✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Xyloband starts glowing 3 days after concert

Batman

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahha how cool! Can't wait to go home and try to bring mine back to life! Thanks for the tip ;)

The clocks' batteries inside it are supposed to make it work for about 2 hours... after that we'd have to replace them, but don't know if we would be able to close it properly again

Wireless networks are mostly working on 2.4GHz or 5GHz, I doubt that the Xylobands are build to "listen" to those frequencies (it wouldn't make any sense). I think that they just get activated by random data sent trough the airwaves (theres a lot of trash around us). It would be interesting to know if Xylobands with the same colours (or the same code on the back) start flashing/glowing together (which would confirm my theory).

Btw: I really had to laugh about the association to Major Minus. Thats why I just love this band :D

More I think of it more I think it's not possible. But as you said, mostly those frequencies. Maybe that's why a small amount of people are getting some kinda interference or some shiz. I dunno anymore lol was just entertaining possibilities

I have the explaination to it all actually ._.

See, they do have the hole in the sides because there i think was a piece of paper. some of the visitors were helping the officials to activate them. the piece of paper is between the battery and one of the metal clamps to prevent contact before use (saves battery). when pulled out, a xyloband is working, however, by shorting out the contacts and the battery you will see one flash as a sign that it is fully working and not damaged. that is why they flash.

i haven't found any way to let them glow longer, except if you hook up the leds and the battery directly, so you can throw out the circuit board with the radio receiver. however i would still like the know which radio frequencies are used.... so we can make them glow again in rhythms etc.

for those who do not intend to let it blink but want to have it shine only, they can insert a switch and solder the battery to the leds. (maybe 1 resistor is needed, but guys who can solder can find that out, too^^) good thing: they have screws so you can open and close them easily

oh and btw: did you notice the codes?! what the hell? they are all different so.... weird...

Wooow thank you so much for figuring this one out! Such a simple trick, LOL! :lol:

Well my father just told me that he couldn't figure out what to do about the radiowaves, so we're back down to square one, yay :shame:

omg just tried it :dazzled:

I'm soo childish again

even my dad is even playing with it

he just opened it too see where you make contact[/color]

(laughing) I guess our fathers are kinda the same ^^ but I didn't let mine open my wristbands :lol:

Check this out ;)

My 2 Xylobands glowing again yesterday evening :wacky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ASWlxFjZgI]My COLDPLAY's Pink XYLOBAND working again =) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL_uOyBvTEU]My COLDPLAY's Blue XYLOBAND working again =) - YouTube[/ame]

HAPPY :)

Simple solutions are always good :) . I discovered how to turn on xyloband about three weeks ago but I was sure that someone wrote about this here.

Happy thnx again :D .

No problem ;)

Coldplace.eu - great ideas ! ( <trolling> )