now.. and they did!

Eventually Blue Nails, Imke and her mum arrived and joined us, and somewhat later on, a few of Ellen’s friends arrived.

We made a trip to the merchandise stand, I went to buy a replacement for my missing button, and ended up with a gorgeous black hoodie with Coldplay live 2012 on the front, and the symbols on the back. Not exactly a replacement but lovely.

The day wore on, and eventually things started to hot up.. not just weatherwise. 3pm was getting nearer! So exciting, so nervous! I started to shake, and couldn’t seem to stop! I was SO desperate to get our longed for front row position! But we were FIRST, nothing and nobody would run faster surely. Although we were worried about the VIPs who were getting let in first!

They took the barriers away we had a great view of the stage in the distance.. SUCH a long long way down the field. I was SO scared now.. so nervous… anxious, the time was rapidly approaching…. It had gone SO fast so far, but now seemed to slow down like treacle.. when WOULD they let us in. We all entered our barriers like racehorses at the start. The queues to get in now snaking down into the distance.

They let the VIPS in and these people (what was wrong with them?) were walking leisurely down the field! Eventually the time came, we asked the security guards to search our bags first, so that we had a head start when the eventual time came. I eyed my scanner lady, would she be on the ball, would she scan my ticket fast? I have to admit to slight worry that the ticket would be invalid! My worst nightmare!

Then they opened it.. people streamed in, I ran to the scanner lady, first in my queue…. And beep beep beep… it didn’t work.. Oh my god! Was it a bad ticket.!!? She tried again.. beep beep beep.. nothing.. We tried a different bar code.. beep beep beep.. then I realised it wasn’t JUST me, all the queue in our section were having the same problems! In the meantime the other queues were running down the field!

I got VERY upset, and the lady scanning my ticket tried to reassure me that I would get in! I replied that I KNEW this… but NOT where I wanted to be in front! The place I had dreamed of being ever since I had missed out in London by such a slim margin! Surely the same thing wouldn’t happen again! Close to tears I watched as the other queues streamed in, so so unfair. Evenutally after what seemed a year, they brought a new scanner in, and Ellen was off, we cheered at her to RUN like the wind, and eventually my ticket was scanned and I joined in hot pursuit down the field!

What a run that was, so far! My lungs were on fire, my legs like lead, and I HAD to slow down nearer the golden circle, I managed to get in.. and then realised, that there were NO spaces in the front row anywhere near where we wanted to be! I found Tash, very upset, she too not having to a front row postion. I asked if she knew were Ellen was, and I suddenly saw her and ran over to her, in the place we wanted to be, Jonnys side, half way down the ramp.. but second row.

Talk about gutting. Poor Ellen was Crying with frustration, and I was furious! Smoke was coming out of my ears and there was talk of complaining about the ticket scanners. A man about 6’4 stood in front of me. A foot higher than I was.

No way, no way! So upstetting. We Whatsapped K, Mara and Sharon to tell them the sad news. I think I may have used some slightly rude language at some point, so apologies to anyone who was around. But it was so dreadfully upsetting when you consider how long we’d been there.

Then a miracle occurred in the form of Imke and her mom. (my angels!) Two VIP’s had decided they didn’t WANT their front row space and left! She grabbed it, and pulled us in with her! Thank god, thank Imke! thank you! We had ONE space and decided Ellen and I would share.

I grabbed the barrier. My barrier. Our Barrier. This thing took up such significance to me, had been preying on my mind for three months since London. And finally we had it.. a small bit. But ours. We texted the girls on the forum to let them know.. Relief all round!

We decided when we would swap in and out with Imke and her mom, as we had two spaces on the front. We discussed what songs we wanted to be front for, Ellen claimed GPAS as this was something she was pretty desperate to film. We all agreed, of course and settled down for the four hour wait in the hot sun for the support act to come on at 7pm.

Finally Charlie XCX came on. An interesting lady, with interesting dancing and shoes. Her music not too dreadful, not really something I think I would listen too, but a huge improvement to the ones in London. We all agreed, well, most of the surrounding ladies anyway, agreed that she was field testing a bra! She certainly needed slightly more support in that area anyway we all thought! :laugh3:

Then after a short delay, Marina and the diamonds arrived. I was still in the front at this point, and Ellen being a big fan, Imke let her into the front too, so that she could watch it properly. Marina has interesting clothes, but I quite like some of her songs, so I was happy.

Time moved on, it was getting cold and I put on my new hoodie, it was warmer like that, but my legs were shaking, whether from lack of food, I’d only had a bacon sandwich all day around 10am, nerves or cold I haven’t a clue, but I couldn’t seem to stop them.

Then Roadie 42 and the Coldplay roadies came onto the stage to a huge cheer.

Finally 99 problems started! Ellen knows all the words, so I filmed her.. quite hilarious.

Then Back To The Future started and the gig was on!

Oh my the gig. Words fail me. Front row the whole time, we all managed to squeeze in.. somehow, and I cannot thank Imke and her mum enough for letting us. You guys rock ! So so much. I love you. :heart:

Highlights, include Ellen and I holding her banner up, which said AMSTERDAM and at the end of In my place, Chris, walking back up the ramp, turned, noticed us, and WINKED. I had to hold Ellen up! Her legs gave way! Oh what could be better!!

The rest of the gig was amazing! Confetti, darkness, xylobands, singing, singing, so so much, screaming! Apparently, as evidenced by any videos I took, I can’t remember, but it seemed I screamed my head off all night.. My voice is still just only coming back. The atmosphere was ELECTRIC.

I looked up at the start to see fireworks, lasers, the huge screens showing the MX rings, flashing, the place lifted off. The noise, the bass thumping through us, the barriers we were stood on BOUNCING as every single person in the front row JUMPED in time to the songs! Amazing.. amazing. If the place had a roof it would have come off. The atmosphere was just electric. I have never in my life been a part of such a wonderful thing. London was good, London was fabulous, but this was better.

The weather was perfect, the wind dropped, and we had the absolutely best gig in the world. It seemed to me, hanging onto my bit of barrier like it was a lifeline, that time stopped whilst this perfect music, perfect place exploded around me.

Other highlights include the end of Viva, filming it on Ellen’s camera for her. I managed to capture some amazing blue eyes, which seemed to be staring STRAIGHT at me! Thanks Ellen for allowing me to use your camera, it’s far and away better than mine.

All too soon though we were down to the C stage, and then back for Clocks. Fix you was amazing, but Chris messed up the beginning. Well you have to have ONE screw up don't you or it's not a real Coldplay gig! :D Ellen called K at this point and she listened to the song with us, via her mobile.

Then it was Every tear drop.. and the gig was over. So sad that it had to finish. But what an amazing amazing gig. The best EVER.

OK my review..

It was 7am almost exactly when I arrived at the venue, said good morning to the security guard from the night before, who told me I was nuts.. didn’t really disagree! :) But what can you do? And made my way down the path towards two distant figures on a bench, waving. I assumed it was Ellen and Tash so waved back.. luckily it was, and not some random bench sitting people.

It was cold still, so I was glad I had brought my jacket and two jumpers. I have done this queue thing before and I get SO cold. But the sun didn’t take too long to arrive over the top of the barriers around the field. So exciting.

Around 7.30 Jacolien arrived and joined us on the bench. Four bonkers people now.. the first of 68,000.

We eventually moved to the barriers and spent a while perched on them, trying hard to see what was going on beyond the fence around the gig. However it wasn’t easy. A little while later and two young guys arrived and sat down near our area too.

We made a couple of trips to the train station for supplies, breakfast, coffee.. and later on lunch. Although neither Tash nor myself could eat lunch, as we were starting to get nervous. On the way Tash managed to secure herself a HUGE red balloon advertising the political party she supported, which we are somewhat dubious would be allowed into the arena, but it came with us for a while!

The day passed relatively quickly. The sun was hot, we all sat on the grass and there was quite a nice atmosphere. We listened to Paradise on a loop for EVER. Tash tweeted that they could stop now.. and they did!

Eventually Blue Nails, Imke and her mum arrived and joined us, and somewhat later on, a few of Ellen’s friends arrived.

We made a trip to the merchandise stand, I went to buy a replacement for my missing button, and ended up with a gorgeous black hoodie with Coldplay live 2012 on the front, and the symbols on the back. Not exactly a replacement but lovely.

The day wore on, and eventually things started to hot up.. not just weatherwise. 3pm was getting nearer! So exciting, so nervous! I started to shake, and couldn’t seem to stop! I was SO desperate to get our longed for front row position! But we were FIRST, nothing and nobody would run faster surely. Although we were worried about the VIPs who were getting let in first!

They took the barriers away we had a great view of the stage in the distance.. SUCH a long long way down the field. I was SO scared now.. so nervous… anxious, the time was rapidly approaching…. It had gone SO fast so far, but now seemed to slow down like treacle.. when WOULD they let us in. We all entered our barriers like racehorses at the start. The queues to get in now snaking down into the distance.

They let the VIPS in and these people (what was wrong with them?) were walking leisurely down the field! Eventually the time came, we asked the security guards to search our bags first, so that we had a head start when the eventual time came. I eyed my scanner lady, would she be on the ball, would she scan my ticket fast? I have to admit to slight worry that the ticket would be invalid! My worst nightmare!

Then they opened it.. people streamed in, I ran to the scanner lady, first in my queue…. And beep beep beep… it didn’t work.. Oh my god! Was it a bad ticket.!!? She tried again.. beep beep beep.. nothing.. We tried a different bar code.. beep beep beep.. then I realised it wasn’t JUST me, all the queue in our section were having the same problems! In the meantime the other queues were running down the field!

I got VERY upset, and the lady scanning my ticket tried to reassure me that I would get in! I replied that I KNEW this… but NOT where I wanted to be in front! The place I had dreamed of being ever since I had missed out in London by such a slim margin! Surely the same thing wouldn’t happen again! Close to tears I watched as the other queues streamed in, so so unfair. Evenutally after what seemed a year, they brought a new scanner in, and Ellen was off, we cheered at her to RUN like the wind, and eventually my ticket was scanned and I joined in hot pursuit down the field!

What a run that was, so far! My lungs were on fire, my legs like lead, and I HAD to slow down nearer the golden circle, I managed to get in.. and then realised, that there were NO spaces in the front row anywhere near where we wanted to be! I found Tash, very upset, she too not having to a front row postion. I asked if she knew were Ellen was, and I suddenly saw her and ran over to her, in the place we wanted to be, Jonnys side, half way down the ramp.. but second row.

Talk about gutting. Poor Ellen was Crying with frustration, and I was furious! Smoke was coming out of my ears and there was talk of complaining about the ticket scanners. A man about 6’4 stood in front of me. A foot higher than I was.

No way, no way! So upstetting. We Whatsapped K, Mara and Sharon to tell them the sad news. I think I may have used some slightly rude language at some point, so apologies to anyone who was around. But it was so dreadfully upsetting when you consider how long we’d been there.

Then a miracle occurred in the form of Imke and her mom. (my angels!) Two VIP’s had decided they didn’t WANT their front row space and left! She grabbed it, and pulled us in with her! Thank god, thank Imke! thank you! We had ONE space and decided Ellen and I would share.

I grabbed the barrier. My barrier. Our Barrier. This thing took up such significance to me, had been preying on my mind for three months since London. And finally we had it.. a small bit. But ours. We texted the girls on the forum to let them know.. Relief all round!

We decided when we would swap in and out with Imke and her mom, as we had two spaces on the front. We discussed what songs we wanted to be front for, Ellen claimed GPAS as this was something she was pretty desperate to film. We all agreed, of course and settled down for the four hour wait in the hot sun for the support act to come on at 7pm.

Finally Charlie XCX came on. An interesting lady, with interesting dancing and shoes. Her music not too dreadful, not really something I think I would listen too, but a huge improvement to the ones in London. We all agreed, well, most of the surrounding ladies anyway, agreed that she was field testing a bra! She certainly needed slightly more support in that area anyway we all thought! :laugh3:

Then after a short delay, Marina and the diamonds arrived. I was still in the front at this point, and Ellen being a big fan, Imke let her into the front too, so that she could watch it properly. Marina has interesting clothes, but I quite like some of her songs, so I was happy.

Time moved on, it was getting cold and I put on my new hoodie, it was warmer like that, but my legs were shaking, whether from lack of food, I’d only had a bacon sandwich all day around 10am, nerves or cold I haven’t a clue, but I couldn’t seem to stop them.

Then Roadie 42 and the Coldplay roadies came onto the stage to a huge cheer.

Finally 99 problems started! Ellen knows all the words, so I filmed her.. quite hilarious.

Then Back To The Future started and the gig was on!

Oh my the gig. Words fail me. Front row the whole time, we all managed to squeeze in.. somehow, and I cannot thank Imke and her mum enough for letting us. You guys rock ! So so much. I love you. :heart:

Highlights, include Ellen and I holding her banner up, which said AMSTERDAM and at the end of In my place, Chris, walking back up the ramp, turned, noticed us, and WINKED. I had to hold Ellen up! Her legs gave way! Oh what could be better!!

The rest of the gig was amazing! Confetti, darkness, xylobands, singing, singing, so so much, screaming! Apparently, as evidenced by any videos I took, I can’t remember, but it seemed I screamed my head off all night.. My voice is still just only coming back. The atmosphere was ELECTRIC.

I looked up at the start to see fireworks, lasers, the huge screens showing the MX rings, flashing, the place lifted off. The noise, the bass thumping through us, the barriers we were stood on BOUNCING as every single person in the front row JUMPED in time to the songs! Amazing.. amazing. If the place had a roof it would have come off. The atmosphere was just electric. I have never in my life been a part of such a wonderful thing. London was good, London was fabulous, but this was better.

The weather was perfect, the wind dropped, and we had the absolutely best gig in the world. It seemed to me, hanging onto my bit of barrier like it was a lifeline, that time stopped whilst this perfect music, perfect place exploded around me.

Other highlights include the end of Viva, filming it on Ellen’s camera for her. I managed to capture some amazing blue eyes, which seemed to be staring STRAIGHT at me! Thanks Ellen for allowing me to use your camera, it’s far and away better than mine.

All too soon though we were down to the C stage, and then back for Clocks. Fix you was amazing, but Chris messed up the beginning. Well you have to have ONE screw up don't you or it's not a real Coldplay gig! :D Ellen called K at this point and she listened to the song with us, via her mobile.

Then it was Every tear drop.. and the gig was over. So sad that it had to finish. But what an amazing amazing gig. The best EVER.

Thanks for you review, love it.

And I totally agree on Chalie's bra. It was basically 30 minutes of bouncing boobs in front of me.... She really needs to find a good sports-bra.

I'm so happy for you and Ellen that you did get those front row spots, too bad I couldn't join you because of some girl that didn't want to let me pass... But we had a great time and it still feels like we experienced it all together!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwAjuyadocI]Malieveld, the Hague. Coldplay - God put a smile upon your face - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Eqa5_DlY4&feature=channel&list=UL]Malieveld, the Hague. Coldplay - the Scientist, intro - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJvEfGvc6A&feature=channel&list=UL]Malieveld, the Hague. Coldplay - Speed of Sound - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BBqnwg4ek&feature=channel&list=UL]Malieveld, the Hague. Coldplay - Charlie Brown - YouTube[/ame]

yes, I was getting a bit emotional during Speed Of Sound, and sorry for my loud voice, it's very false.

more vids are following in the comming days.

PERFECT Imke! Perfect.. Thank you TOO for being amazing. I am about to post my own review.. hold onto your horses.. its long!

Where you been? ;)

yes she did.. she nearly burst my ear drums!!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Yep.. go for it... it IS there.. but hey she was on her own.. I managed to do the .com bit with her though! LOL

Ugh! Food poisoning kept me down all day and night yesterday. This thread made me feel a whole lot better though!:D

Well, there's nothing I can add to all the awesome reviews written here (thanks everyone!) so I'll just drop a link to my pictures. They didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped, but oh well... there's a few good ones in there:

[ame= Coldplay, Malieveld Den Haag, 06-09-2012show/]Coldplay, Malieveld Den Haag, 06-09-2012[/ame]

Coldplay, Malieveld Den Haag, 06-09-2012

Ugh! Food poisoning kept me down all day and night yesterday. This thread made me feel a whole lot better though!:D

Oh no.. sorry to hear that. I hope you do feel better soon Tracie. :heart:

The gig was awesome. If you can download the live stream.. it rocked our socks off..

I did, but our group had to split up because of the scanner-debacle. So I did it on my own, and I can't really hear it on the livestream! But the people around me sure did :lol:

I heard it!! :) It was awesome.

Sorry you have been sick, Tracie - hope you are feelling better.

Great reviews!!! Sounds like an unbelievable gig.

Sorry no hide button....

First, I can't do the hide/show button thingee with my iPhone, too hard

so sorry for the long post.

Anyway, I'm not one for detailed reviews, but I had to pop on

and commiserate- was there some kind of conspiracy against us?

I think every one of us were

all in the same damn non-functioning scanner line.

It sucked!!!

This was my 17th CP show and as The Angie knows, it ain't a Coldplay

show for me without some kind of pre-entrance f-up, so par

for the course.

Though my friend and I arrived at around 10ish

to scope out the queue we didn't stay the whole time

as I've been super sick and kind of needing to

baby myself before we head back to the states.

There really weren't too many people lined up even by 1:00

And we managed to find Tash and her cping group (hi Row!)

which was goal 1 so that was great....(though as proof

that I need to come on the boards more I thought I

was looking for a boy!?!....Im an idiot.) We went to grab food and

because I'm sick as crap and just not normal we almost

missed the 3:00 doors....Angie stop it, right now. I can hear you from here.

Somehow I finally got my wheezing bronchial infection

lungs going and made my dash, ending up getting right

behind Tash as it was hitting her she had waited all day

only to miss the rail by one. I felt so bad for her.

Once my friend joined me we corresponded with our meet and greet

contact and realized we needed to be on Guy's side instead of Jonny's

so we said a quick goodbye and tromped off ....to a spot right on the rail!?

...go figure? We hung out there with high school boys and

moms, dads, kids and grandparents. You know,

the usual CP crowd. It was so great, makes waiting for

6 hrs fly by.

We had to meet the Live Nation rep at precisely 8:20. So

we left our spot on the rail and kept telling people all the way out:

" we're coming back in a little bit" kind of ridiculously hoping

to get our places back. And because CP fans are so loverly

we somehow managed, during 99 problems!!!, to wiggle right back

through the same crowd and in our spot just in time.

I won't review the gig itself , there are great ones already posted here.

I'll just add that the show was killer as always, Chris' voice was indeed shot as

some people listening to the live feed noted, fireworks are always

a good thing, and Dutch crowds are loud as shit.

I'll post a little seperate thing about the meet and greet (nothing epic, just fun)

but I really wanted to jump in and join the lengthiest show review

thread in history.

I'll post a few show pics when I get back but only if they don't suck.

~K

Coldplay Malieveld

This was the 4th time I went to a Coldplay concert and tonight it was in my hometown The Hague. Me and my friend arrived at 16.00 and went straight to the C stage. We were lucky because no one knew this was a stage that Coldplay would play on. Choose the best possible positions and Oh was it worth it. I had to touch all the istruments (LOL) When the guys finally came and Chris came on, he stood in front of me and my friend (1 meter), also he winked and maked big eyes when he saw me. Jon was still down I reached my hand, he saw me and he walked to me, Shook hands with me and only me... ohhh I was so so happy (Second time He gave me a hand and a smile also in Nijmegen when I stood in the front). Then Chris came down to the camera of my girlfriend next to me, the screeming around was so loud (everybody thought he was kissing someone), closer then this we will never see him again. I also got the towel of the security, and I am still walking on clouds.. you can imagine. (Sorry for my poor English).

This was the 4th time I went to a Coldplay concert and tonight it was in my hometown The Hague. Me and my friend arrived at 16.00 and went straight to the C stage. We were lucky because no one knew this was a stage that Coldplay would play on. Choose the best possible positions and Oh was it worth it. I had to touch all the istruments (LOL) When the guys finally came and Chris came on, he stood in front of me and my friend (1 meter), also he winked and maked big eyes when he saw me. Jon was still down I reached my hand, he saw me and he walked to me, Shook hands with me and only me... ohhh I was so so happy (Second time He gave me a hand and a smile also in Nijmegen when I stood in the front). Then Chris came down to the camera of my girlfriend next to me, the screeming around was so loud (everybody thought he was kissing someone), closer then this we will never see him again. I also got the towel of the security, and I am still walking on clouds.. you can imagine. (Sorry for my poor English).

THAT'S THE ULTIMATE COLDPLAY EXPIERIENCE. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :lol:

Still haven’t read the whole thread and only parts of some reviews, but they look great. In the meantime, here’s mine:

My mum and I were staying in Scheveningen, so we took a bus at around 10am and were at the Malieveld half an hour later. As soon as we got out, we heard Paradise and saw people hanging on the gates to see the stage, so we got excited because we thought they were soundchecking. It was a tape. And they played it a few million times until Tash commanded them to stop. :P

There were many gates and few people. I saw some vaguely familiar faces, so went up to say hi and they were Ellen and Row. Later I met Jacolien, Jantine and the famous Tash who was still not feeling too well… I loved meeting all of you, everyone is so nice!

The weather was perfect. Not too hot and still dry and sunny. Gates opened a few stressful minutes after 3pm and we ran… Or that’s what we thought. The scanners didn’t work at our gate and we watched everyone else run. It felt like hours later when the scanner was replaced, Row was let through in front of me and we were off. Ellen was already out of sight by then. The run was long, but at least we were in control again.

Ellen had captured a spot at Jonny’s side, halfway down the ramp. We were all very disappointed to be second row. It was so unfair. Especially to Ellen and Row who were the first to arrive at the venue, out of 70,000 people, and had all the right in the world to have the best spots on the field.

However. There were two VIP guys in front of us who left at some point, so we took their place. (Thank you VIPs for spending 140 euro’s extra just to save our lives.) :sneaky:

The wait was long and we all got really tired. I had to sit down a few times or I’d have fainted. There was a DJ who played some good music and at 7pm Charlie XCX started. I enjoyed watching her. The girl has balls (or does she?) and gave everything in her dancing. Wonder who she’s learned that from…

Marina And The Diamonds was wonderful. Loved her music. And her shoes.

Some fiddling with glow sticks (which make for nice earrings, by the way) and a panorama pic later – I didn’t even realise it was time yet – 99 Problems kicked in. Ellen knows all the lyrics to that song and I think Row has evidence. :lol:

And then there they were.

The concert was amazing, but I have some stuff on my mind, which unfortunately caused my thoughts to drift off a couple of times. I wasn’t able to enjoy the show as I’d normally have, which was very frustrating. I waited nine months for this day and now I wasn’t able to take it all in like I wanted...

Anyway, the band wasn’t at all to blame and in spite of my troubles I witnessed one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Makes me proud. My mum is still on a cloud and I hope everyone who went or listened to the live stream is too.

Some songs haven’t registered but I do recall a few moments:

-In My Place: shitloads of confetti. Insane.

-Lovers In Japan: almost forgot what a great tune this is. Almost.

-The Scientist: “We have the best fans in the world and everybody knows it!” Thank you Chris, the love is mutual.

-Violet Hill: this is one of my favourite songs. Always solid as a rock.

-God Put A Smile: Probably the best song on the set. Plus: CHRIS AND JONNY ROCKING OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.

-Princess Of China: please delete from setlist OK thanks.

-Warning Sign: One of the most stunning moments. This is why I love Coldplay. Stripped down, no gimmicks, straight from the heart. Then afterwards, of course, Oh oh Den Haag. Hilarious! Chris Martin is a fucking genius and everybody knows it.

-Don’t Let It Break Your Heart: finally clicked with me. It doesn’t work for me on record, but live it’s a gem!

-Paradise: has a special place in my heart.

-Us Against The World: those harmonies, my god. Will you are beautiful.

-Speed Of Sound: feels like this version is how they meant that song to be.

-Fix You: just takes my heart and tears it to pieces. :| Everything hit me all at once and I was sobbing. Took me until after the gig was done to recover from it, too.

Favourite moment: Yellow. Amazing piano intro, Chris singing low and soothing… Then counting down and singing our hearts out.

The crowd was amazing, almost as good as at the Ahoy and a hundred times better than at the Goffertpark three years (!) ago. Seemed like the boys were very into it as well. Chris was more excited than I had ever seen him (although I didn’t watch any footage from recent shows), dancing and jumping around like a mad man, dripping with sweat within the first minutes.

Afterwards, still crying, I hugged Jacolien, who was ecstatic. I picked up some confetti from the ground and when I came back she, Row and Ellen had vanished. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone and thank them for a great day… I’ll do it here: thanks so much girls. ♥

aaaaargrrr I SO know how you feel about the living up to this concert for so long and then not feeling OK when it's actually happening right in front of you and you can't enjoy it as much as you've hoped for :( I know how you feel... Wouldn't have thought there would be another person so upclose to them, having the same troubles as me!

Pfff, I believe I made it through the thread...

Amazing to relive the whole concert by reading your posts. Thanks everyone! :)

Massive multiquote post coming up.

Omg, my friend forgot to print te tickets. Now back home to print them. I hate him so much right now.

This sucks. :angry:

Row and Ellen

2b2bc7bf.jpg?t=1346941995

Hey this pic looks familiar. Too cute. :wacky:

Universal Pictures ‏@Universal_NL

Ted: Help! These @coldplay fans are crazy! #Iwantbeer #Malieveld #Coldplayfilm http://pic.twitter.com/EYX9xqFF

A2HZmoJCMAAO472.jpg

:lol: This is a pun. 'Beer' means 'bear' in Dutch.

7945472338_d96ed1128e_b.jpg

Ellen! Row! We are in this picture! :o

I have to read a lot of pages (wich I'm gonna do certainly) but oooooooh myyy it was so nice:D They played very good :D

But...

I was sick all day:O REALLY sick ohmyyyyyyy. I've lived up to this concert since december last year and when it's finally gonna happen, i'm sick:( I was at the entrance at 11 in the morning and waited all day wich wasn't that nice while being sick and when the concert finally started i had the worst stomach pain ever and on top of that, I pucked on the floor (right between everybody's legs, hahaha) during clocks. After that I felt great. :P

But because I was sick I had NO energy to jump of sing a long with the songs and I was constantly thinking, oooooh i should sit, i don't feel good, etc... So I didn't enjoy the concert as much as i was hoping for the last year:(

And now that it's over i'm so sad :(:( When will i be seeing them again?!

Holy shit, this is awful. You must have felt horrible. :(

Next time Leonie, you will have the time of your life and that day will be here before you know it!

Jon walked back to main, Chris thanked the audience in Dutch and followed him.. when he got to the point where I was, he looked at my sign again, read it and WINKED. YES. WINKED. My knees instantly turned to mush :drunk:

I had to ask Row if that REALLY happened or if I just went mental and imagined it. But nope. It happened. If somebody is reading this and has a video of that part of IMP.. pretty please post it :nice:

Ellen, epic review! YES it definitely happened. He nodded and winked. Let's hope there's a video!

I still have that image in my head of you running across the field. Boom, she was off. :)

Jacolien, great review and wow your pics are fantastic!

I'm sorry you weren't let through by that girl...

Chris sees my banner and gives me a thumbs up (at 0:27) :wacky:

Aaawww :wacky:

Sweet Imke, love your review.

Sorry to hear you were having some personal troubles and couldn't enjoy to the fullest.

You're welcome for the hug. If I or we, as in the Chrissy-girls, can be of any help, you know where to go. We will be there for you! :hug: :kiss:

Was I ecstatic? Hihi :D

Aw thank you so much, that's very sweet.

Yes you were! You had a huge grin on your face and you were practically jumping up and down. :lol:

Row, loved your review too. I almost forgot when Chris looked straight at us after Viva, but he did. I'm really glad you had such an amazing time. :kiss:

Now I just HAVE to ask; where exactly was that C-stage? I couldn't seen a single thing when they were playing on there, and you can't see it in the panaroma, can you? Was it far back? (Silly question maybe but yeah don't think I knew about that extra stage)