✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

I don't love it, but it's far from the worst thing they've done. Heck, it's probably the best song they've put out since 2009. (in other words, that's just a nice way of me saying "This song doesn't completely suck like Prague, Survival, and Neutron Star Collision.")

I'm glad the rest of the album isn't like this, but I much prefer this "experimentation" of original sounds rather than trying to mimic Queen for the billionth time.

I love Unsustainable! After hearing Survival I was very worried because I hated it. I never liked Neutron Star Collision either, but Unsustainable has restored my faith in Muse. Rejoice! Some of the songs on The 2nd Law sound really cool too. Can't wait to hear Supremacy, Save Me and Liquid State.

UGH THE STRING PART. :dazzled: Seriously, I could listen to the beginning for ages.

As much as they say it's influenced by dubstep, there sure isn't a whole lot of it in there. I suppose most of Muse Nation thinks that's a good thing.

Anyway, I think the "un-sus-tain-a-ble" robot bit is my least favorite part.

If there's not a badass massive robot in the live setup I am so going to be pissed.

And it struck me what 'dubstep' it sounded like... It sounds like one of the tracks off Nine Inch Nails 'Ghosts I-IV'. And that was industrial electronic metal? :dozey:

Oh and hey, this is amazing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk1Jk7pLlAU]The 2nd Law: Sit The Fuck Down - YouTube[/ame]

I listened to it a few more times and I no longer think that it's as bad as I thought and I like it more than Survival now. But still, it's just a "normal" Muse song with some random guitar drops and electronic voices. Sorry

This album keeps getting better and better for me. I listen to nearly every type of music practically, and for me, Prelude/Survival and Unsustainable are effing amazing songs. The problem that has haunted dubstep since the very beginning is that nearly every dubstep song sounds the same. Only few have broken that curse. Chase & Status and Skrillex are a few, and it seems like Muse has too, with actual instruments aswell! Prelude/Survival made the past 16 days awesome, just one of many reasons why this Olympiad is one of the best and most spectacular in history.

Looking forward to Madness and The 2nd Law, and if we're lucky, more promo singles like Unsustainable, and if we're extremely lucky, a few leaks!

I think Unsustainable will sound better when we are able to listen to it together with part 2: Isolated System. I do enjoy it on its own though (mainly the middle part with Matt's vocals :wacky:).

Am I the only person here who actually likes Survival? :cry:

The Muse message boards just crashed. What a surprise :rolleyes:

I know. Kinda expected it tbh :laugh3: Even if it was the shortened version, i can honestly say i thought they sounded bloody amazing. Matt hit those high notes and i also loved the knee slides. :cool: