LP6 Worries me

Fabodabo31

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's why LP6 will be good.

Parachutes: "We're a new band, we have to make a good 1st impression"

A rush of blood to the head: "The second album is the hardest, we have to work extra hard"

X&Y: "We've done this before, it will be great"

Viva la vida: "X&Y wasn't too great, we can do better"

Mylo Xyloto: "Viva la Vida was great, we can do this again."

LP6: "MX wasn't very good, we can do better"

Exactly.

Here's to hoping that Coldplay take some influences from bands like Queen for LP6 :wacky:

I love Queen, but Coldplay doing Queen...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc]NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO - YouTube[/ame]

I think that people should realize that they're going to make a less inspired album sometime.

Almost every band had at least one and I think they're going to have it too but people should not give up on them just because of a less inspired episode

the only thing that worries me if we'll even get another album.

This. Although I know Chris *always* says it'll be their last album - and we've just had (the excellent in its own way) LP5 - I'm terrified of the day Coldplay do actually eventually split and so any further albums we get I will be grateful for no matter what. Unless it's dubstep. I hate dubstep! :laugh3:

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT LP6?? They JUST started their tour!! It hasnt even been 6 months yet! If you dont like MX, then go listen to the "old" Coldplay.

They make music they like. Deal with it.

If you're a fan, you'll understand and not complain about it.

MX is GREAT! I think its full of energy and it fricking makes me happy.

All Coldplay albums are different. I have to say AROBTTH was different from Parachutes. (And i think X&Y+Viva=MX.) Please just accept it, love it.

Sorry. But i wanna be happy with what i have. MX FOREVER!!!! :D HAHA! lol

Also, basically this. MX only came out in October - it's December! We waited 3 years after Viva so I don't see LP6 coming out any time soon. I wouldn't want it right now either - what I love about Coldplay is that their albums are quality over quantity. I'd rather have 5 incredible spaced-out albums than 20 awful albums which they've just rushed, and I also want time to enjoy the MX era. Take time to appreciate it: I'll admit that I was a little uncertain about the direction MX had taken when I first heard it but now I absolutely love it! Yes, it's different, but who would want a repeat of previous albums? I love the 'old' Coldplay sound, but equally I love MX in its own way - I think the point is not to compare the albums because they are all entirely different!

The creative process isn't one that can be hurried if we want amazing music: it takes time! Also, whilst we as fans have a certain right to expect great things of a band we've given so much support to, we also have to respect the fact that they're the musicians - they'll make the music that feels right to them, not what they feel they *have* to make - something which is forced never sounds anywhere near as good as things which have come from the soul, and I truly believe that's where Coldplay's music comes from.

Anyway:

/end rant :laugh3: