✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Malieveld, The Hague, Netherlands

Mabru

Chris Martin is held van Den Haag

415904.jpg

"Dit is waanzinnig, echt te gek", zegt Marlies Dingenouts van Den Haag Marketing. De reden voor haar enthousiasme? De Britse band Coldplay speelde gisteren bij hun concert op het Malieveld in Den Haag ineens de klassieker 'Oh Oh Den Haag'.

"Het is een lied dat veel voor Den Haag heeft betekend", legt Dingenouts uit. "Dat zo'n band het lied heeft opgezocht, ingestudeerd en dan speelt, dat is geweldig. Kippenvel voor alle Hagenezen."

Held

Op social media gaat het volgens Dingenouts helemaal los. "Iedereen deelt filmpjes van Coldplays uitvoering van het nummer. Chris Martin, de zanger van Coldplay, is op dit moment de held van alle Hagenezen."

Hieronder een amateuropname van het liedje. Onderaan vind je een compilatie van 3FM.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlonNQ6WVsU[/ame]

3FM-compilatie

3FM maakte een compilatie van verschillende amateurfilmpjes.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=js9KC2-9Qo4[/ame]

link

Translation:

Chris Martin is the hero of The Hague

"This is crazy, really crazy," says Marlies Dingenouts from Den Haag Marketing. The reason for her enthusiasm? The British band Coldplay suddenly started playing the classic song 'Oh Oh Den Haag' during their concert at the Malieveld in The Hague.

"It's a song that has meant a lot for The Hague," explains Dingenouts. "That a band like Coldplay looked up the song, rehearsed it and then play it, that's great. Goosebumps for all Hagenezen."

Hero

Social media is going goes crazy at the moment according to Dingenouts . "Everyone is sharing videos of Coldplay's performance of the song. Chris Martin, lead singer of Coldplay, is currently the hero of all Hagenezen."

Right below is an amateur recording of the song. Below you will find a compilation from 3FM.

*Sorry if I made mistakes, I'm blaming it on the lack of sleep*

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see my hand! :dozey:

HAHAHA.. I wondered where you were.. I have a camera in mine photographing HIM.. LOL yeah nice face Ellen! LOL..

They should've given out a warning for the pic.. nobody knew he was already making it!!

HAHAHA It would have been good.. he took SO many nobody knew how to stand..

This was my 4th Coldplay concert, and I've been to a lot of other concerts, and I can honestly say this was the best fucking concert ever! Had a beautiful spot next to the X-Stage. I screamed for Amsterdam, but 'O O Den Haag' was almost as awesome! :D I won't spoil any more words on this, it was just perfect.

THIS! this 100x

MULTIQUOTE!

Photobomb!

Stefan is my hero!!! He managed to find me a tiny gap and eventually I ended up front row :awesome:

Thank you so so much! :heart:

Taking sneaky pictures of me? Bastards! :lol:

No review from me because I don't like writing reviews. I just want to say that it was a great concert despite the ticket scanners that didn't work, the annoying hipster that was standing next to me (if you're a Coldplayer, sorry! I just don't like hipsters) and the drunk douchebags.

Btw, Chris and Jonny saw my banner again :nice:

(I need to find a video from just after ETIAW until they leave the stage!)

HAHAH photobomb.. now WHO could have taken that photo! LOL..:cool::laugh3:

Hey girl! My sunburn is a bit anoying, but it's ok. It will go away.

I also enjoyed every single second, it was SO amazing.

I feel like I'm trying to find that one word to describe yesterday, but it just won't pop up in my head.

Well, the word probably doesn't exist anyways. There's no words good enough to describe it!

Hope you'll arrive home safe!

Thanks.. glad its not too bad.

Sounds like a plan! :nice:

No, don't say sorry! : )

I was talking about myself, because I was totally photobombing Ellen :lol:

LOL.. that was such a funny time.. it brings it all back.. I am laughing and crying at the same time here..

Well, what can I say? That was insane! Amazing! No words for what happened on the Malieveld last night!!

This.. yes..

And I am home, still voiceless, shattered and I left my frigging BRAND NEW Coldplay hoodie on the train! I hope I can get it back! Otherwise I will cry.

Again.

I will do a full review of the day, the gig and all that jazz later and put it for any one who wants to see it on my own website... but tomorrow not today.. today I need to rest.. I'm old and my legs ache LOL..

:laugh3::laugh3:

Finally read everything in this thread :lol: It was a REALLY REALLY great night, probably one of the best of my life. Realised that during Warning Sign and started crying. Wonderful.

We were there at 10pm and really enjoyed waiting with other Coldplayers :). Eventually made it to front-row at the X-stage and had perfect sight. I felt the band was really into it yesterday! I jumped and danced for almost 2 hours, was home at 3am and had to be at school at 10am. Would love to take a nap, but I'm already going to a local festival in just an hour! So probably I'll be dead sunday. But whatever, thank you Coldplay and thank you Coldplayers for being a great crowd! Will upload my photos later.

I have to read a lot of pages (wich I'm gonna do certainly) but oooooooh myyy it was so nice:D They played very good :D

But...

I was sick all day:O REALLY sick ohmyyyyyyy. I've lived up to this concert since december last year and when it's finally gonna happen, i'm sick:( I was at the entrance at 11 in the morning and waited all day wich wasn't that nice while being sick and when the concert finally started i had the worst stomach pain ever and on top of that, I pucked on the floor (right between everybody's legs, hahaha) during clocks. After that I felt great. :P

But because I was sick I had NO energy to jump of sing a long with the songs and I was constantly thinking, oooooh i should sit, i don't feel good, etc... So I didn't enjoy the concert as much as i was hoping for the last year:(

And now that it's over i'm so sad :(:( When will i be seeing them again?!

I can't stop watching this video from 2:15 onwards when my flag makes a grand appearance :D [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QduChESg9cY]Coldplay Every Teardrop is a Waterfall Malieveld Den Haag - YouTube[/ame]

Listen carefully for the communal cheer once the flag was raised in the air :D

And I've just come to notice that not only was my flag used in ETIAW, but that Chris also had it during Fix You! He got up when the guitar started and was swinging it around the stage!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX_MUfjPjYM][MALIEVELD THE HAGUE 2012 LIVE] Coldplay - Fix You - YouTube[/ame]

Here's my review! It is insanely long, but I just wanted to remember as much as possible. Feel free to just skim through it :lol: I included some of my videos and photos!

September 6th. FINALLY! I had been waiting 9 months for this day to come, and now it finally was there! No surprise that I hardly slept.. instead of the 5 hours that I had planned, I slept 2 :lol: Woke up at 5.15, grabbed my stuff, jumped in the car and drove to The Hague. I arrived at Malieveld at 6.40, and met the security guards that we had talked to the night before. Row, Tash and I told them we were going to be here around 7 the next morning, but I guess they didn’t really believe that because when I went over to say hi to them, one of them said: ‘Goodmorning mi… woah. You’re crazy!’ :lol: Either way, after a quick chat I walked on to the gates and found.. nobody. I was the absolute first one of 68 000 people to arrive! :awesome:

About 10 minutes later Tash and Row joined me, and another 15 minutes later Jacolien joined as well. And there we were, 4 wacko’s sitting at the gates at 7 in the morning. We got a lot of funny looks by people that were passing by to go to work, haha. But we didn’t care; the company was very nice and the weather good! We sat and chatted for a couple of hours, got some Starbucks, peeked over the gates to see the stage, watched the crewbuses get a bit lost and drive the same road about 4 times not knowing where to go, and around 11 it started to get a bit busier at our gate cause BlueNails (Imke) and LoversinJapan (Jantine) joined us. We all chatted, went to get some more coffee, got shoo-ed off the gates by cranky security guards and basically had a good time!

They started soundchecking by playing live recordings of Paradise (from Denmark), Charlie Brown, and some other song we didn’t know. I think we heard the Paradise one about 30 times in a row.. it was driving us crazy!!:lol: They set up a merch stand at the entrance, so I blew all my money and bought a European tourdate shirt & the tourbook :nice:

sam0981x.jpg

Around 2.45, the screens before the gates were removed and they started setting up for 3 PM: opening time! It felt like it took them FOREVER to do so! At our left, the VIPs were getting early entrance so they were walking to the stage in probably the slowest pace I’ve ever seen :dozey:

Anyway, everybody got ready for the bag check-up and ticketscanning. I even got the guy to check my bag beforehand, so I could immediately go to the ticket scanning people and be one of the first people to start running. It sounded like a good idea, and it could’ve worked perfectly, if those DAMN TICKET SCANNERS WOULD FUNCTION PROPERLY! They didn’t work! None of them! So we stood there, they did NOT let us through, and we saw the other 9 gates run by and take up our places. It felt like a punch in the face.. waited for so long, and because of a stupid, stupid, STUPID technical problem it had been for nothing! It took them over a minute to get replacements, and as soon as I shoved my ticket under that thing I started running like a mad person. All I could think was 'Run. Run. Run FASTER. Don't trip! Don't die! Run!' :lol:

When I got there the front row was, of course, already taken. I think I now know what a mental breakdown feels like :lol: I didn’t know what came over me, I just started crying out of frustration. I was genuinely pissed, haha. The fact that I heard 2 front row people say that they basically only really liked Clocks did NOT improve the situation ;) Imke and her mom were next to us, but obtained a front row spot because of two VIP-guys that had left their spots to go meet with friends (dumbest guys ever.. pay 140 euro extra for a ticket, get the perfect spot, and then LEAVE?!). They were very, very generous and gave us one of them so that Row and I could switch spots every now and then, and have a bit of front row  Again: thanks a million :kiss: The spots were great: halfway the ramp close to mainstage, Jonny’s side! (On the panorama pic: green shirt, yellow banner ;))

Then the loooong, long waiting began. The fatigue kicked in, feet hurt and basically all I wanted to do was sleep :lol: A lot of people around me had the same problem, and we couldn’t really sit because the security kept asking us to stand up, so the maximum amount of people could fit into the front section. Anyway.. around 7 PM Charli XCX came on! She was.. somewhat special in terms of dancing and choice of shoes :laugh3: I liked about 3 of her songs.. the rest was just not really my thing.

Then it was Marina and the Diamonds’ turn! I really really like her, so I loved the performance! She looked great, and despite of a cold she still managed to make it a great show!! Love her attitude on stage..

Charli XCX - You're the one

Marina and the Diamonds - Primadonna

And then.. ROADIE TIME! All of a sudden the stage was full of them.. and Miller set up his stuff for the panorama pic (which, bytheway, took FOREVER. I have no clue on how I will be on there.. didn’t know when my pic was taken;p) Bash was on the drums, Hoppy decided to stand on the middle of the ramp and look pretty for about 3 minutes and Matt didn’t know if he should stay or go…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=panKajGGYVk&feature=plcp]Matt McGinn - YouTube[/ame]

And then.. NO How do I know, but straight into 99 problems! I learned all the lyrics to it so I could rap along :lol: Sadly, Row filmed part of that so I hope she has mercy and doesn’t post it on here :uhoh:

Either way, that song is GREAT to get everbody pumped up and ready to go! Back to the Future came on.. and before we knew it.. MX! The moment that you see them come on stage is just the best. They’re there. After months of waiting, your favorite band is right there, in front of your nose, ready to give you and 67 999 other people ‘the best fucking concert you’ve ever had’. MX is so overwhelming.. the fireworks, the screens, the guys themselves.. you just don’t know where to look! And then I’m not even talking about the Xylobands yet!! It’s all so colorful.. almost too much to take in! Hurts like Heaven was just spectacular.. you could see that they were really up for having a great time and making this a special evening! And of course the inevitable: ‘Is there anybody out there? Is there anybody out there? Let’s goooo! I feel like we’re in Holland, I feel like we’re in The Netherlands.. is there anybody out there WOAAAH?’ :dance::dance:

Then came In My Place.. hearing Will’s drum intro to that again is one of favorite moments in the gig  Just brilliant! I decided to hold up my banner during this song, cause Chris is constantly on the ramp and I have a good chance of him noticing it. And he did. Somewhere in the beginning, he saw it, but he walked on. And then the YEAAAAAAAHS came.. We were right under a confetti cannon, so the experience was AMAZING! No words! Jon joining him on the x-stage, followed by Chris’ acrobatic tricks and Jon’s superlow last ‘yeah’.. great to see it all live again. Jon walked back to main, Chris thanked the audience in Dutch and followed him.. when he got to the point where I was, he looked at my sign again, read it and WINKED. YES. WINKED. My knees instantly turned to mush :drunk:

I had to ask Row if that REALLY happened or if I just went mental and imagined it. But nope. It happened. If somebody is reading this and has a video of that part of IMP.. pretty please post it :nice:

My banner

imag3410.jpg

‘Goedenavond, goedenavond! Het is fantastisch om hier te zijn!’ (Goodevening, goodevening. It’s fantastic to be here!) It was so cute when he said that :awesome: Straight after that they did Major Minus, my favorite MX-song. It was just magnificent. Jonny gave it everything he got, he rocked every single second of it. Magnificent!! ‘I got my right side fighting while my left hides under the chairs’ :heart:

Lovers in Japan! That song is just one big party. Extra confetti, balloons, amazing atmosphere. It’s just FUN. People singing along, dancing, enjoying.. dreaming of the Holland sun ;) I can’t really remember much of this, haha. I was too busy with taking it all in, I guess!

The Scientist came up next.. Amazing how those first piano notes can make everybody shut up :lol:

What can I say.. it was just heartbreakingly beautiful. I cried, as expected, but I wasn’t the only one there! Tell me you love me.. come back and haunt me.. It was an amazing performance of an amazing song. I’m typing this while listening to the recorded livestream.. and WOW, we were loud at the end! You can’t really hear it when you’re there.. but woah.. :awesome:

YELLOW! I screamed Coldplaying.com, but you can’t hear it on the livestream I think? But I can assure you that I tried, I have witnesses (read: people with ‘what the HELL is she doing’ looks on their faces) Yellow was just fantastic.. the piano intro is so powerful, you can’t do anything else but listen and take it all in. I LOVED that he did the ‘1,2,3… YO!’ again.. he did the same in Ahoy last December, and I everytime I hear the CD-version of Yellow I just imagine that little sentence in it :lol: Again.. Jonny kicked ass, Guy was really into it and Will gave it everything he got. Great!

Violet Hill.. favorite VLV song. I hardly remember anything from this, except the mindblowing guitar and the bass being so loud I could feel it in my chest! Fan-fucking-tastic!!!!!

And then there was God Put a Smile upon your Face, the highlight of the gig. It’s the best part, no discussion possible. Of course we got customized lyrics, and of course the place went crazy over it! ‘God gave me style, don’t ask for much’ :lol: Now let me see your hands in the whole place…. Well, we did. If we had a roof on our venue.. we’d definitely have blown it off :lol:

Will’s drumming in this deserves a shoutout.. he was going absolutely crazy! He must’ve been exhausted after it..

The next part may contain a little bit of fangirling. Scroll down to the next paragraph to avoid it :D As most of the Chris fangirls know.. he has a shirt change after GPAS. So we all kept a close eye on him during that moment, and omfg. He didn’t just change his shirt at the back, he decided to walk to the beginning of the ramp while putting his new shirt on. Paddles, anyone? :dead:

Let’s just say that you can see that he’s been working out a lot lately :wideeyed: And apparently he wants to show it off. Well hey… we’re happy to watch :charming:

X-stage time! We had spots in the middle of the ramp, so good view on the X-stage as well! Princess of China.. this song is actually pretty cool to hear live!! Especially the ‘ooooh’s sound good with almost 70 000 people  Chris was hopping up the ramp right before us, so we had something different to look at than Rihanna’s screen presence.

Right after that came Up in Flames.. not my favorite song, but I gotta admit that it was a beautiful performance. And dear lord, Chris really has a sweat-issue.. the man could’ve filled a pool with what was coming off his face! Guy’s bass was really loud in this, I think. It could’ve been Warning Sign as well though, I don’t exactly remember. Speaking of which: WOAH! Although I would’ve LOVED if they did Amsterdam.. I am absolutely thrilled that this got performed. What a heartfelt, beautiful performance.. the end where it’s just Chris and the piano is magnificent. Emotion overload :lol:

And after that, the surprise of the night! Chris sang ‘Oh oh Den Haag’, a famous (well, in The Netherlands it is:lol: ) song about the city. He actually took the time to learn the lyrics and to try to pronounce it right! He did an amazing job, and everybody LOVED it. He liked doing it as well, couldn’t stop smiling at the end of it! Everybody was very surprised and it caused laughs and excitement everywhere  (Now that I am writing this, I know that the video of it has become very popular. It’s all over Twitter and it’s even is on the website of a Dutch newschannel!)

Then it was time for Don’t let it break your heart.. I had never heard this song live before, and I had been looking forward to it. Now I know why! The energy coming off that stage was insane! The blow-up butterflies/hears/teardrops coming up throughout the field were pretty cool to see as well

I didn’t have time to collect myself after DLIBYH, it was Viva time! This is, yet again, I am repeating myself a thousand times today, a brilliant livesong. And for all the Buckin people: Jon’s got some competition.. Chris was all over Guy tonight :laugh3: I have a video of one of these moments:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDaAdtxVnIo&feature=plcp]VLV The Hague - Chris & Guy - YouTube[/ame]

Other than that, it was just a great performance. Sitting under that keyboard, interacting with fans.. clearly having fun up there! Next is a vid of the VLV ending..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LBMDQJn03A]Coldplay - Malieveld - VLV ending - YouTube[/ame]

Charlie Brown! Umpf. Freaking amazing Xylobands. That is all. And a short videoclip I made :wacky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVwDdcrJ0PI&feature=channel&list=UL]Charlie Brown - YouTube[/ame]

Paradise.. the moment when the music REALLY kicks in is just.. ahh..shivers down your spine! Great song! I mostly tried to make some decent photo’s during this song (which kinda failed, hehe), but the ending was cool! Just like Stockholm (I think..) Chris didn’t wanna finish! So then you just do the Paradise chanting again, and pretty loud :awesome:

They went off stage, up to the C-stage! We kept cheering like mad people at the front, and started clapping at one point. It was just GREAT! And then all of the sudden they popped up, somewhere behind the sound-tent-thingy. I could only see a pink shirt every now and then, the rest was hidden behind the tent. We heard the first tones of UATW, and then he made a weird ass noise right before he started, hahahaha. I never heard so many WTF’s in one moment :laugh3::laugh3: It was pretty cool tho, he looked like he had no idea what he was doing himself either :lol:

Unfortunately, no loud cheering when Will came on (like we did in Ahoy).. but instead it was dead silent, which was pretty amazing as well. It was just the two of them, nothing else. Very bizarre when there’s 68 000 people squished on a field :lol: Everytime I hear Will’s voice, I start liking it more. He really is a good singer and I’m glad they decided to put him in on this 

Speed of Soooound! Cool song.. but I do prefer the original version. Nevertheless.. they did a great job, and it was over way too fast! They disappeared again and went back to main stage.

Clocks. Those lasers! WOAH! It was madness… just so perfect! Loud cheering, amazing light show, and one of the best songs they ever wrote! I genuinely feel sorry for the Dutchies who missed this.. it was the show of the year. Finally being able to sing along the ‘YOOOOOOUUUU AAAAAAAARRREEEE’ felt SO GOOD. They just nailed this one, and Jonny did the little extra guitar thing again in the instrumental part :dazzled: THEY KICKED ASS.

Fix You. One of the first Coldplay songs I can remember really falling love with.. and I never stopped loving it ever since. Chris ‘fucked up’, which I was kinda expecting since it didn’t happen during WS or SOS :lol: I think it was after the first verse that I decided to call Kristal.. cause she loves the song so much :kiss: Chris was super energetic during the whole song.. doing all the crazy jumps and jacket twirling. At the end, where he usually gets back to the piano and starts singing again, he stayed at the X-stage and listened to US singing. On the livestream you didn’t really hear it well, cause Guy and Jon were still singing the backing vocals, but it was amazing :dazzled: And at the very, very end we got to do it one more time.. just the crowd. It’s amazing how moments like that can make you forget everything else around you.. it’s just Coldplay, the crowd, and amazing music. Overwhelmingly beautiful.

And then, sadly.. it was already time for Every Teardrop! This really is the best way to end the gig.. HOLLAND IS IN SIIIIIGHT :dance: He was running and bouncing around the stage so much that he was a little out of breath at some points.. but it didn’t matter. Magic. And of course he had the flag that he dragged along the stage, very cool  You can hurt, hurt me bad.. but still I’ll raise the flag :heart:

And the fireworks.. not enough words to describe that. It was fabulous.. I didn’t know where to look, there was SO MUCH to see! It must’ve been spectacular to see from the back.. you get the whole picture then. Wow. Amazing! I never wanted all of this to end.. I couldn’t stop cheering when they did their final bow and Chris kissed the floor. To end it with Coldplay: It was such a perfect day :heart:

Really proud that I’m able to say I was there!

sam1089q.jpg

have you seen this video from a famous beautyblogger in the netherlands?
from 3.37 she's filming the concert from her appartment!

OMG, thats realy awesome! to see it from the way.

Otherwise, what a concert yesterday. AMAZING:D

Today i wake up with a big smile:D:D

we have chosen the relax mode, about half stand. The only downside was that the atmosphere is really much less. I was just about the only one in my neighborhood that everything was singing, dancing and jumping.

only a few songs everybody go crazy like viva la vida, paradise. I've certainly entertained. And it seemed like I was in another world. Now wait another 2 weeks and then front or stage tickets in Hannover!: D

Here's my review! It is insanely long, but I just wanted to remember as much as possible. Feel free to just skim through it :lol: I included some of my videos and photos!

September 6th. FINALLY! I had been waiting 9 months for this day to come, and now it finally was there! No surprise that I hardly slept.. instead of the 5 hours that I had planned, I slept 2 :lol: Woke up at 5.15, grabbed my stuff, jumped in the car and drove to The Hague. I arrived at Malieveld at 6.40, and met the security guards that we had talked to the night before. Row, Tash and I told them we were going to be here around 7 the next morning, but I guess they didn’t really believe that because when I went over to say hi to them, one of them said: ‘Goodmorning mi… woah. You’re crazy!’ :lol: Either way, after a quick chat I walked on to the gates and found.. nobody. I was the absolute first one of 68 000 people to arrive! :awesome:

About 10 minutes later Tash and Row joined me, and another 15 minutes later Jacolien joined as well. And there we were, 4 wacko’s sitting at the gates at 7 in the morning. We got a lot of funny looks by people that were passing by to go to work, haha. But we didn’t care; the company was very nice and the weather good! We sat and chatted for a couple of hours, got some Starbucks, peeked over the gates to see the stage, watched the crewbuses get a bit lost and drive the same road about 4 times not knowing where to go, and around 11 it started to get a bit busier at our gate cause BlueNails (Imke) and LoversinJapan (Jantine) joined us. We all chatted, went to get some more coffee, got shoo-ed off the gates by cranky security guards and basically had a good time!

They started soundchecking by playing live recordings of Paradise (from Denmark), Charlie Brown, and some other song we didn’t know. I think we heard the Paradise one about 30 times in a row.. it was driving us crazy!!:lol: They set up a merch stand at the entrance, so I blew all my money and bought a European tourdate shirt & the tourbook :nice:

sam0981x.jpg

Around 2.45, the screens before the gates were removed and they started setting up for 3 PM: opening time! It felt like it took them FOREVER to do so! At our left, the VIPs were getting early entrance so they were walking to the stage in probably the slowest pace I’ve ever seen :dozey:

Anyway, everybody got ready for the bag check-up and ticketscanning. I even got the guy to check my bag beforehand, so I could immediately go to the ticket scanning people and be one of the first people to start running. It sounded like a good idea, and it could’ve worked perfectly, if those DAMN TICKET SCANNERS WOULD FUNCTION PROPERLY! They didn’t work! None of them! So we stood there, they did NOT let us through, and we saw the other 9 gates run by and take up our places. It felt like a punch in the face.. waited for so long, and because of a stupid, stupid, STUPID technical problem it had been for nothing! It took them over a minute to get replacements, and as soon as I shoved my ticket under that thing I started running like a mad person :lol:

When I got there the front row was, of course, already taken. I think I now know what a mental breakdown feels like :lol: I didn’t know what came over me, I just started crying out of frustration. I was genuinely pissed, haha. The fact that I heard 2 front row people say that they basically only really liked Clocks did NOT improve the situation ;) Imke and her mom were next to us, but obtained a front row spot because of two VIP-guys that had left their spots to go meet with friends (dumbest guys ever.. pay 140 euro extra for a ticket, get the perfect spot, and then LEAVE?!). They were very, very generous and gave us one of them so that Row and I could switch spots every now and then, and have a bit of front row  Again: thanks a million :kiss: The spots were great: halfway the ramp close to mainstage, Jonny’s side! (On the panorama pic: green shirt, yellow banner ;))

Then the loooong, long waiting began. The fatigue kicked in, feet hurt and basically all I wanted to do was sleep :lol: A lot of people around me had the same problem, and we couldn’t really sit because the security kept asking us to stand up, so the maximum amount of people could fit into the front section. Anyway.. around 7 PM Charli XCX came on! She was.. somewhat special in terms of dancing and choice of shoes :laugh3: I liked about 3 of her songs.. the rest was just not really my thing.

Then it was Marina and the Diamonds’ turn! I really really like her, so I loved the performance! She looked great, and despite of a cold she still managed to make it a great show!! Love her attitude on stage..

Charli XCX - You're the one

Marina and the Diamonds - Primadonna

And then.. ROADIE TIME! All of a sudden the stage was full of them.. and Miller set up his stuff for the panorama pic (which, bytheway, took FOREVER. I have no clue on how I will be on there.. didn’t know when my pic was taken;p) Bash was on the drums, Hoppy decided to stand on the middle of the ramp and look pretty for about 3 minutes and Matt didn’t know if he should stay or go…

And then.. NO How do I know, but straight into 99 problems! I learned all the lyrics to it so I could rap along :lol: Sadly, Row filmed part of that so I hope she has mercy and doesn’t post it on here :uhoh:

Either way, that song is GREAT to get everbody pumped up and ready to go! Back to the Future came on.. and before we knew it.. MX! The moment that you see them come on stage is just the best. They’re there. After months of waiting, your favorite band is right there, in front of your nose, ready to give you and 67 999 other people ‘the best fucking concert you’ve ever had’. MX is so overwhelming.. the fireworks, the screens, the guys themselves.. you just don’t know where to look! And then I’m not even talking about the Xylobands yet!! It’s all so colorful.. almost too much to take in! Hurts like Heaven was just spectacular.. you could see that they were really up for having a great time and making this a special evening! And of course the inevitable: ‘Is there anybody out there? Is there anybody out there? Let’s goooo! I feel like we’re in Holland, I feel like we’re in The Netherlands.. is there anybody out there WOAAAH?’ :dance::dance:

Then came In My Place.. hearing Will’s drum intro to that again is one of favorite moments in the gig  Just brilliant! I decided to hold up my banner during this song, cause Chris is constantly on the ramp and I have a good chance of him noticing it. And he did. Somewhere in the beginning, he saw it, but he walked on. And then the YEAAAAAAAHS came.. We were right under a confetti cannon, so the experience was AMAZING! No words! Jon joining him on the x-stage, followed by Chris’ acrobatic tricks and Jon’s superlow last ‘yeah’.. great to see it all live again. Jon walked back to main, Chris thanked the audience in Dutch and followed him.. when he got to the point where I was, he looked at my sign again, read it and WINKED. YES. WINKED. My knees instantly turned to mush :drunk:

I had to ask Row if that REALLY happened or if I just went mental and imagined it. But nope. It happened. If somebody is reading this and has a video of that part of IMP.. pretty please post it :nice:

My banner

imag3410.jpg

‘Goedenavond, goedenavond! Het is fantastisch om hier te zijn!’ (Goodevening, goodevening. It’s fantastic to be here!) It was so cute when he said that :awesome: Straight after that they did Major Minus, my favorite MX-song. It was just magnificent. Jonny gave it everything he got, he rocked every single second of it. Magnificent!! ‘I got my right side fighting while my left hides under the chairs’ :heart:

Lovers in Japan! That song is just one big party. Extra confetti, balloons, amazing atmosphere. It’s just FUN. People singing along, dancing, enjoying.. dreaming of the Holland sun ;) I can’t really remember much of this, haha. I was too busy with taking it all in, I guess!

The Scientist came up next.. Amazing how those first piano notes can make everybody shut up :lol:

What can I say.. it was just heartbreakingly beautiful. I cried, as expected, but I wasn’t the only one there! Tell me you love me.. come back and haunt me.. It was an amazing performance of an amazing song. I’m typing this while listening to the recorded livestream.. and WOW, we were loud at the end! You can’t really hear it when you’re there.. but woah.. :awesome:

YELLOW! I screamed Coldplaying.com, but you can’t hear it on the livestream I think? But I can assure you that I tried, I have witnesses (read: people with ‘what the HELL is she doing’ looks on their faces) Yellow was just fantastic.. the piano intro is so powerful, you can’t do anything else but listen and take it all in. I LOVED that he did the ‘1,2,3… YO!’ again.. he did the same in Ahoy last December, and I everytime I hear the CD-version of Yellow I just imagine that little sentence in it :lol: Again.. Jonny kicked ass, Guy was really into it and Will gave it everything he got. Great!

Violet Hill.. favorite VLV song. I hardly remember anything from this, except the mindblowing guitar and the bass being so loud I could feel it in my chest! Fan-fucking-tastic!!!!!

And then there was God Put a Smile upon your Face, the highlight of the gig. It’s the best part, no discussion possible. Of course we got customized lyrics, and of course the place went crazy over it! ‘God gave me style, don’t ask for much’ :lol: Now let me see your hands in the whole place…. Well, we did. If we had a roof on our venue.. we’d definitely have blown it off :lol:

Will’s drumming in this deserves a shoutout.. he was going absolutely crazy! He must’ve been exhausted after it..

The next part may contain a little bit (read: a LOT) of fangirling. Scroll down to the next paragraph to avoid it :D As most of the Chris fangirls know.. he has a shirt change after GPAS. So we all kept a close eye on him during that moment, and omfg. He didn’t just change his shirt at the back, he decided to walk to the beginning of the ramp while putting his new shirt on. Paddles, anyone? :dead:

Let’s just say that you can see that he’s been working out a lot lately :wideeyed: And apparently he wants to show it off. Well hey… we’re happy to watch :charming:

X-stage time! We had spots in the middle of the ramp, so good view on the X-stage as well! Princess of China.. this song is actually pretty cool to hear live!! Especially the ‘ooooh’s sound good with almost 70 000 people  Chris was hopping up the ramp right before us, so we had something different to look at than Rihanna’s screen presence.

Right after that came Up in Flames.. not my favorite song, but I gotta admit that it was a beautiful performance. And dear lord, Chris really has a sweat-issue.. the man could’ve filled a pool with what was coming off his face! Guy’s bass was really loud in this, I think. It could’ve been Warning Sign as well though, I don’t exactly remember. Speaking of which: WOAH! Although I would’ve LOVED if they did Amsterdam.. I am absolutely thrilled that this got performed. What a heartfelt, beautiful performance.. the end where it’s just Chris and the piano is magnificent. Emotion overload :lol:

And after that, the surprise of the night! Chris sang ‘Oh oh Den Haag’, a famous (well, in The Netherlands it is:lol: ) song about the city. He actually took the time to learn the lyrics and to try to pronounce it right! He did an amazing job, and everybody LOVED it. He liked doing it as well, couldn’t stop smiling at the end of it! Everybody was very surprised and it caused laughs and excitement everywhere  (Now that I am writing this, I know that the video of it has become very popular. It’s all over Twitter and it’s even is on the website of a Dutch newschannel!)

Then it was time for Don’t let it break your heart.. I had never heard this song live before, and I had been looking forward to it. Now I know why! The energy coming off that stage was insane! The blow-up butterflies/hears/teardrops coming up throughout the field were pretty cool to see as well

I didn’t have time to collect myself after DLIBYH, it was Viva time! This is, yet again, I am repeating myself a thousand times today, a brilliant livesong. And for all the Buckin people: Jon’s got some competition.. Chris was all over Guy tonight :laugh3: I have a video of one of these moments:

Other than that, it was just a great performance. Sitting under that keyboard, interacting with fans.. clearly having fun up there! Next is a vid of the VLV ending..

Charlie Brown! Umpf. Freaking amazing Xylobands. That is all. And a short videoclip I made :wacky:

Paradise.. the moment when the music REALLY kicks in is just.. ahh..shivers down your spine! Great song! I mostly tried to make some decent photo’s during this song (which kinda failed, hehe), but the ending was cool! Just like Stockholm (I think..) Chris didn’t wanna finish! So then you just do the Paradise chanting again, and pretty loud :awesome:

They went off stage, up to the C-stage! We kept cheering like mad people at the front, and started clapping at one point. It was just GREAT! And then all of the sudden they popped up, somewhere behind the sound-tent-thingy. I could only see a pink shirt every now and then, the rest was hidden behind the tent. We heard the first tones of UATW, and then he made a weird ass noise right before he started, hahahaha. I never heard so many WTF’s in one moment :laugh3::laugh3: It was pretty cool tho, he looked like he had no idea what he was doing himself either :lol:

Unfortunately, no loud cheering when Will came on (like we did in Ahoy).. but instead it was dead silent, which was pretty amazing as well. It was just the two of them, nothing else. Very bizarre when there’s 68 000 people squished on a field :lol: Everytime I hear Will’s voice, I start liking it more. He really is a good singer and I’m glad they decided to put him in on this 

Speed of Soooound! Cool song.. but I do prefer the original version. Nevertheless.. they did a great job, and it was over way too fast! They disappeared again and went back to main stage.

Clocks. Those lasers! WOAH! It was madness… just so perfect! Loud cheering, amazing light show, and one of the best songs they ever wrote! I genuinely feel sorry for the Dutchies who missed this.. it was the show of the year. Finally being able to sing along the ‘YOOOOOOUUUU AAAAAAAARRREEEE’ felt SO GOOD. They just nailed this one, and Jonny did the little extra guitar thing again in the instrumental part :dazzled: THEY KICKED ASS.

Fix You. One of the first Coldplay songs I can remember really falling love with.. and I never stopped loving it ever since. Chris ‘fucked up’, which I was kinda expecting since it didn’t happen during WS or SOS :lol: I think it was after the first verse that I decided to call Kristal.. cause she loves the song so much :kiss: Chris was super energetic during the whole song.. doing all the crazy jumps and jacket twirling. At the end, where he usually gets back to the piano and starts singing again, he stayed at the X-stage and listened to US singing. On the livestream you didn’t really hear it well, cause Guy and Jon were still singing the backing vocals, but it was amazing :dazzled: And at the very, very end we got to do it one more time.. just the crowd. It’s amazing how moments like that can make you forget everything else around you.. it’s just Coldplay, the crowd, and amazing music. Overwhelmingly beautiful.

And then, sadly.. it was already time for Every Teardrop! This really is the best way to end the gig.. HOLLAND IS IN SIIIIIGHT :dance: He was running and bouncing around the stage so much that he was a little out of breath at some points.. but it didn’t matter. Magic. And of course he had the flag that he dragged along the stage, very cool  You can hurt, hurt me bad.. but still I’ll raise the flag :heart:

And the fireworks.. not enough words to describe that. It was fabulous.. I didn’t know where to look, there was SO MUCH to see! It must’ve been spectacular to see from the back.. you get the whole picture then. Wow. Amazing! I never wanted all of this to end.. I couldn’t stop cheering when they did their final bow and Chris kissed the floor. To end it with Coldplay: It was such a perfect day :heart:

Really proud that I’m able to say I was there!

sam1089q.jpg

I really enjoyed that review! Great read! It's so amazing how two people can both have completely different days, routines, times of arriving at Malieveld and stand in completely different places yet still enjoy the concert so much!