✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

I think the people above were not refering to the picture itself but the idea to use a picture of human brain pathways. I don't see the problem of using an image that's made by someone else. I don't think many artists make their own pictures or do you think that a graphic designer should at least have messed the picture up a bit to make it more authentic?

Also, it's not like Muse haven't used other people's pictures before. The entire lyric booklet for OoS contains images entitled "Origin of Symmetry" that were done by other people. The images aren't original, but using them in the way that Muse did is, much like the point that Wyrd is making with T2L's cover.

I'm starting to wonder if they'll perform in the Closing Ceremony?

Rumors are that they will. They're only rumors, though.

Got to listen to some of The 2nd Law today...

...it's good. It's huge. It's better than the Resistance (from what I've heard.)

How did you manage that? I mean, I know leaks are common (2DCC's "Beacon" has already leaked, apparently), but I haven't heard anything about a Muse leak. Can you maybe give us a bit more information about what you heard?

I can't really give much away at all. There was a bit of it playing in the office I'm currently at (it's a music publication), and what I've said there is what I was told by someone who has heard it all. But as I say, I really shouldn't be spilling anything. Just keep the faith in that it's actually pretty good.

By the way, the point of mentioning it's good is not for everyone to prompt questions, because I really cannot answer. I've not heard enough, I don't know which songs I heard, and I've probably forgotten in fairness. The thing to take away though, is that it is good. It's not a massive dubstep flop. Again, keep the faith.

That's not hard at all. I have yet to encounter much of anything from Muse that has made me lose faith in them. They're not perfect, of course, but they've done enough to keep me listening for over 5 years. That's all the proof I need.

Nice to see a bit of dubstep won't scare you off. My Facebook feed was jammed with "What have they done to themselves?" comments after the album trailer, like a bad plastic surgery reveal or terrible tattoo.

I'm not a fan of dubstep, but Muse have shown me before how well they utilize different genres and immerse them into their music. I'm sure they can do the same with dubstep. :nice: Even if that's not true, I believe they mentioned that T2L is a mix of a lot of different things, so I'm pretty confident that I'll find something I like.

^^You work at a music publication...? Please say it's not NME otherwise I would feel mega-guilty over all the bashing I have done :uhoh:

Anyway, I am glad what you have heard was good. It gives me some faith. You see I won't judge the album until I've heard it and the idea of dubstep and jazz ect doesn't scare me... Because experimentation isn't a bad thing-- it just becomes a bad idea when used... well, badly.

I don't have much hope though just because I have spent too much time over the last year getting excited for albums and things-- only to have disappointment after disappointment. Now I am in the mentality 'expect the worst which means you're always pleasantly surprised'.

(And side note Violet: TDCC and The Vaccines have both leaked)

Anyway, I am glad what you have heard was good. It gives me some faith. You see I won't judge the album until I've heard it and the idea of dubstep and jazz ect doesn't scare me... Because experimentation isn't a bad thing-- it just becomes a bad idea when used... well, badly.

The bolded part is spot on. It's not the conception of experimentation, so much as its execution. Also, I had already forgotten there was some jazz influence, too. That'll be interesting.

OH MAN. More temptation. I told myself I was gonna hold off on 2DCC, but now that I know both that AND The Vaccines are out, I don't think I'll make it. It's a little over a month. THE WAIT IS TOO DAMN LONG. :bomb:

If The 2nd Law leaks, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist. :P I'll definitely be buying it anyway, so.

There was also an interview with Dom earlier, he confirmed that they'll be playing the closing ceremony and only playing Survival.

I really should be more careful when I post. Sorry for throwing everything off.

If The 2nd Law leaks, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist. :P I'll definitely be buying it anyway, so.

There was also an interview with Dom earlier, he confirmed that they'll be playing the closing ceremony and only playing Survival.

Same. There's not a Muse studio album I haven't bought.

YESSSSS. :cheesy:

Also, as far as I'm concerned, Matt NEEDS to sing that high note. I will love him even more than I do now if he does. :dazzled:

Same haha

Yay! :awesome:

^ Ooh, yay! Muse in HD. :awesome: I wonder if Matt's going to try that last note in Survival.

I kind of hope not, the last note leaves the last impression and Matt's voice seems a bit wobbly with big events (like the Grammy's)

Christina, you have much more patience than I will ever have. I commend you.

:mellow:

fjdksla all this summer has been: LOTR soundtrack, Frankenstein soundtrack, Sherlock soundtracks, and Atonement soundtracks :awesome:

Well, LOTR sountrack is just soooo good! I used to listen to it a lot when Muse had their Origin of Symmetry CD out as well. That one I listened to as well back then, so somehow those are intwined for me :S Reminds me of the same period in my life. It's more than 10 years now, but both CDs have not worn off, they are still good to me :)

I think I will get a rip of this CD when it leaks :shame: but I will buy it as well, hehehe (when I have a paid job again)

Well, LOTR sountrack is just soooo good! I used to listen to it a lot when Muse had their Origin of Symmetry CD out as well. That one I listened to as well back then, so somehow those are intwined for me :S Reminds me of the same period in my life. It's more than 10 years now, but both CDs have not worn off, they are still good to me :)

I think I will get a rip of this CD when it leaks :shame: but I will buy it as well, hehehe (when I have a paid job again)

YES IT REALLY IS

Even if you just listen to the vocal + instrumental solos it's incredible, let alone the entire soundtrack fdjkals

Aw, I know what you mean! I can't listen to any of Parachutes without thinking of this one book I was reading while listening to the album on repeat. It's interesting how music can trigger memories.

^^You work at a music publication...? Please say it's not NME otherwise I would feel mega-guilty over all the bashing I have done :uhoh:

I don't have much hope though just because I have spent too much time over the last year getting excited for albums and things-- only to have disappointment after disappointment. Now I am in the mentality 'expect the worst which means you're always pleasantly surprised'.

I don't work for NME, though I am a reader/internet user :P I wouldn't take offence of anything anyone had to say about music publications. They're all redundant in the modern world - everyone's a journalist online these days.

None of them are good, none of them are relevant. I only buy them to feel part of something, I think.

Just as a point though, when was the last time any rock/indie/alternative band released an album that was as good as their last one? Or just brilliant at all? The Resistance wasn't as good as Black Holes. MX wasn't as good as Viva. Suck It And See wasn't as good as Humbug. Only Revolutions wasn't great in comparison to previous attempts, neither was Valtari, Congratulations, Gossamer, This Is Happening, The King of Limbs, Velociraptor, Contra, Build a Rocket Boys, Tonight Franz Ferdinand, Dig Out Your Soul, Skying, No Line on the Horizon, Surfing the Void...

...Music's so disappointing lately. Sure, there are exceptions. Arcade Fire and Beach House are the ones that stick out in my mind.

There's no money in music at all. I don't think Muse have released their masterpiece, and I don't think they ever will. I don't think we'll ever see a classic album again. Let's take what we can from The 2nd Law, it's not just Muse that are declining.

(Sorry this is so pessimistic, but the state of music depresses the hell out of me at the moment)