✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

I am seeing them for the first time tomorrow. I will confirm or deny that report. But I haven't heard promising things either. As long as they still play "Silvia", I think I won't complain much.

I enjoy what I've heard of Spector, but even The Vaccines were doing that same thing just a year before.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, they filter out the idiots at music festivals away from the stages where real bands play. (downside being that many festivals now sell out quickly because people ONLY want to see DJ's click their iTunes all day)

Spector are very much like "indie band with guitars by numbers" type of band, a band which could have been made by a computer program as an example

Spector are very much like "indie band with guitars by numbers" type of band, a band which could have been made by a computer program as an example

Yeah, probably true. But they're still a lot of fun and quite good imo.

"He must have a massive guitar" omg

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Basically my reaction.

Wow, I didn't realise that all those interviews were leaked :o

No-one on .mu is allowed to link them or even discuss them! We're lucky we don't have such strict site rules on coldplaying :)

:stunned: Heh, I didn't even know that was a leak if I'm honest. Sorry to spoiler it for anyone if they were waiting (were we waiting?).

Yeah we're all lack over here.

As I have been off my computer for the past several days, I'm a bit behind. Excuse me while I make this massive multi-quote post.

Chris’ voice is reminiscent of Maynard James Keenan, the lead singer of Tool, at times.

OH MY SHIT. :dazzled:

I really don't know Tool all that well, but I keep meaning to check them out, and a huge reason for that is Maynard James Keenan's voice. Words cannot describe how stupidly excited I am to hear Chris now that I know this. If you thought I was a stan of Chris before...whoa. In fact, I'm nervous about T2L for the sole reason that I might instantaneously combust/implode/get pregnant upon hearing Chris' voice. :bomb:

Am I the only one here who actually really likes Undisclosed Desires? Maybe that's because The Resitance was my first Muse album...still the bass is quite something

Nope. I love it. Like you said, there's some sexy slap bass in there. Mmmmm, sexy slap bass from a sexy bassist. :dazzled: (Sorry, stanning again.)

I have to disagree with a few of these. I reckon Velociraptor! is better that West Ryder... Just because Velociraptor! is easier to get in to. I can only listen to some tracks on West Ryder when I'm in a certain mood otherwise it grates on me. Also Velociraptor translates really well live-- whereas only certain tracks of WR do.

With Humbug, it was darker and more mature. But I think that took some of the appeal off Arctic Monkeys, and it made their live shows become a little more sedate at points (when I saw them in Benicassim people stood stock still for 90% of Humbug tracks). Even though I do like Humbug, I prefer Suck It And See because it's more fun and I think the Arctic Monkeys shouldn't take themselves too seriously, just because most of the fans have been with them since their late adolescence.

Gossamer = Manners. It's really The Temper Trap albums that are the disappointing out of the 2.

Otherwise I agree with you.

But you say that, I think the quality of debut albums coming out over the last few years are the highest quality they've been for years... Suego Faults, An Awesome Wave, America Give Up, Other People's Problems, Django Django, Enjoy it While it Lasts...

While I concede that I have to be in a certain mood to listen to Kasabian in the first place, I agree with your consensus on Kasabian albums. Listening to "Velociraptor!" was easier for me to get through than WR.

I also agree with your comment about the appeal of Arctic Monkeys, simply because I myself feel that way about the two latter AM albums. I think AM's fast, rhythmic music chock full of guitar is better. I honestly got bored with SIAS when I listened to it last year. It seemed lethargic. Perhaps their later work gets better over time. I wouldn't know, though; I get too stuck on FWN to really listen to much else. (It's so good, though. :dazzled:)

T2L's release date has been pushed back to 1st October. However, the new single Madness is released 20th August.

http://muse.mu/news/article/792/1st-single-announced--new-album-release-date/

Oh, boo. :sad:

Hey, Kelly, is that Tom Hiddleston in your avatar? :dazzled:

Bon Iver s/t, Helplessness Blues, Wasting Light, Ceremonials, Wounded Rhymes, Circuital, Let England Shake, Strange Mercy, and Bloom are all arguably either the best or among the best by their respective bands. All released in the last year-and-a-half.

A lot of your examples, though, have only released two or three albums in the first place. Being a better album out of two albums isn't really saying a whole lot. (I'm not trying to detract from your point. It's just something I thought of as I was typing all this out.)

Having said that, I'll definitely vouch for "Helplessness Blues." Beautiful. :heart:

The Skrillexes and Deadmau5's of the world are taking over with their fancy iPads. Rock is still thriving but also having to double-dip a bit.

deadmau5 was popular back in the 2000s, though. Not to mention that he's heaps better than Skrillex.

That's nice to hear. I mean to listen to this album when it drops later this month.

ETA: I don't think I've ever used so many dazzled smilies in one post before.

WAT I loved Thor! :surprised: Although yes, I completely agree that Tom Hiddleston stole the show a bit as Loki. :awesome:

Oh, okay good because I've kind of been out of the loop this summer and knowing me I could easily completely miss an entire album OTL

Oh, boo. :sad:

Hey, Kelly, is that Tom Hiddleston in your avatar? :dazzled:

Indeed it is! :dazzled:

ah that reminds me, Kelly, I forgot to tell you how much I love your avatar :dazzled:

There's never enough Hiddles in the world

Is it bad that I've never heard of Spector? :uhoh:

Thanks! I agree, can never have too much Hiddles. :D

While I concede that I have to be in a certain mood to listen to Kasabian in the first place, I agree with your consensus on Kasabian albums. Listening to "Velociraptor!" was easier for me to get through than WR.

I also agree with your comment about the appeal of Arctic Monkeys, simply because I myself feel that way about the two latter AM albums. I think AM's fast, rhythmic music chock full of guitar is better. I honestly got bored with SIAS when I listened to it last year. It seemed lethargic. Perhaps their later work gets better over time. I wouldn't know, though; I get too stuck on FWN to really listen to much else. (It's so good, though. :dazzled:)

Yep, I think it is because for WR Kasabian were like 'oh hey, we're doing super srs business whilst also being out there enough that people are like 'whoaa, dems good''. At least, I reckon that's what Tom was like-- I get that vibe.

Yeah, I have to say FWN is still my favourite Arctic Monkeys album. I think part of it is the fact it came out of nowhere just as all the guitar, indie music started coming on the scene. And it has an attitude and swagger. I have to say that 'R U Mine?' is probably one of my favourite tracks of theirs though... (Although that could be because of the video, because :dazzled:)

That's nice to hear. I mean to listen to this album when it drops later this month.

ETA: I don't think I've ever used so many dazzled smilies in one post before.

I would listen to it definitely. Due out on the 13th (I have my copy on pre-order already :laugh3:). I think it will be enjoyable for you from what I know of it so far (I've heard ~8 of the album tracks live already).

ah that reminds me, Kelly, I forgot to tell you how much I love your avatar :dazzled:

There's never enough Hiddles in the world

Agree with this 100%

Is it bad that I've never heard of Spector? :uhoh:

Nope, not really. They are making more waves over here than over there. I think they had to cancel their US dates because of lack of interest :thinking: But they have done a few US festivals.

If you hadn't heard them over here then... Well, I'd wonder where you had been. NME champion them massively, they have played at pretty much every UK festival and they've just started to get Radio 1 airplay...

Oh and I sort of unintentionally stalk them. I'm seeing them on Wednesday for the 8th time :uhoh: And hey, their lead singer, Fred, knows my face now. He's recognised me at 3 shows and I've had Celestine, Chevy Thunder and Twenty-Nothing dedicated to me. And they've also said I'm the Spector superfan (I'm proud but also ashamed?)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVDilydQsSs]Spector - Chevy Thunder (VEVO Summer Six Presents) - YouTube[/ame]

I always chose this one because it shows that actually they are pretty good live... And I have fond memories and a video cameo. :awesome:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk6TgpwlbiI]Spector - Celestine - YouTube[/ame]

^ Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way? I feel the need to ask before I go listen to it.

Good way. When I heard 'MUSE DOES DUBSTEP' I envisioned some sort of hideous Skrillex-y mash up. And it's not like that.

And with the concept and vibe of the song, what they've done is really clever. It's destructive and decidedly chaotic. Like things are breaking down.

Added bonus: for it not being cheesy.

Minus points: don't think it will be played live or, if it is, it will be the walk-on/off intro. I can't see it being replicated easily on stage. It requires far too many Macbooks.

I also ordered the full deluxe boxset because it looks so pretty. And it gives you more than MX did for a lower price.

UGH THE STRING PART. :dazzled: Seriously, I could listen to the beginning for ages.

As much as they say it's influenced by dubstep, there sure isn't a whole lot of it in there. I suppose most of Muse Nation thinks that's a good thing.

Anyway, I think the "un-sus-tain-a-ble" robot bit is my least favorite part.

Good way. When I heard 'MUSE DOES DUBSTEP' I envisioned some sort of hideous Skrillex-y mash up. And it's not like that.

And with the concept and vibe of the song, what they've done is really clever. It's destructive and decidedly chaotic. Like things are breaking down.

Added bonus: for it not being cheesy.

Minus points: don't think it will be played live or, if it is, it will be the walk-on/off intro. I can't see it being replicated easily on stage. It requires far too many Macbooks.

I also ordered the full deluxe boxset because it looks so pretty. And it gives you more than MX did for a lower price.

+1. especially the first line. :P