Mabru

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O

M

G

Jacolien what camera do you use because I am buying one! holy cow those are good shots!!

Oh my lord.. Sorry having to have a little sit down now....

It was lovely to meet you too honey, really lovely.. we had a great day really, and I hope your sunburn is better.. LOL..

I'm going to do my review today too..

A couple of my pics..

560502_4177518189698_1833930589_n.jpg

560497_4177513349577_1055246299_n.jpg

285505_4177509469480_578281670_n.jpg

304618_4177745915391_848226278_n.jpg

644360_4177743515331_103213021_n.jpg

310452_4177759955742_718561434_n.jpg

Haha, Love your reaction.

I bought myself a Olympus SZ-31MR for my birthday! I really don't regret it, although when I zoomed during the Warning Sign-vid it kind of makes the image shiver (if that makes sense...).

Your pictures look very good too, Row.

Oh, and the sunburn is doing very fine. It's still a bit red but doesn't hurt anymore. Thnx for the love.

I've had the 3FM broadcast on repeat since yesterday afternoon :D

My pictures and videos didn't come out great but I could post some of them, if anyone's interested?

Same here, can't stop it. If I pause it, I feel empty....

Chris sees my banner and gives me a thumbs up (at 00:27) :wacky:

WHOOOT!!!!! That's amazing!

So, indirectly, he also did thumbs up to all of us at Coldplaying! :dazzled:

Just felt like I had to write down at least a little bit of text of my experience, so here we go:)

Most of my waiting buddies already let you guys know how it went while waiting, so I will not go into that deeply.

After the scanner problem everyone was finally able to run. I was about to run when my muscles in both my legs decided to cramp and almost fell down because of that. No running for me.. Luckily I was able to get in the first section without a problem. After looking around for a few seconds I was able to spot Tash, Stefan and a few others. I got there without a problem, thankfully. So so glad that the all girls were all able to get good spots, even though we weren't all together anymore, made me very happy!:D

After some more waiting Charli XCX began. She was alright I guess. I have to applaud her for just doing her thing and not caring about her crazy movements in front of a huge crowd.

Marina had a cold, which you could hear clearly when she spoke. The start was a bit slowish, but I really liked her more and more towards the end. I only know her previous album and thankfully she did some of them as well.

Only bad part was the annoying woman who kept trying to get forward. Luckily she kept being annoying and therefor she had to get out of the first section. She got dragged over the fence by the security together with her friend. Byebye woman :D

And finally... Coldplay came up!

It was amazing! It was my 6th time seeing Coldplay and I have to say that it was way way better then the Goffertpark gigs. The audience was amazing as well. Had so much fun during the concert.

Here a few pics from my phone. Most of em are really artsy, especially when I tried to get them on camera, so I just put on a few which are sorta alright :laugh3:

j8cefs.jpg

2rggmlz.jpg

um2gw.jpg

28kue6r.jpg

So, here's a few of my pics, that are somewhat decent.

I was way more back than all of you. I arrived at 4.30 and read about the first area here and that we possibly could have gone in there, but yeah, we didn't know :( So we were like 3rd row behind the barriers. And yeah darkness and zooming 10x doesn't really work well at a Coldplay concert, so the rest is too blurry, dark or has way over exposed band members, so no need posting those. I love the fireworks and the confetti one though! :D

IMG_5226.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5332.jpg

IMG_5333copy.jpg

IMG_5335copy.jpg

IMG_5336copy.jpg

Oh and it's a amazingly crap picture, but jackparker, this might be of some kind of value to you.. :embarrassed:

IMG_5328.jpg

So, here's a few of my pics, that are somewhat decent.

I was way more back than all of you. I arrived at 4.30 and read about the first area here and that we possibly could have gone in there, but yeah, we didn't know :( So we were like 3rd row behind the barriers. And yeah darkness and zooming 10x doesn't really work well at a Coldplay concert, so the rest is too blurry, dark or has way over exposed band members, so no need posting those. I love the fireworks and the confetti one though! :D

IMG_5226.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5332.jpg

IMG_5333copy.jpg

IMG_5335copy.jpg

IMG_5336copy.jpg

Oh and it's a amazingly crap picture, but jackparker, this might be of some kind of value to you.. :embarrassed:

IMG_5328.jpg

Amaaaaazing photos! Wow:stunned:

Still haven’t read the whole thread and only parts of some reviews, but they look great. In the meantime, here’s mine:

My mum and I were staying in Scheveningen, so we took a bus at around 10am and were at the Malieveld half an hour later. As soon as we got out, we heard Paradise and saw people hanging on the gates to see the stage, so we got excited because we thought they were soundchecking. It was a tape. And they played it a few million times until Tash commanded them to stop. :P

There were many gates and few people. I saw some vaguely familiar faces, so went up to say hi and they were Ellen and Row. Later I met Jacolien, Jantine and the famous Tash who was still not feeling too well… I loved meeting all of you, everyone is so nice!

The weather was perfect. Not too hot and still dry and sunny. Gates opened a few stressful minutes after 3pm and we ran… Or that’s what we thought. The scanners didn’t work at our gate and we watched everyone else run. It felt like hours later when the scanner was replaced, Row was let through in front of me and we were off. Ellen was already out of sight by then. The run was long, but at least we were in control again.

Ellen had captured a spot at Jonny’s side, halfway down the ramp. We were all very disappointed to be second row. It was so unfair. Especially to Ellen and Row who were the first to arrive at the venue, out of 70,000 people, and had all the right in the world to have the best spots on the field.

However. There were two VIP guys in front of us who left at some point, so we took their place. (Thank you VIPs for spending 140 euro’s extra just to save our lives.) :sneaky:

The wait was long and we all got really tired. I had to sit down a few times or I’d have fainted. There was a DJ who played some good music and at 7pm Charlie XCX started. I enjoyed watching her. The girl has balls (or does she?) and gave everything in her dancing. Wonder who she’s learned that from…

Marina And The Diamonds was wonderful. Loved her music. And her shoes.

Some fiddling with glow sticks (which make for nice earrings, by the way) and a panorama pic later – I didn’t even realise it was time yet – 99 Problems kicked in. Ellen knows all the lyrics to that song and I think Row has evidence. :lol:

And then there they were.

The concert was amazing, but I have some stuff on my mind, which unfortunately caused my thoughts to drift off a couple of times. I wasn’t able to enjoy the show as I’d normally have, which was very frustrating. I waited nine months for this day and now I wasn’t able to take it all in like I wanted...

Anyway, the band wasn’t at all to blame and in spite of my troubles I witnessed one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Makes me proud. My mum is still on a cloud and I hope everyone who went or listened to the live stream is too.

Some songs haven’t registered but I do recall a few moments:

-In My Place: shitloads of confetti. Insane.

-Lovers In Japan: almost forgot what a great tune this is. Almost.

-The Scientist: “We have the best fans in the world and everybody knows it!” Thank you Chris, the love is mutual.

-Violet Hill: this is one of my favourite songs. Always solid as a rock.

-God Put A Smile: Probably the best song on the set. Plus: CHRIS AND JONNY ROCKING OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.

-Princess Of China: please delete from setlist OK thanks.

-Warning Sign: One of the most stunning moments. This is why I love Coldplay. Stripped down, no gimmicks, straight from the heart. Then afterwards, of course, Oh oh Den Haag. Hilarious! Chris Martin is a fucking genius and everybody knows it.

-Don’t Let It Break Your Heart: finally clicked with me. It doesn’t work for me on record, but live it’s a gem!

-Paradise: has a special place in my heart.

-Us Against The World: those harmonies, my god. Will you are beautiful.

-Speed Of Sound: feels like this version is how they meant that song to be.

-Fix You: just takes my heart and tears it to pieces. :| Everything hit me all at once and I was sobbing. Took me until after the gig was done to recover from it, too.

Favourite moment: Yellow. Amazing piano intro, Chris singing low and soothing… Then counting down and singing our hearts out.

The crowd was amazing, almost as good as at the Ahoy and a hundred times better than at the Goffertpark three years (!) ago. Seemed like the boys were very into it as well. Chris was more excited than I had ever seen him (although I didn’t watch any footage from recent shows), dancing and jumping around like a mad man, dripping with sweat within the first minutes.

Afterwards, still crying, I hugged Jacolien, who was ecstatic. I picked up some confetti from the ground and when I came back she, Row and Ellen had vanished. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone and thank them for a great day… I’ll do it here: thanks so much girls. ♥

Time for my review.

After have stood front row during my last 3 Coldplay gigs, my friends and I decided we wanted to take things slow this show. We'd be ok with a spot after the first section. But when the day went on and on and I kept reading everyone's posts on Twitter and in this thread I started to get nervous and I convinced my friends to go earlier than planned. When we almost boarded the train my friend, who's only job was taking care of the tickets, found out he forgot to print them. I was furious. We sprinted back home to print them but the printer broke down. Just my luck. Eventually we could print them at the friendly neighbors house but we were delayed for a hour.

We arrived at the Malieveld at 5.30 and decided to buy coins. Then I saw that my yellow Xyloband was already turned on and I went back to switch it. There I met some other friends by coincidence, I thought they were already inside and we'd never find them. We decided to go together.

After drinking some beers (something I've never done before at a Coldplay show because of all the long waiting to be front row) we went for the best spot that was still available. Eventually we stood on the left side of the stage and pretty close to it too. I was relieved, I could see the guys. Not as good as I hoped, but at least I could see them! Just a few minutes before 9 Jay-Z's 99 Problems started, followed by the Back To The Future Theme. It was showtime!

I was really astonished by the fireworks during Mylo Xyloto and Hurts Like Heaven. I had seen it before from other gigs, but to witness it live is truly amazing. In My Place is still wonderful live and also were I stood we were buried in confetti. Followd by Major Minus (still not a fan of it, sorry) and Lovers In Japan. Man, I love that track, so glad it's back on the setlist. Later we had Yellow with the beautiful piano intro. Live it's still one of their best songs. During God Put A Smile Upon Your Face Chris made up a special Dutch improv: 'God give my style, I don't ask for much. Let my band play a concert in Den Haag in front of 70.000 beautiful Dutch!'. We went crazy, it was great.

During the songs on the X-Stage I noticed for the first time I was surrounded by 'casual

Coldplay-listeners'. They knew Princess Of China, but Up In Flames and especially Warning Sign (which was absolutely breathtaking by the way) were unknown. People started chatting, because they couldn't see the guys anymore and they didn't knew the songs. It kinda bothered me. When Chris did the now famous 'Oh, Oh, Den Haag' tribute everyone woke up from the dead and cheered like crazy. I still secretly think I cheered the loudest though, haha.

First time witnessing Don't Let It Break Your Heart was great too, followed by the big sing- and jump along part of the show: Viva La Vida, Charlie Brown and Paradise. Unfortunately by this time in the show my Xyloband already died, so that was kind of shitty. But it didn't affect me, because I was waiting for Speed Of Sound. For years I've been waiting to see this song live and now I have and it was amazing. Finally we jumped like crazy during Clocks, we sung our lungs out during Fix You en were amazed by the beautiful fireworks during Every Teadrdop Is A Waterfall. This is only something Coldplay can pull of. What a band. During ETIAW Chris walked with the Dutch flag and I recognized it from seeing the pics in this thread. It made me laugh hard, which my friends didn't understand. Great job on that flag by the way!

581480_528706567156138_418415760_n.jpg

My view on the fireworks during ETIAW.

Now we have to wait probably a few years to see the guys again, but I'm ok with it. In 2 or 3 years I'll be back on the front row, knowing what it is to see them from a distance, it made me realize that I belong in that first section with the real fans. I had a great time though! I love this band!

Having seen some of the biggest names in the music industry, such as Lady Gaga, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rihanna, I think I can say I'm not easily impressed. Coldplay did succeed in impressing me though! Their concert in The Hague last thursday might just be the best concert I have ever been to. Coldplay's fantastic music plus incredible visuals, a lot of confetti and fireworks made the night one to never forget.

Extra kudos to Marina and the Diamonds who was the best, funniest and most beautiful support act ever! It was so nice to see her live too.

http://sammthing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/coldplays-mylo-xyloto-tour.html

Still haven’t read the whole thread and only parts of some reviews, but they look great. In the meantime, here’s mine:

My mum and I were staying in Scheveningen, so we took a bus at around 10am and were at the Malieveld half an hour later. As soon as we got out, we heard Paradise and saw people hanging on the gates to see the stage, so we got excited because we thought they were soundchecking. It was a tape. And they played it a few million times until Tash commanded them to stop. :P

There were many gates and few people. I saw some vaguely familiar faces, so went up to say hi and they were Ellen and Row. Later I met Jacolien, Jantine and the famous Tash who was still not feeling too well… I loved meeting all of you, everyone is so nice!

The weather was perfect. Not too hot and still dry and sunny. Gates opened a few stressful minutes after 3pm and we ran… Or that’s what we thought. The scanners didn’t work at our gate and we watched everyone else run. It felt like hours later when the scanner was replaced, Row was let through in front of me and we were off. Ellen was already out of sight by then. The run was long, but at least we were in control again.

Ellen had captured a spot at Jonny’s side, halfway down the ramp. We were all very disappointed to be second row. It was so unfair. Especially to Ellen and Row who were the first to arrive at the venue, out of 70,000 people, and had all the right in the world to have the best spots on the field.

However. There were two VIP guys in front of us who left at some point, so we took their place. (Thank you VIPs for spending 140 euro’s extra just to save our lives.) :sneaky:

The wait was long and we all got really tired. I had to sit down a few times or I’d have fainted. There was a DJ who played some good music and at 7pm Charlie XCX started. I enjoyed watching her. The girl has balls (or does she?) and gave everything in her dancing. Wonder who she’s learned that from…

Marina And The Diamonds was wonderful. Loved her music. And her shoes.

Some fiddling with glow sticks (which make for nice earrings, by the way) and a panorama pic later – I didn’t even realise it was time yet – 99 Problems kicked in. Ellen knows all the lyrics to that song and I think Row has evidence. :lol:

And then there they were.

The concert was amazing, but I have some stuff on my mind, which unfortunately caused my thoughts to drift off a couple of times. I wasn’t able to enjoy the show as I’d normally have, which was very frustrating. I waited nine months for this day and now I wasn’t able to take it all in like I wanted...

Anyway, the band wasn’t at all to blame and in spite of my troubles I witnessed one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Makes me proud. My mum is still on a cloud and I hope everyone who went or listened to the live stream is too.

Some songs haven’t registered but I do recall a few moments:

-In My Place: shitloads of confetti. Insane.

-Lovers In Japan: almost forgot what a great tune this is. Almost.

-The Scientist: “We have the best fans in the world and everybody knows it!” Thank you Chris, the love is mutual.

-Violet Hill: this is one of my favourite songs. Always solid as a rock.

-God Put A Smile: Probably the best song on the set. Plus: CHRIS AND JONNY ROCKING OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.

-Princess Of China: please delete from setlist OK thanks.

-Warning Sign: One of the most stunning moments. This is why I love Coldplay. Stripped down, no gimmicks, straight from the heart. Then afterwards, of course, Oh oh Den Haag. Hilarious! Chris Martin is a fucking genius and everybody knows it.

-Don’t Let It Break Your Heart: finally clicked with me. It doesn’t work for me on record, but live it’s a gem!

-Paradise: has a special place in my heart.

-Us Against The World: those harmonies, my god. Will you are beautiful.

-Speed Of Sound: feels like this version is how they meant that song to be.

-Fix You: just takes my heart and tears it to pieces. :| Everything hit me all at once and I was sobbing. Took me until after the gig was done to recover from it, too.

Favourite moment: Yellow. Amazing piano intro, Chris singing low and soothing… Then counting down and singing our hearts out.

The crowd was amazing, almost as good as at the Ahoy and a hundred times better than at the Goffertpark three years (!) ago. Seemed like the boys were very into it as well. Chris was more excited than I had ever seen him (although I didn’t watch any footage from recent shows), dancing and jumping around like a mad man, dripping with sweat within the first minutes.

Afterwards, still crying, I hugged Jacolien, who was ecstatic. I picked up some confetti from the ground and when I came back she, Row and Ellen had vanished. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone and thank them for a great day… I’ll do it here: thanks so much girls. ♥

Sweet Imke, love your review.

Sorry to hear you were having some personal troubles and couldn't enjoy to the fullest.

You're welcome for the hug. If I or we, as in the Chrissy-girls, can be of any help, you know where to go. We will be there for you! :hug: :kiss:

Was I ecstatic? Hihi :D