✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AMEX MyloXylotour VIP Package Information

mrman78

Coldplay VIP Party Package includes:

-One reserved ticket located in the first 10 rows of the stage

-Early entry into the venue

-Exclusive pre-show reception, including food and open bar (beer & wine for fans 21 years of age and older; non-alcoholic beverages for others)

-Reserved parking pass (one pass per order)

-Specially Designed Concert Shirt (Trunk brand)

-Limited Edition Tour Lithograph

-Commemorative VIP Laminate

-Commemorative VIP Ticket

-Exclusive Coldplay Tour Gift Item

-On-site VIP host

Coldplay VIP Tour Package includes:

-One premium reserved ticket

-Early entry into the venue

-Specially Designed Concert Shirt (Trunk brand)

-Limited Edition Tour Lithograph

-Commemorative VIP Laminate

-Commemorative VIP Ticket

-Exclusive Coldplay Tour Gift Item

-On-site VIP host

PRICES VARY BY VENUE, but looks like it's in the $280 range for VIP Party and $140 range for VIP Tour... This DOES NOT INCLUDE the ticket price, so you can add another $100-$150 to those prices! :shocked2:

what's next? extra $1000 USD for meet and greet extra vip tickets?

I think they're making all the wrong decisions during this era

#1 - The "boys" are not making the decisions about ticket prices.

#2 - They're basically bringing a "stadium tour" inside to arenas in the states. The economics of producing the same type of show each night for about one-third the number of people certainly forces ticket prices to go up, as many of the production costs inside will be about the same as for the stadium shows elsewhere.

#3 - These "VIP" higher priced tickets are having prices set by the promoter, who is trying to cover the cost of the show and production in each particular venue without raising prices significantly throughout the building.

#4 - Many seats in the front sections of the floor would wind up going for $275 - $400 each anyway, on the resale market, if they were priced like the rest of the building and made available through general sale (and therefore snapped up by all the scalpers and "brokers" who usually get their hands on the prime seats near the stage). So why shouldn't the promoter price these seats for what the market is going to pay, anyway? At least this way most of them are being kept out of the hands of the resellers (because of the fact that these tickets are available only through will-call pickup on the show date), who really don't care about the band or its fans and are only looking to turn the tickets for the best seats at a profit.

#5 - You still have a right to think that the whole system sucks and not participate by NOT buying these high priced seats.

As a final comment, U2 went really elaborate with their staging for their last tour --- in stadiums --- and all the best reserved seats were still $250 each. Coldplay is going to sell these shows out so fast it'll make your head spin (I am expecting several more shows to be added to the U.S. tour such that they will probably be doing at least two, if not three, gigs in each city they've announced on this first U.S. leg) and they could easily be getting more $ such that the ticket prices would be higher throughout the whole building at each show. They're not. Let's count our blessings and be happy. They're probably the hottest band in the world right now. And if they're not right now, they will be in 2012. God bless 'em. It's good to see some nice guys having themselves a huge success.:D

#1 - The "boys" are not making the decisions about ticket prices.

#2 - They're basically bringing a "stadium tour" inside to arenas in the states. The economics of producing the same type of show each night for about one-third the number of people certainly forces ticket prices to go up, as many of the production costs inside will be about the same as for the stadium shows elsewhere.

#3 - These "VIP" higher priced tickets are having prices set by the promoter, who is trying to cover the cost of the show and production in each particular venue without raising prices significantly throughout the building.

#4 - Many seats in the front sections of the floor would wind up going for $275 - $400 each anyway, on the resale market, if they were priced like the rest of the building and made available through general sale (and therefore snapped up by all the scalpers and "brokers" who usually get their hands on the prime seats near the stage). So why shouldn't the promoter price these seats for what the market is going to pay, anyway? At least this way most of them are being kept out of the hands of the resellers (because of the fact that these tickets are available only through will-call pickup on the show date), who really don't care about the band or its fans and are only looking to turn the tickets for the best seats at a profit.

#5 - You still have a right to think that the whole system sucks and not participate by NOT buying these high priced seats.

As a final comment, U2 went really elaborate with their staging for their last tour --- in stadiums --- and all the best reserved seats were still $250 each. Coldplay is going to sell these shows out so fast it'll make your head spin (I am expecting several more shows to be added to the U.S. tour such that they will probably be doing at least two, if not three, gigs in each city they've announced on this first U.S. leg) and they could easily be getting more $ such that the ticket prices would be higher throughout the whole building at each show. They're not. Let's count our blessings and be happy. They're probably the hottest band in the world right now. And if they're not right now, they will be in 2012. God bless 'em. It's good to see some nice guys having themselves a huge success.:D

The band isn't just a bunch of puppets without opinions, just because they're not playing in stadiums doesn't mean they have to charge that much. Yeah they're big enough to attract lots of people but it doesn't mean it's ok to have 400 dollar tickets. I think that shows a lot about them and their management... talking about fair trade and helping people but charging these prices is cynical.

I paid like 70 dollars and had the best spot ever for U2, all I had to do was show up very very early. I think that if they care so much about their fans they could charge more for reserved seats but have pit tickets at a decent price, just like U2 did. And it's not like U2 shows are cheap stuff, they have big screens and lots of people involved.

The reseller thing is dumb because there will be always resellers, only this time those tickets will cost easily 600 dollars or more. There are other ways of making sure fans will get tickets, not seeling tickets for a huge amount of money. The "if you don't agree then don't buy tickets" is also dumb because with that argument only rich fans will be able to get tickets and the best experience possible during concerts.

Coldplay's management has showed that they just want to make as much money as they can, that's not a surprise.

Yeah, I was checking out the Portland tickets for VIP since I'm going to that one alone. While they are excellent seats, I just can't justify $280 for it. The 'extras' are cool and all, but ultimately not worth the extra cost to me. I'll just have my MX pop-up as my limited edition souvenir for this era! :lol:

I think I'm just going to get a cheap seat in the back upper levels facing the stage for $50 since I have awesome seats on the side of the stage in Seattle. That way, I get both perspectives without going broke and get to show off my amazing seat-getting skills to my friend going with me! :sneaky:

I really wish they would do GA in North America like they have done for the UK/European shows. Other bands do GA so I just don't get it. Nobody sits in their seats on the floor anyway, so what's the difference? Having those folding chairs just get in the way. I'm really annoyed by this, even though I did buy floor seats for 2 shows, and not so great ones at that.

280$ is not that bad compared to the 450... :veryangry2:

Seems the $280 is for lower row seats in the sections closest to the stage, and the $450 are for first 10 or so rows on the floor (plus the free drinks and some other perks that I don't really care about :\

What is interesting is that I tried two different cities and could only get from rows 5 - 10 w/ the AMEX VIP seating. Regular VIP seating goes on sale Saturday w/ regular tickets.

Although I agree that this is not good "policy" for the band, almost every act in the USA have these. Like previously mentioned, it's ticketmaster's way of covering costs. I seriously doubt Coldplay had anything to do with this.

What is interesting is that I tried two different cities and could only get from rows 5 - 10 w/ the AMEX VIP seating. Regular VIP seating goes on sale Saturday w/ regular tickets.

Although I agree that this is not good "policy" for the band, almost every act in the USA have these. Like previously mentioned, it's ticketmaster's way of covering costs. I seriously doubt Coldplay had anything to do with this.

Be careful when looking for seats on ticketmaster. I bought tickets to 2 shows in 2 cities (not even my own) on Monday, but kept checking to see if anything better came up. Ticketmaster BLOCKED my IP address for 24 hours because I had looked for tickets too many times without buying! I could access from my iPhone using 3g, but every computer (and my iPad) in my house was "Forbidden: You do not have permission to access this site from your server." WTF is that all about? This whole ticket buying thing is giving me a headache :( Muse did GA last time I saw them in an arena, why not other bands?

Be careful when looking for seats on ticketmaster. I bought tickets to 2 shows in 2 cities (not even my own) on Monday, but kept checking to see if anything better came up. Ticketmaster BLOCKED my IP address for 24 hours because I had looked for tickets too many times without buying! I could access from my iPhone using 3g, but every computer (and my iPad) in my house was "Forbidden: You do not have permission to access this site from your server." WTF is that all about? This whole ticket buying thing is giving me a headache :( Muse did GA last time I saw them in an arena, why not other bands?

It is interesting that I do not recall Coldplay ever having GA in the arenas in the U.S. They had some outdoor venue shows that had a pit during VIVA tour, which were enjoyable.

I may end up waiting for something to come up on craigslist or stubhub that's "reasonable" later on. If you look constantly, sometimes ya can find good deals on good seats.

I splurged on the VIP $280 tickets since it is the only show I can go to on this tour. I got extremely lucky and ended up with Row G in section 1. I would have bought a scalped ticket for this much (or close to it) and not gotten all of the freebies. I would never pay $450. It is too bad that shows are the way that bands really make money these days.

And I have been to a few GA shows for CP but they were summer outdoor arena shows.

What the hell is the premium reserved ticket? Is that even close to the stage?

I'm so pissed at ticketmaster that they're not doing GA.

Ticketmaster has absolutely nothing to do with the ticket prices OR anything to do with the act not having any GA section. All they control are the service charges (which are often a total ripoff in and of themselves, but that's not what you were complaining about).

GA is much more difficult to do in the states because of the liability issues. Lawyers (and the tendancy to give them business by suing anyone in sight when one feels that someone has even been looked at "in the wrong way") are far too prevalent here in the U.S., but the lawsuits are far less common in other countries and that's why you DO see general admission ticketing for shows elsewhere. The risks are much higher with GA because of the greater possibility of someone being injured.

Now, with the tour probably back for a much more extensive U.S. leg on the second go 'round, with "sheds" (amphitheatres) or even stadiums as the venues, they will probably incorporate some sort of GA section, or sections, for those outdoor shows (think "pit" in front of the stage for a few hundred and "lawn" tickets, as they've done in the past, if they play amphitheatres again). But, as others have commented, they've not done GA tickets for their U.S. arena shows in the past. So it's not surprising that they are not doing so this time around, either. And Ticketmaster has NOTHING to do with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I was lucky enough to get the V.I.P. Party Package, and it says "Exclusive Coldplay Tour Gift Item". Does anyone know what this could be? (:

The gift item is a keychain. Whoopee. FYI -- At the VIP 'Party' there is no meet and greet. :confused:

How to sell VIP tickets?

I have a VIP ticket (Row 6 from stage) I may not be able to use for Houston 6/26. Does anyone know how I can sell this since it is Will Call w/ ID and credit card used, etc.? I see them for sale on line, but not sure if this works...?