✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6 Worries me

Fabodabo31

I just meant that they need to "rock" a bit more. Do more songs like GPASUYF, Violet Hill, Major Minus, etc.

:nod: I agree. More experimental riffs and more Jonny solos. I lovelovelove the heavier parts of Major Minus, HLH and Charlie Brown. MX is definitely bold and energetic but it's not rocky enough IMO. I think A Rush of Blood has the best rock tracks out of all the albums.

But I wouldn't mind a whole new album of Parachutes-esque acoustic tracks like they originally planned to do after Viva either - I also have a part of me that sort of wishes they'd go back to basics. I'm not sure I see that happening but I think they might do something a bit more stripped back and subtler next. If they make another album that is... which I'm almost absolutely certain they will. Even if it's 3/4/5 years away, I don't see them going anywhere or splitting up just yet.

LP6 will be 100% Dance Pop! That's where Coldplay is heading. Less Rock more Pop!

David Guetta, watch your back!!

Oh dear god no :uhoh: :laugh3:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if LP6 goes in the direction of HLH, it will be their best album.

if it goes in the ETIAW/DLIBYH direction, I might loose interest in Coldplay. despite the fact that i think they are good songs. They just don't have lasting appeal.

for me, HLH just has that factor that keeps it from getting old.

Johnny Buckland is the key for Success

I have a feeling that some of the songs from the whiteboard in the studio will reappear at some point, possibly for LP6. They clearly put a lot of effort into those songs before they scrapped them and in an interview a few months ago they said something about 'gathering songs like a squirrel gathers nuts' for future albums.

Clearly. So important.

In fact, if Car Kids is released, there will be no war or poverty. God will descend form the heaven and whisk away all famine, plague and mortality. We shall live forever in divine, perfected heavenly celestials.

O, Lawd lawd lawd. Why must we beg for His eternal, holy wisdom that is Car Kids?

This truly, truly is the dawn of a new age. The second coming of our virtuous, almighty lord and savior. Thank you Car Kids. Your holiness. Thank you.

I'm putting this in my signature. :lol: :P

Guest howyousawtheworld

Not worried. The album I should have been worried about was LP5/Mylo Xyloto because Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends set a standard so high that would have made LP5's life difficult to match it. And that's exactly what happened and for me it failed to live up to Viva.

What I would love from Coldplay is a less radio friendly and more cultured album. Something along the lines of influenced by old English folk music with historical imagery - like Cemeteries of London. Cemeteries is up there with Amsterdam as their best ever song. It really is so fantastic.

I'm worried that LP6 will be a lot like Mylo Xyloto, like it will have the same new tone and over-produced pop songs. I just wish that LP6 would go back to old Coldplay stuff and not continue down the Mylo Xyloto path. Does anyone agree with me?

tumblr_ltlrvebo641qj8q4jo1_500.jpg

Not worried. The album I should have been worried about was LP5/Mylo Xyloto because Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends set a standard so high that would have made LP5's life difficult to match it. And that's exactly what happened and for me it failed to live up to Viva.

What I would love from Coldplay is a less radio friendly and more cultured album. Something along the lines of influenced by old English folk music with historical imagery - like Cemeteries of London.

This. I've noticed a pattern in Coldplay's albums, actually:

Parachutes: Okay

ARoBttH: Brilliant

X&Y: Okay

Viva: Brilliant

MX: Okay

Which means that LP6 is going to be excellent :charming:

This. I've noticed a pattern in Coldplay's albums, actually:

Parachutes: Okay

ARoBttH: Brilliant

X&Y: Okay

Viva: Brilliant

MX: Okay

Which means that LP6 is going to be excellent :charming:

This. Except I'm somewhat biased towards X&Y, so I would say replace 'okay' with 'slightly less brilliant' :laugh3: :P

Coldplay have been making excellent music! :D There is not one album or song that i dislike (which really makes me love them more)! All of their music is QUALITY music.

They will continue to make amazing music. Music that is good and defines them.

MX is BRILLIANT! I think its different and cool and awesome. If they stayed in 2003 Coldplay, they would never grow and people would get bored. Plus, they never would have made Viva, X&Y and MX.

LP6 will be brilliant as well, because, well its Coldplay. They would given it love and care and it would be great!