✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Xyloband starts glowing 3 days after concert

Batman

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NB Although the bands are only for use during the show (ie they do not flash without the trigger radio frequency) the inventor of the wristband Jason Regler has hinted on Twitter that there is a possibility of them being activated at home. Follow him @Jayreg1969 for updates and tell him what a genius he is!!.

from ebay ;)

Wireless networks are mostly working on 2.4GHz or 5GHz, I doubt that the Xylobands are build to "listen" to those frequencies (it wouldn't make any sense). I think that they just get activated by random data sent trough the airwaves (theres a lot of trash around us). It would be interesting to know if Xylobands with the same colours (or the same code on the back) start flashing/glowing together (which would confirm my theory).

Btw: I really had to laugh about the association to Major Minus. Thats why I just love this band :D

But it's strange.

On the arena shows around the world, at any place there are also much of rubbish in the air. Wireless Networks, mobile data network, radio and tv frequencies, and so on.

But why do the Xylobands don´t flashing on the concert during an songs who is not supported by the xylobands like Viva la Vida?

Its strange! :O

I've been sorting out the stuff I got from last weeks show in Antwerp and this is what I noticed. (I was one of the lucky ones to sort out all the bands before the show :) )

On the cardboard boxes all the bands were in, they checked which color was in and which "zone". I think zone means some sort of radio frequency?

So each color has 5 different zones.

The ones in the box I have, were white ones in zone 3. (we had to pull the white lits out to activate the bands)

I assume that when they activate a certain zone, each one of that zone lights up no matter what color it is.

First I thought that the lits just meant the color: that all blue ones has number 3.

But that's not true since I got a blue one with number 3 and one with number 4.

PC260283.jpg

PC260286.jpg

PC260284.jpg

Ohhhh my Xyloband started flashing five minutes ago!!! I was so suprised and now I see that a few other people saw the same :) Thats so great.. maybe we can find the signal! So my Xyloband was lying next to my computer with a wireless mouse, that is really strange :D

Is there a Xyloband-App for iPhone out?

Flashing up the display like the band do?

:D

No, no... Not yet at least. :(

Jason (the guys who makes the bands) tweeted he couldn't wait to bring out a new product and an app next year.