✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

I do agree with you on this point.

But I do also see Michael's point. Coldplay has meant significantly less to me since MX-- to the point where I dismiss them a lot of the time. They disappointed me and what they did in the past is somewhat diminished because you know where they will go in the future.

I agree with this

I love the video for the song, it fits perfectly.

And also, the song has definitely been growing on me. I still wouldn't consider it one of their top twenty songs, but it's far from the bottom where it started out.

Possible The 2nd Law tracklist leaked:

2058134720.jpg

I can sort of make out:

Madness (with SINGLE written next to it)

Panic Station

Prelude

Survival

Follow Me

??? (the rest is covered up by interviewer's finger and difficult to read :lol:)

???

???

Supremacy?

???

Possible The 2nd Law tracklist leaked:

2058134720.jpg

I can sort of make out:

Madness (with SINGLE written next to it)

Panic Station

Prelude

Survival

Follow Me

??? (the rest is covered up by interviewer's finger and difficult to read :lol:)

???

???

Supremacy?

???

Pretty sure that's an "EX" to the right of her finger... Explorers?

Whenever I think of the word "madness", I think of the band Madness. :laugh3:

I called "Follow Me" being this album's obligatory cheesy ballad everyone hates in the style of GL and Invincible back when those track names were first leaked like 4 months ago, and I'm sticking with that prediction, especially given its similar placement if this track order holds true.

(on a side note, my gf was drunk in my car a few nights ago and started singing "Bliss" out the window at almost midnight and it was pretty much the funniest thing ever)

Whenever I think of the word "madness", I think of the band Madness. :laugh3:

I called "Follow Me" being this album's obligatory cheesy ballad everyone hates in the style of GL and Invincible back when those track names were first leaked like 4 months ago, and I'm sticking with that prediction, especially given its similar placement if this track order holds true.

(on a side note, my gf was drunk in my car a few nights ago and started singing "Bliss" out the window at almost midnight and it was pretty much the funniest thing ever)

Going by that logic, Survival is the United States of Eurasia of this album. More than plausible.

Going by that logic, Survival is the United States of Eurasia of this album. More than plausible.

So that means:

Uprising -> Madness

Resistance -> Panic Station

Undisclosed Desires -> I guess Prelude? :shrug:

United States of Eurasia -> Survival

Guiding Light -> Follow Me

Unnatural Selection -> ???

MK Ultra -> Explorers?

The rest is unclear...

So that means:

Uprising -> Madness

Resistance -> Panic Station

Undisclosed Desires -> I guess Prelude? :shrug:

United States of Eurasia -> Survival

Guiding Light -> Follow Me

Unnatural Selection -> ???

MK Ultra -> Explorers?

The rest is unclear...

Unless of course Prelude is part of the same track as Survival.

If they had half a brain cell between them they'd do something a little bit different to The Resistance, considering it's their least popular effort since Showbiz.

Pretty sure Prelude is separate just because Survival is currently only available to purchase without it. Just think of it like Interlude on Abso.

That and I don't want to see the equivalent to Undisclosed Desires since that song deserves to be forgotten in the deepest abyss. :P

Pretty sure Prelude is separate just because Survival is currently only available to purchase without it. Just think of it like Interlude on Abso.

That and I don't want to see the equivalent to Undisclosed Desires since that song deserves to be forgotten in the deepest abyss. :P

Live it was worse. Dear me.

Undisclosed Desires live was like Broadway intermission. Time to nap or pee, or if you're trapped on the barrier, time to take pretty photos for 4 minutes.

Sadly, it's probably popular enough to bring back next tour. Eww.

Undisclosed Desires live was like Broadway intermission. Time to nap or pee, or if you're trapped on the barrier, time to take pretty photos for 4 minutes.

Sadly, it's probably popular enough to bring back next tour. Eww.

I felt that way about Eurasia. And Guiding Light was appalling on record, and live. Unnatural Selection should've been replaced with New Born at Wembley. Resistance is U2-lite shite.

And I didn't actually mind The Resistance all that much, believe it or not.

I guess they realised how many people hated UD, so instead of making an equivalent song on T2L they decided to fill its spot with an instrumental :laugh3:

Seriously though, I really hope the album isn't just The Resistance 2.0

I guess they realised how many people hated UD, so instead of making an equivalent song on T2L they decided to fill its spot with an instrumental :laugh3:

Seriously though, I really hope the album isn't just The Resistance 2.0

Same, considering The Resistance was Muse's backcatalogue 2.0.

I felt that way about Eurasia. And Guiding Light was appalling on record, and live. Unnatural Selection should've been replaced with New Born at Wembley. Resistance is U2-lite shite.

And I didn't actually mind The Resistance all that much, believe it or not.

Hated Eurasia on record, thought it was much better live.

Guiding Light live made me consider shooting myself. Sadly, guns weren't allowed in any of the venues.

I actually loved Unnatural Selection.

Resistance was...middling. Transitioning it into Starlight was stupid as hell, though, since they're basically the same song.

Hated Eurasia on record, thought it was much better live.

Guiding Light live made me consider shooting myself. Sadly, guns weren't allowed in any of the venues.

I actually loved Unnatural Selection.

Resistance was...middling. Transitioning it into Starlight was stupid as hell, though, since they're basically the same song.

Resistance is just so MOR it might as well be a Snow Patrol song. Ooh, 1984-themed lyrics, so original.

Unnatural Selection just sounds like a poor New Born.

The final four songs on that album are my favourite final four songs since OK Computer. Uprising is good. The rest is take or leave.

EDIT: And actually, MK Ultra's good.

At least that song's just a cover.

Speaking of covers, my dad hates it when I play "Popcorn." He was in his teens when the original song came out, and he told me not too long ago that he still finds it incredibly annoying. :disappointed: