✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Also, isn't a bit hazardous calling a song Save Me, seeing the tons of comparisions people made with Queen? I know it's just a title, but you know.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, when I saw that. You don't think they'd go so far as to cover the Queen song, do you? :uhoh:

Also, for some reason, the title "Liquid State" worries me. What kind of title is THAT? :wtf:

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, when I saw that. You don't think they'd go so far as to cover the Queen song, do you? :uhoh:

Also, for some reason, the title "Liquid State" worries me. What kind of title is THAT? :wtf:

No, I don't think they went that far because critics would destroy them.

Liquid State is a very nerdy title :nod:

No, I don't think they went that far because critics would destroy them.

Liquid State is a very nerdy title :nod:

Maybe, but they're known to take big risks like that, too. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. :nod:

I think "Liquid State" worries me for the simple fact that when I try to imagine what it might sound like, I can't come up with anything good. :bigcry:

Maybe, but they're known to take big risks like that, too. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. :nod:

I think "Liquid State" worries me for the simple fact that when I try to imagine what it might sound like, I can't come up with anything good. :bigcry:

Liquid State actually makes me think of an....... aquatic soundscape, if that gives the idea :thinking:

It reminds me of RHCP's "Wet Sand" a bit, which turned out to be one of my favourite RHCP songs. :)

^Queen have a song called Save Me? :lol:

I'd rather have an album full of dubstep shit than Survival shit. At least that dubstep shit from the album trailer sounds quite interesting.

I disagree. I'd say that Unsustainable is just bad... and not because it's dubstep, it's just not very good dubstep. Sure, it's different, but it's not good.

Survival for its bombast, bluster and sameyness, has redeemable features. Not least of which, that beautiful chord sequence.

I'm not saying song titles matter, nor am I saying my inferences as to what the songs sound like will be right. First impressions are often entirely wrong. I'm just sharing my thoughts on the matter. "Liquid State" just sounds like a bizarre song title. (Which is probably weird of me to say, given other Muse song names, but whatever.)

Ultimately, all I want is an album that sounds great. We've got a little over two months to wait it out. I'll hope for the best until then.

Song titles mean nothing, guys. I thought "Undisclosed Desires" was a cool name. I ended up hating that song.

Seriously, once you hear a song, who really gives a second thought of how its name sounds?

I think Butterflies and Hurricanes is the ultimate definition of how to title a song. The title obviously relates to the theory that the flap of a butterfly's wings can trigger off a hurricane, and that's reflected in the lyrics, but it took me longer to realise that the song begins on a single D note that evolves and unravels into a huge, octave-scaling piano solo, again a reference to the title. Clever stuff.

My favourite three titles: Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Bliss.

Least favourite: Muscle Museum, Knights of Cydonia, Exo-Politics.

Hey! I was in the park tonight to see the city's huge fireworks show, with some friends, and it was accompanied with music, and at some point they put Muse (the song was Neutron Star Collision)! :awesome: And it was the best moment of the show :nod:

:escaping2:

I think Butterflies and Hurricanes is the ultimate definition of how to title a song. The title obviously relates to the theory that the flap of a butterfly's wings can trigger off a hurricane, and that's reflected in the lyrics, but it took me longer to realise that the song begins on a single D note that evolves and unravels into a huge, octave-scaling piano solo, again a reference to the title. Clever stuff.

I'll give you that one - B&H is an exceptional title, just because it's not actually a line in the song and actually has a deeper meaning. In fact, I find the only times a song title stands out is in those cases. TOADA, Megalomania, and MK Ultra are other good examples.

Of course, not being able to hear The 2nd Law's songs yet, we have no idea what songs that rule will be applicable to yet. So I still don't see the point in speculating.

I'm searching a standing up ticket (middenplein) for Antwerpen. If you know somebody who can't eventually attend the concert or has an extra ticket, feel free to send me a PM. Thank's in advance. It's difficult to find a ticket as it was sold out in 30 minutes' time.

I also think they're great :D

And as a tie in to Coldplay:

Chris is always saying Coldplay is like the poor man's Radiohead, when in reality, I think Coldplay is more like the poor man's U2, and Muse is more like the poor man's Radiohead...

(not that I'm saying either band is a "poor man's" anything, I just wanted to make that tie in)

I also think they're great :D

And as a tie in to Coldplay:

Chris is always saying Coldplay is like the poor man's Radiohead, when in reality, I think Coldplay is more like the poor man's U2, and Muse is more like the poor man's Radiohead...

(not that I'm saying either band is a "poor man's" anything, I just wanted to make that tie in)

But why? You do realise that this is the "The World of Music" section on these forums right, ie. a place to talk about music other than Coldplay?