✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

...currently most liked comment on a radiohead song on youtube

"sorry guys muse is a blatent rip off of radiohead and the only touches muse put in there music is awful such as anthemic coruses,,, dumass 'fight the system' lyrics while they themselfs are on a major label,,, etc the list coud go on pls see to my previous comment,., u are not a radiohead fan if u like them" :blank:

What utter bullshit.

Music's not black and white. Something Thom Yorke's clearly realised, even if this dick hasn't.

Guest howyousawtheworld
What utter bullshit.

Music's not black and white. Something Thom Yorke's clearly realised, even if this dick hasn't.

Those Radiohead fans scale the heights of general prickishness greater than anyone else in society. W@ankers.

Those Radiohead fans scale the heights of general prickishness greater than anyone else in society. W@ankers.

On the flipside, I'm sick of everyone thinking all Radiohead fans are that pretentious. We're a good group of people that appreciate beautiful music, and we're some of the most open-minded music fans you could meet. I know indie kids that sneer at Radiohead for being too high-brow, claim it's all shit after OK Computer, and think that we place Yorke on a pedestal and that no one else can touch him. Which is ironic, as most of them only listen to music created by guitars.

Not in the Radiohead thread, I know, but Muse fans need to know that we're not all like that. I love Radiohead, but Muse do things musically that Radiohead don't. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. The two bands are not musically exclusive.

Wait, who else in this thread said that about Radiohead fans? I know in the Coldplay sections they say that shit, but I'm pretty sure I'd have warped through their computer screen and punched them in their most sensitive areas by now for saying that in the Muse thread.

...currently most liked comment on a radiohead song on youtube

"sorry guys muse is a blatent rip off of radiohead and the only touches muse put in there music is awful such as anthemic coruses,,, dumass 'fight the system' lyrics while they themselfs are on a major label,,, etc the list coud go on pls see to my previous comment,., u are not a radiohead fan if u like them" :blank:

Just ignore those comments and continue listening to good music :)

What utter bullshit.

But there is better music, worse and really bad one, dont you agree? Radioheads output is leaps better than Muses, check acclaimed music or similar sites for universal proof. I dont see anything pretentious in saying that in situation when people mistakenly claim their similarity.

I dont want to say one word about what Muse released since BHAR and especially last 2 years, even thinking about it hurts.

But there is better music, worse and really bad one, dont you agree? Radioheads output is leaps better than Muses, check acclaimed music or similar sites for universal proof. I dont see anything pretentious in saying that in situation when people mistakenly claim their similarity.

I dont want to say one word about what Muse released since BHAR and especially last 2 years, even thinking about it hurts.

I don't believe in music that's better or worse. There's only music I like and don't like. At any rate, you can't "prove" that one artist is better than another, as that is based on opinion. You can prove that some artists are more marketable or successful than others, but being marketable and successful doesn't mean much to me. That's how I feel about it, anyway.

I don't believe in music that's better or worse.

Thats wrong on so many levels, but not suprising from fan of Muse. You would say that about any music, any movies, books etc. or just Muse gets free pass?

There are originality, creativeness, more substance vs. superficiality and falseness, approach to composing and to music in general, what you want to communicate and how, all of those are involved in music and in all of those Muse are falling miserasbly to a degree that they are one of the worst acts at the moment.

But hey if you like it...

I think violetsparks didn't say anything that is 'wrong on so many levels'. Music taste and appreciation has to do with personal opinion. There's no right or wrong in music. Even when acclaimed music sites give a positive opinion about a band's music.

and how on earth did you get to the 'Muse gets free pass'? As if she is trying to use biased arguments to come to a defense of the music of Muse, like whut did I even just type down? Anyway. How does one measure objectively a song's originality and falseness? What is that even, 'falseness' of music? How do you objectively come to a conclusion that a band is failing miserably in all those aspects? or is this subjective anyway? Is this your opinion or is this a fact of life that Muse fans are just not capable of comprehending?

Anyway, it gets 'wrong' imo when you get to a personal opinion - she said "I don't believe" - and then say it is wrong 'but not suprising from fan of Muse'. Degrading fans of Muse like that, says more about you than about Muse fans ;)

But hey, I guess that just means that we don't agree :P

But there is better music, worse and really bad one, dont you agree?

Oh wait, I think I just fed a troll. Did look at the poster's posts in the past and they are all about how much Muse sucks and their fans are retarted and about how great Radiohead is and that this is a fact though the guy never comes up with 'proof' - mentioning that there is so much proof on the web is not the same.

Oh wait, I think I just fed a troll. Did look at the poster's posts in the past and they are all about how much Muse sucks and their fans are retarted and about how great Radiohead is and that this is a fact though the guy never comes up with 'proof' - mentioning that there is so much proof on the web is not the same.

It started with attack on Radiohead fans, so I kicked back little bit, but dont worry I post like once in blue moon, I have better things to do. Its all good.

Radiohead is a great band, but it isn't irreproachable, and some of their fans are too protective about it and try to make it superior in the world of music not just by praising them to the skies but also by spitting on bands like Muse, especially Muse, which is utterly lame. This isn't to defend Muse, but you sound just like that fan that kicks in after someone makes an invidious remark about Radiohead.

It started with attack on Radiohead fans, so I kicked back little bit, but dont worry I post like once in blue moon, I have better things to do. Its all good.
You quoted someone who did not attack Radiohead fans and then offended not only her but basically all Muse fans. I wouldn't phrase that like you just did :shrug:

Personally I think kicking back works better if you do not attack the person who started the attack, but the attack itself. If they make a ridiculous claim, just show how ridiculous it is.

I am very excited to hear news about Muse’ new album. Their last album has certainly not disappointed me.

Did any of you watch the opening of the Olympics and hear Muse come by? :}

Thats wrong on so many levels, but not suprising from fan of Muse. You would say that about any music, any movies, books etc. or just Muse gets free pass?

There are originality, creativeness, more substance vs. superficiality and falseness, approach to composing and to music in general, what you want to communicate and how, all of those are involved in music and in all of those Muse are falling miserasbly to a degree that they are one of the worst acts at the moment.

But hey if you like it...

If this post was supposed to offend me, it didn't work. In fact, it just makes you look like a prick. I'm not saying you are one, but pooling people into musical stereotypes based on one post in a Muse thread isn't exactly nice.

No, I wouldn't say that about any music, movies, or books. It goes the same with anything that has a subjective taste. I don't like the "Twilight" franchise, for example, but that doesn't make it bad. There are plenty of people out there who think it's good. It simply means I don't like it.

As far as my love for Muse goes, it's more than just their music. I hold them very dear to my heart for personal reasons as well, of which I've told but a few people (including a couple of people on the forum). Yes, I'm biased in favor of them, but I'm aware of it, and I'm not ashamed. I'm proud to be a Muse fan, and people who don't like it can shove it.

As far as your post about originality and such things, that's again all subjective things, including the art of composing. For example, I'm not the biggest fan of minimalism, but there are plenty of people out there who love music by Phillip Glass and Steve Reich. I love the Baroque era, but some people think it too ornamented and that polyphony is way too busy. You're trying to put an objective view on a subjective thing. It doesn't work that way.

You quoted someone who did not attack Radiohead fans and then offended not only her but basically all Muse fans. I wouldn't phrase that like you just did :shrug:

Personally I think kicking back works better if you do not attack the person who started the attack, but the attack itself. If they make a ridiculous claim, just show how ridiculous it is.

I am very excited to hear news about Muse’ new album. Their last album has certainly not disappointed me.

Did any of you watch the opening of the Olympics and hear Muse come by? :}

It's really funny, too, given I'm also a huge Radiohead fan.

Anyway, I watched the opening ceremony. Was Muse actually there? The only Muse thing I caught was that they used MotP at one point during the show at the very beginning.

Anyway, I watched the opening ceremony. Was Muse actually there? The only Muse thing I caught was that they used MotP at one point during the show at the very beginning.

No, Matt said he was in LA I believe.

Yeah, MotP was used in that little intro video following the Thames, and also Uprising was used in the section with the dancing (idk how to describe it, there was a house in the middle and a bunch of teenagers in crazy costumes doing dances?)

Wait, where was the attack on Radiohead fans again?

Look, I'm not really into conspiracies, but the fact that user has only 20 posts in over 8 years and has posted only in this thread and just to bash Muse makes me think it's just someone's alternate account they use for shits and giggles.

No, Matt said he was in LA I believe.

Yeah, MotP was used in that little intro video following the Thames, and also Uprising was used in the section with the dancing (idk how to describe it, there was a house in the middle and a bunch of teenagers in crazy costumes doing dances?)

See, I didn't think they were. I saw at least 75% of that opening ceremony; the only parts I missed were bits of the Parade of Nations and some other stuff towards the end.

Oh yeah, the Frankie and June bit. I remember now.

Look, I'm not really into conspiracies, but the fact that user has only 20 posts in over 8 years and has posted only in this thread and just to bash Muse makes me think it's just someone's alternate account they use for shits and giggles.

Why haven't the mods done something about it, then? It's against the rules to have multiple accounts.

Why haven't the mods done something about it, then? It's against the rules to have multiple accounts.

As someone who's modded forums with a similar format to CPing before, there's usually not like a huge convenient index you can pull up of everyone who has matching IP addresses. You have to be suspicious of someone in particular and look up what their matches are.

^Yup, it's a pain to look up IPs on every forum I've modded, though I've never modded on vBulletin so I'm not sure how it is here

See, I didn't think they were. I saw at least 75% of that opening ceremony; the only parts I missed were bits of the Parade of Nations and some other stuff towards the end.

Oh yeah, the Frankie and June bit. I remember now.

ugh the parade of nations took FOREVER

but can I just express my love of Danny Boyle

because his creativity is incredible

the best part was that I saw a screening from National Theatre Live of Frankenstein the day before so I could compare it with the industrial revolution bits and fajdkls

oh and I want to give David Arnold a hug because the music was amazing

and Underworld

/going offtopic

^^ True. I didn't think about that.

^ Yeah, I really liked the show. My parents thought the dancing in the Industrial Revolution section looked really dumb. I was too busy listening to the drums and watching the buildings to care.

Did you catch the queen jumping out of the helicopter? That was brilliant. :awesome:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I thought Muse were going to perform last night (Olympic single and everything) and then it was the Arctic Monkeys. Can't complain though as Arctic Monkeys were just fine...as was Mr Bean! I thought using Map of the Problematique for the intro was awesome though. Certainly got the atmosphere even more intense. Great soundtrack throughout. Thought the drumming and the industrial revolution section was immense. Love Danny Boyle for what he did.

Guest howyousawtheworld
^ The part with Rowan Atkinson was probably my favorite part of the whole thing. :dazzled:

:laugh3:

It was probably the most bonkers opening ceremony ever!