✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Darkshines and TIRO? Damn, even if you don't like those songs, they certainly don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as those other 3 trainwrecks. :laugh3:

Prague, Guiding Light, Neutron Star Collision, Invincible, Overdue, Sober, Pink Ego Box, Undisclosed Desires

Those are the Muse tracks I flat-out hate. I was tempted to include Survival in the list, but I held off because I want to hear how it sounds live first.

I pretty much don't hate any Muse songs except the obvious ones. Guiding Light, Undisclosed Desires, Neutron Star Collision, Feeling Good etc.

There are a few that I don't really feel the love for, like Unintended and Supermassive Black Hole, but I can comfortably listen to pretty much any song except those four above.

I actually like Feeling Good, I think it's a pretty respectable cover of the song. Yeah, it's cheesy, but they didn't write it.

The only songs I don't like are Guiding Light and NSC. Some days I can't listen to songs like Sober or Overdue too though

I think Showbiz is a pretty good debut though.

I agree. Some of the songs on it are very good considering it's their first album, but it is let down by some of the more 'emo' songs, for want of a better word. (Falling Down, Overdue, I'm looking at you.)

That's precisely the reason why I'm so lax with it. It's their first one, and they were 18-19 when it was released. Matt himself said they had no idea what they were doing when they recorded it. Despite all that, it's still a solid album. Some of the songs on that album will be forever dear to me. ("Escape" comes to mind. :heart:)

Darkshines and TIRO? Damn, even if you don't like those songs, they certainly don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as those other 3 trainwrecks. :laugh3:

Prague, Guiding Light, Neutron Star Collision, Invincible, Overdue, Sober, Pink Ego Box, Undisclosed Desires

Those are the Muse tracks I flat-out hate. I was tempted to include Survival in the list, but I held off because I want to hear how it sounds live first.

It's not that they're bad, it's that they're lazy more than anything else.

I think the solo saves Invincible, and I actually like Undisclosed Desires, but if I have to sit through it live in its current form again, I'll kill myself.

I agree. Some of the songs on it are very good considering it's their first album, but it is let down by some of the more 'emo' songs, for want of a better word. (Falling Down, Overdue, I'm looking at you.)

It's an alright album, it's just not found the strengths of the band yet, and certainly not found the bombast.

Ironically to that though, I think the highlights are Falling Down and Unintended.

"Unintended" will forever be one of my favorites. :heart: I also quite like "Falling Down," oddly enough. It's more songs like "Overdue" and "Fillip" that kinda get on my nerves a little bit. (Although, admittedly, I like the last bit of "Fillip.")

As much as I like Showbiz, it tries way hard to be OK Computer. Muse hasn't had much Radiohead in them since, but that first effort's haunted them critic-wise.

Showbiz the song, though, is a top 5 for me.

"Unintended" will forever be one of my favorites. :heart: I also quite like "Falling Down," oddly enough. It's more songs like "Overdue" and "Fillip" that kinda get on my nerves a little bit. (Although, admittedly, I like the last bit of "Fillip.")

Oh yeah, Fillip is a weird one as well :confused:

For some reason I'm not that keen on songs like Unintended, Falling Down, Soldier's Poem etc. I'm not saying I don't like those songs exactly, I just prefer to hear Muse's more rocky stuff. Even songs like Starlight and Time Is Running Out I would rather listen to.

I remember when I first saw the music video for TIRO (back when I had never even heard of Muse, and I didn't become a fan until a while after that). I thought Matt sounded and looked weird, and that was literally the only thing I could concentrate on at the time. :lol: