✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

^^ True. I didn't think about that.

^ Yeah, I really liked the show. My parents thought the dancing in the Industrial Revolution section looked really dumb. I was too busy listening to the drums and watching the buildings to care.

Did you catch the queen jumping out of the helicopter? That was brilliant. :awesome:

I liked it a lot fajdskl

although not as much as I liked Frankenstein, that was incredible

Do you think Muse will play at the closing ceremony? I think there's a decent chance simply because of Survival. . . speaking of which, I haven't heard that song once (I mean related to the Olympics, of course I've heard it online)

I haven't heard "Survival" on TV, either. Weird. :thinking: I thought it might've been a British thing, but then I remembered that BBC is using "First Steps" by Elbow for the Olympics, so I don't know. :shrug:

I'd love Muse to perform at the closing ceremony, but I'm not sure if they will. I've heard that Elbow will be there, though. :dazzled:

No, Matt said he was in LA I believe.

Yeah, MotP was used in that little intro video following the Thames, and also Uprising was used in the section with the dancing (idk how to describe it, there was a house in the middle and a bunch of teenagers in crazy costumes doing dances?)

Aw yeah sorry, that's what I meant with hearing Muse coming by. It was only their music, not them of course.
oh and I want to give David Arnold a hug because the music was amazing

and Underworld

OMG, I just said to the people watching with me that I hoped Underworld would come by as well and just then the tune of Born Slippy started to play and scene's from the movie Trainspotting were shown. it made me very happy. Also that they used Mike Oldfield's music. His famous Tubular Bells, but also In Dulci Jubilo (which is actually just a remake by Oldfield but originally comes from Germany :thinking:). And that the man himself was there to play the guitar! JLASDUHDKANEKJAHDKJBAKBD :D
Did you catch the queen jumping out of the helicopter? That was brilliant. :awesome:
Hahaha yeah, I loved that part too. Also that some reviews say that they believe it was actually the queen herself jumping out of the helicopter. :laugh3:

Why am I posting this in here and not the Olympics thread :(

so Muse will be performing at Battersea Power Station and it will be broadcast to cinemas around the world?

this makes me happy

interesting choice of venue as well

especially since I know what Battersea Power Station is because of A Scandal in Belgravia :awesome:

Basically, it represents the pathways (the white matter) through which information go to and from the cerebral cortex (the grey matter). It's called corona radiata in latin. I can't say what's the neuroimaging method used to interpret it that way, though.

I like it, even though it's colorful it still looks very "museish", it fits their sci-fi theme. And The Resistance was quite colorful too...

^Agree :nod:

i really like it , it's really colorful and original

I think the people above were not refering to the picture itself but the idea to use a picture of human brain pathways. I don't see the problem of using an image that's made by someone else. I don't think many artists make their own pictures or do you think that a graphic designer should at least have messed the picture up a bit to make it more authentic?

I really like the idea of this image being the cover of the album :}

I find it a little cheesy tbh.

I always find anything to do with neuroscience cheesy though. Just because somehow they think pretty colours makes learning about the brain fun!!

Which imho, it's not. Neuroscience is wibbly wobbly science at best. When I did it as a module I'm pretty sure everything was tacked with a 'we theorise, we don't know for sure'.