✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ, USA

Tash

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be in section 213 tonight, and I'll be wearing a black Batman shirt if anyone sees me :nice:

And I think I'm going to try to get there around 6? And hope to see some Coldplay people and beg floor tickets off of them?

So yeah! Some of you I feel like I'd recognize (creepy as that may sound, ahehe) so if I do I'll try to go over and say hi!

VIP early entry

Hey all..I will be at tonights show. My mom purchased the tickets I believe section 7 row 7... Bringing my 5 year old crazy fanatic daughter to her first concert to see her favorite band. Question is VIPwith early entry ...does thatget you access to a sound check of some sort? I dontvwant to rush in there 4 hours before coldplay goes on with my daughter just to stand around. I'm only thinking of her...however if theres a sound check or if theres a glimmering chance she'd get a picture within any of the guys we will surely stand around. Any info guys?

Hey all..I will be at tonights show. My mom purchased the tickets I believe section 7 row 7... Bringing my 5 year old crazy fanatic daughter to her first concert to see her favorite band. Question is VIPwith early entry ...does thatget you access to a sound check of some sort? I dontvwant to rush in there 4 hours before coldplay goes on with my daughter just to stand around. I'm only thinking of her...however if theres a sound check or if theres a glimmering chance she'd get a picture within any of the guys we will surely stand around. Any info guys?

What a great experience for you and your daughter though I'd SERIOUSLY think about bringing her some earplugs since it is loud and my ears were ringing afterward. You want to protect her delicate hearing. I was in section 7 row 7 for my last show-amazing seats. I'm section 5 row 7 tonight.

Anyways I had VIP tixs for one of the DC shows and arrived about 30 mins after the VIP check in time. No sound check; they are rare these days and would only happen on nite one if at all. No meet and greet either. They did have a drawing about an hour into the VIP party and a guy won a program signed by the band. Don't know if they do that for every show

Have fun,maybe I'll spot you there.

What a great experience for you and your daughter though I'd SERIOUSLY think about bringing her some earplugs since it is loud and my ears were ringing afterward. You want to protect her delicate hearing. I was in section 7 row 7 for my last show-amazing seats. I'm section 5 row 7 tonight.

Anyways I had VIP tixs for one of the DC shows and arrived about 30 mins after the VIP check in time. No sound check; they are rare these days and would only happen on nite one if at all. No meet and greet either. They did have a drawing about an hour into the VIP party and a guy won a program signed by the band. Don't know if they do that for every show

Have fun,maybe I'll spot you there.

Mostly have ear protection...they came with the tickets !

So do you think we should gone early for the possibility of winning some sort of drawing? My daughter is so excited....I swear the child has been a fan since she was born...maybe even in utero....she did attend her first coldplay concert when I was about 5 months pregnant with her....she's as big a fan as I am and we want to make it really special for her. She was been counting down the days since she received the tickets for Christmas ...so excited for the xyloband as well.

That's amazing. I'm impressed they gave you earplugs.

The VIP party was mostly some food and drink. I did meet some great folks including a nice mom and daughter who'd traveled all the way from Venezuela! The hostess was very nice too and took the time to chat with some of us. She can't get you anywhere w/meeting the band since she'll work for Izod Center and not the band directly. Maybe seek out some of the crew members instead?

As for the drawing they handed out paper tickets w/numbers and drew one. Chances depends on how many show up to the pre-show event. I don't remember the exact time but it was some time past the regular check in time. You don't need to arrive hours ahead of time and you can always ask the host/hostess when and if they'll do it so you can be around if you decide to do some wandering.

That's amazing. I'm impressed they gave you earplugs.

The VIP party was mostly some food and drink. I did meet some great folks including a nice mom and daughter who'd traveled all the way from Venezuela! The hostess was very nice too and took the time to chat with some of us. She can't get you anywhere w/meeting the band since she'll work for Izod Center and not the band directly. Maybe seek out some of the crew members instead?

As for the drawing they handed out paper tickets w/numbers and drew one. Chances depends on how many show up to the pre-show event. I don't remember the exact time but it was some time past the regular check in time. You don't need to arrive hours ahead of time and you can always ask the host/hostess when and if they'll do it so you can be around if you decide to do some wandering.

They didn't actually "give" us earplugs. The tickets were a christmas gift to my grandaughter and i bought her protective headphones. You wont miss her tonight with her big pink headphones - lol. Three generations will be rocking out to coldplay tonight!

Have a great time tonight - i know we will :o)

What's the point of the VIP package if you don't have a soundcheck/meet the band? Do you get dinner or something?

It's my thought with any of the VIP packages is that it guarantees you decent seats. No meet and greet or soundcheck. They throw in a few trinkets, keychain, tshirts, laminated souvenir ticket for a little extra. The more expensive VIP includes a reception with food and drinks.

It's my thought with any of the VIP packages is that it guarantees you decent seats. No meet and greet or soundcheck. They throw in a few trinkets, keychain, tshirts, laminated souvenir ticket for a little extra. The more expensive VIP includes a reception with food and drinks.

I hope that everyone that got the VIP package has a great time, but personally I'd rather not spend an arm and a leg on it when you can still get pretty good seats from presales or even the normal sale.

I hope that everyone that got the VIP package has a great time, but personally I'd rather not spend an arm and a leg on it when you can still get pretty good seats from presales or even the normal sale.

Well, it's really hard, as in pretty much next to impossible, to get good seats during the presale, especially in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl - as in my case. I bought the "tour package" VIP tickets, for $275 each. Face value of the tickets was $167 (which paid for the first show we went to - we got lucky, not as good as the VIP seats but decent). For our $275, we were guaranteed great seats, plus got the t-shirt ($40 at the show), the keychain, a numbered lithograph (not signed), and commemorative ticket. This was more appealing to me than having to buy tickets from the resale market, like stub hub or scalper. I'd rather be guaranteed a real ticket and not have to worry about counterfeit tickets. The more expensive VIP package guaranteed even better seats, as well as a food and open bar reception, and the other goodies that came with it.

Well, I guess whatever you feel more comfortable with. :nice:

I'm leaving soon; it's about an hour from my house to the venue.

Weather looks like it's going to rain soon, at least there's nobody queueing.

I'll be tweeting updates, my twitter username is @reichenfall

(no pictures though because I don't have a data plan ;n; )

Dan Schreibstein ‏@dschreib

I'm at IZOD Center for Coldplay, Marina and the Diamonds and Emeli Sandé (East Rutherford, NJ) w/ 286 others http://4sq.com/NU4mFq

Ardi Mendoza ‏@Ardimendoza

It's good to see my old friends in NJ again...at the Coldplay concert with @BrendanPorto

CutyLinda85 ‏@CutyLinda85

Round 2!! (@ IZOD Center for Coldplay, Marina and the Diamonds and Emeli Sandé w/ 269 others) http://4sq.com/MFOr9o

meghan ‏@bonjourmeghan

#Coldplay playing "Us Against the World" after dedicating it to @BarackObama on his birthday. What a way to celebrate! #happybirthday

Larry Webman ‏@lwebman

At their show in New Jersey tonight @coldplay dedicate "Us Against The World" to President Barak Obama on his birthday saying "we love him!"

Kelly Yambor ‏@k_yammy

OMG THAT WAS SO PERFECT! I can't hear, I can't talk and I don't care! #coldplay 