✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

I'd say that's partly due to them being here recently (last December, and I was there too :D ) and partly due to excessive prices. €65 for upper tier seats is ridiculously overpriced, and it kept me off buying tickets for quite a while. It wasn't until they started an action with tickets for less than half price I decided to go...

Supply and demand.

They had the supply, but no demand due to high prices.

I was looking at the face value of some of my early shows from 05/06 time, and its amazing how expensive gigs have got.

£30 for cold play and oasis, £20 for doves.

Coventry gig tonight! I'm gonna have to steer clear of this thread to avoid spoilers... I still have 10 days until my concert!

Also, has anyone seen this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sObfVQoD9wM]Z - YouTube[/ame]

:wtf: What could it mean?

It has to do something with this movie, it's exactly the same Z:

MV5BMTQ1NTcwNDQwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDAzNzkyOQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Oh yeah, I get that it has something to do with World War Z, but what has it got to do with it? I think maybe they have written a song for the movie?

OMG last night I saw Muse and it was f***ing fantastic.

Ill do a review, but I'm putting a spoiler for those who want the surprise... Lets just say there were quite a few surprises :heart:

The Ricoh Arena, Coventry

May 22, 2013

I arrived at the Ricoh at approximately 4:10, I purchased a Tshirt with the tour dates on the back and a wristband (tshirt -£20, wristband -£3). Me and my friend had a look around to see what entrance we wanted to go in (XX ticket- general admission, any entrance, standing/pitch or unreserved seating) and then found one where the line wasn't too long. At about 5-ish the gates opened and we went in...

I was looking around with a face looking like this: :wacky: and my friend was like :o . We didn't know where we should stand, so I decided near the middle stage on the left, we were on the third line from the very front :D!!

Bastille

They were very good, but of course none of us Musers knew any of their songs other than Pompeii, still very good though.

Dizzee Rascal

Now... If I'm honest I was dreading listening to him, but surprisingly I enjoyed his time on stage more than Bastille's. He did what he was there to do, get the crowd warmed up and ready to go. He played his hits and some new stuff, but everyone (except this girl behind me who hated the world) was lively and jumping about and singing along.

Muse

So I was counting down to 8:30... I was literally shaking out of excitement!! I made some friends, there was a girl who was there with her mum, me and my friend had a chat with her, she had an exam the next day (today) too, a fella who was next to me, I gave him a glow stick (yes I took glow sticks and what :| ) and his girlfriend too then we talked about Dizzee Rascal... But anyway....

OMG the moment Muse walked on stage my heart stopped for a moment and from then on I felt like my heart was the drum pounding away to the songs!! I loved every second of it!! They started with Supremacy and W O W, it was fantastic, the crowd really got going for that, listening to everyone get their voice at their highest and singing SUUUUUPPPRRREEEEMMAAACCCCYYY was brilliant!!

They played quite a few old songs which I loved!!! However there was a lot of people who were there because of The 2nd Law and I think they were unfamiliar with the older songs but oh well :).

My favourite song that they played was Knights of Cydonia. It was absolutely positively fan bloody tastic. It was the best part of the night for me. I thought that was the song that the crowd responded best too as well, everyone singing along to the opening LA LA LAAAAAAA LALALALAAAA!!!

The visuals were great!! So different to what I expected, during Blackout there was a giant lightbulb with an acrobat coming out the bottom which traveled around the stadium!! That was brilliant!!

The confetti cannons exploded and it wasn't your typical confetti... Oh no.... It was MONEY with MUSE on it! How cool it that? It was awesome every one was going crazy to get some, I managed to get 5 pieces (I've tweeted the picture if you want to see it :) @m0lly42 ).

I'm sure you've all heard that 'Muse set the Ricoh on fire'? Well the fire was brilliant and so were the smoke machines, really just made the show that bit more adrenaline filling!

The giant robot was great!! Fire coming out of his ears!! Big flashing red eyes, he travelled around the stage!! It was great!!

Matt Bellamy was running around the stadium high fiving and shaking hands of those at the front before saying something along the lines of 'Shit this place is BIG' :P, there were a couple of people in front of me so I didn't get to shake his hand but still I was like 4ft away from MATT BELLAMY!! The only downside to this part was that these girls had a go at me: so there are thousands of people surging forward to try and get an inch closer to Matt so I get pushed into these snobby girls and they're like "WE CAN'T GET NO CLOSER AND YOU CAN'T REACH HIM SO STOP PUSHING" so I was like aw hell nooo :P, I said "well actually don't you think that the thousand people behind me wanna see him too, i can not help being pushed into you, its a concert so y'know" then I kind of get them a bitchy look and continued screaming and whooing. :D

Muse hired actors do some bits on stage there was a business looking woman and a man wearing a suit who did a few bits of stage. They ended up in coffins.

The whole show was filmed and the camera came up close to the audience a lot, and they did point at where I was standing loads so I continued rocking :guitarist: and singing and did the occasion wave and Whoo at the camera :P.

I even got on the big centre screen for like 5 seconds, there were about 20 other people too but I was like :omgomg: :lol:.

Muse were absolutely fantastic. I didn't know what to expect because I think Matts vocals are absolutely great on the albums so I thought that he probably wouldn't be as good live but I honestly thought he was even better. Doms drumming was spectacular, he really set everything off in my opinion. And of course Chris was fantastic too!!

When it came to an end I was so pumped and excited. I couldn't believe what I had been waiting 7 months for was over in just over 2 hours, they played until about 10:50ish. It was totally worth it. One of the greatest things I have ever seen.

To any Muse fans who haven't yet been to a concert, try and go to one.

Now my voice is croaky from the singing and whooing, my hands are sore from clapping and my feet are still dead from jumping for 4 hours.

P.S. I had 2 exams today, one was at 9:00 and one was at 1:30. Muse motivated me so I hope I've done alright!!

Matt Bellamy was running around the stadium high fiving and shaking hands of those at the front before saying something along the lines of 'Shit this place is BIG' :P, there were a couple of people in front of me so I didn't get to shake his hand but still I was like 4ft away from MATT BELLAMY!! The only downside to this part was that these girls had a go at me: so there are thousands of people surging forward to try and get an inch closer to Matt so I get pushed into these snobby girls and they're like "WE CAN'T GET NO CLOSER AND YOU CAN'T REACH HIM SO STOP PUSHING" so I was like aw hell nooo :P, I said "well actually don't you think that the thousand people behind me wanna see him too, i can not help being pushed into you, its a concert so y'know" then I kind of get them a bitchy look and continued screaming and whooing. :D

This is why I fucking hate Undisclosed Desires, even more than I did last tour. It's a bunch of little girls who've just had their first period in their life trying to push forward and squeeze Matt like he's a member of One Direction. And for the 99.5% of the crowd not near the rail, it's a 4-minute pee break.

Anyway, glad you had a good time. Very jealous of Blackout and Dead Star!

Hey kidddys ;D

I covered Panic Station. Thought I would post it here. Tell me what ya thinkkkkkkkkkkk :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2brgJniL8]Muse - "Panic Station" Acoustic Guitar Cover (Full Band with Vocals) - YouTube[/ame]

Hey kidddys ;D

I covered Panic Station. Thought I would post it here. Tell me what ya thinkkkkkkkkkkk :)

usually i hate covers but WOW THAT WAS REALLY REALLY GREAT

(especially ~4:00 :wink3:)

nah but really that was so lovely, I liked your interpretation of it a lot :heart:

You're going to have an amazing time!! Are standing or seated?

I was standing on a lovely sunny day, right hand side of the runway.

What a amazing show, tubes out was hard due to football traffic (both Wembley and Dormand (Leicester) square ), and the train from Waterloo was pretty much full.

Great night, now to head to Bedfordshire

Dizzie was OK, would have been better if he didn't play new tracks.

Pictures and proper review later :-)

usually i hate covers but WOW THAT WAS REALLY REALLY GREAT

(especially ~4:00 :wink3:)

nah but really that was so lovely, I liked your interpretation of it a lot :heart:

Whoa thanks so much! It means a lot. ;) :D:dazzled::dazzled::dazzled::dazzled:

edit: Wow I just realized since I'm on a Coldplay forum now I stole the "Oooooooh Ooo Ooo Oooooh"'s from Charlie Brown from 3:45 - 3:51. How about that :p

It was a good test for my new camera, things I learned:

The switch to change the settings is way to easy to change when in pocket, up it comes turn it on and it's in some random mode. Takes too long to switch back to "smart" mode.

Focus is rather good, although at max zoomage it can take a second or two to focus on what I want it to, rather than some other object. Anyhow as a preview for the picture upload to Picasa (75 pictures), here is a select few

Review of sorts:

10 years, my 100th music show!

German football fans are awesome, I had a walk from Leicester Square to Oxford Street and that area was full of yellows and reds, anyway I got to the stadium around 4:45 and basically stood to one side for half an hour to allow the queues to go though the doors, I had a nice spot watching the trains, I'm guessing from Kings Cross (geek!). Good news is that they were allowing drinks in plastic bottles :)

Anyway, I got in and got to a good position, right hand side of the stage, had a seat waiting for Basille. They were good, a bit nervous but rather good. Sorry but Dizzie was rubbish, what on earth did he decide to play new songs from an unreleased album, how was the audience meant to response? He tried his best but wasn't a Jay-Z. Now the main event.

Lovely bangs (I wonder what on earth the pilots of the planes circling heathrow would think if they got "attacked" by a flame), lovely visual display. I had a good view of the stage, but not of the runway, so had to use the tv screens. Anyways they played some songs, some new, some old, some excellent, some ok.

And apart from getting lost heading from Holloway road to Calorian road underground (map is misleading as it ends into a fenced off housing estate), managed to sneak onto the first train and got back to waterloo, where I managed to get something to eat from burger king before getting a seat on the 23:35 southampton bound train which was absolutely packed.

Anyhow very good show, if they had a decent support instead of Dizzie I would put it into my top 3.

It was a good test for my new camera, things I learned:

The switch to change the settings is way to easy to change when in pocket, up it comes turn it on and it's in some random mode. Takes too long to switch back to "smart" mode.

Happens to me all the time with my Panasonic since the dial is on top, which sometimes causes my flash to accidentally go off (followed by me profusely apologizing to everyone around me). It really sucks when it's too dark for me to see what setting to switch back to. I'm aiming to get a Canon by year's end, so hopefully I'll run into that problem less.

Wow Sunday was so good! Butterflies and Hurricanes was just asjfhdskfjaslkl, was not expecting them to play that at all. It's one of my all time favourite songs so makes up for lack of Dead Star. Blackout was incredible to hear too.

Also, got free tickets to see them on Sunday for the World War Z premiere show they're doing. :awesome:

I recall Matt saying on Twitter that they wanted a change of pace since they did Wembley twice already.

Also seems like ticket sales are down from last tour in Europe too, not just North America. Are that many Twilight girls over their little phase or are Muse perhaps overdoing their touring?