✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

At least the overground was working ;)

Gets chaotic if that doesn't work (like it did for Coldplay last year).

Ticket sales are down probably down to the overall economy, people have less disposable income and to spend at least £100+ for 2 people to have a night out is probably money they can't afford to spend.

(Besides, does anybody like my drum?)

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooo o oooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooooooooooo ooooooo

good.

I will post a full account later on but right now im bloody exhausted.

According to a French journalist, Johnny Hallyday (France's biggest and oldest rockstar) is going to release an album of duets and collaborations and Muse will feature in it.

This is incredible and hilarious and I hope this will actually happen.

edit: By the way here's Johnny Hallyday now:

johnny-hallyday.jpg

To be fair, he actually did look great in the early 60s, when he started his career

If you're curious: his most famous songs include "Gabrielle", "L'envie", "Que je t'aime", "Allumer le feu". When he started his career, the trend in France was to cover and release remakes of famous American or British songs. For instance his song "Les portes du penitencier" is actually The House of the rising sun:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

^Wow that guy is old and weird looking :lol:

Anyway, I have recovered sufficiently to post about the gig.

Long-winded review type thing:

I can't say I was a fan of Bastille opening, they seemed to play the same song about 6 times :laugh3: I'm not keen on Dizzee Rascal either, but at least he got the crowd going and had a lot better stage presence than the guy from Bastille. I don't think I've ever heard an artist swear so much in one concert though :stunned:

Muse seemed to take absolutely ages to come on, they had music playing over the speakers and every time one song ended people started cheering, only to start groaning when another song started. Eventually the familiar Unsustainable reporter started going on about energy and stuff and the gig finally started. When we entered the stadium I had been slightly underwhelmed by the stage, but when gig started I saw how impressive it really was. The whole stadium was transformed into some kind of hellish power plant, with a huge machine spinning and spewing out fire. I was expecting them to start with Unsustainable so I was thrown off guard by the slightly different intro. Instead of the bass drop there was a huge explosion of fire in the middle of the stadium. I was right next to the b-stage so it felt like my eyebrows were being singed! By the time I had recovered from that I realised Muse were already on stage and were halfway through the Supremacy intro! I wasn't prepared for the live visuals for Panic Station, which apparently involved various CGI world leaders dancing, and some frogs playing trumpets :laugh3:

There were many other humorous (if unnecessary) gimmicks throughout the concert, for example during Animals they had a banker walking down the runway throwing out fake money to the audience, before collapsing in a shower of confetti and money on the b-stage. Similarly, there was a businesswoman during Feeling Good who drowned herself in petrol from a petrol pump on the b-stage which gradually rose during the song. :stunned: Matt later went underneath the stage and sang to their entombed 'corpses' during Undisclosed Desires. The most surprising thing was the giant robot that walked around the stage during Unsustainable towards the end of the set! I had honestly thought that Matt was joking when he said he was looking for a giant robot on ebay.

It turned out I was in a great spot, as there were many hardcore Musers around me who went crazy during all the good songs, whilst not getting too rough. Several people in front had signs requesting Dead Star and Muscle Museum, and when Matt walked to the b-stage to play USOE (which was epic!) he acknowledged them, and I took his response to mean we weren't in luck that night. I had lost hope in Dead Star appearing by that point, so it was a huge surprise when the lights turned green and they started playing it. Easily one of the best songs of the night, if not THE best. I was also extremely pleased when the roulette landed on Stockholm, as I had been hoping and praying to experience this beast live.

The best parts of the concert were all in the first half, as after Stockholm things took a turn for the worse. The band moved down to the b-stage and played a very mellow rendition of Unintended, with just Matt singing and Chris on guitar followed by Blackout, with an acrobat hanging from a lightbulb-shaped balloon. This provided a very beautiful sight, especially with the whole stadium waving their phones/lighters in the air, but I think they could have skipped Unintended as two slow songs in a row was a bit too much. I would have been very happy with just Blackout on its own. Then things got REAL bad, because just as I was on a high after hearing Blackout live, they sent me crashing back down with the awful combo of Guiding Light and Undisclosed Desires. I don't even need to say that Guiding Light is possibly Muse's worst song, and should have never been played live on the Resistance tour, let alone this one. Unisclosed just almost bored me to death, I spent most of the song bent over trying to find Muse money on the floor :lol:

The majority of the setlist was fairly decent, but I can't begin to understand why Matt decided it was a good idea to close with Starlight. They had the perfect closer, with Survival, but apparently a huge epic OTT climax isn't the right ending for such a bombastic and extravagant show. Nope, what they apparently needed was a huge anti-climax with Matt not even playing an instrument during the final song. :wtf: I will never understand Matt's logic.

Anyway, apart from the bizarre song choices towards the end, the concert was incredible. Visually stunning, awe-inspiring stage, with badass pyrotechnics and lights and shit. Some decent interaction with the audience (albeit mainly during the crap songs) and the band seemed to really enjoy themselves and put everything into the performance. I left feeling satisfied, and I was definitely pleased to have had that as my first Muse gig. I even managed to get a free souvenir: Chris' water bottle which he threw at the end of Blackout! :dazzled: I'm usually the worst catch ever, but somehow I managed to grab it out of the air without even trying! :laugh3:

Shorter summary:

Highlights:

Bliss was a nice surprise, the crowd absolutely loved it and they should definitely play it more.

Stockholm in the roulette instead of New Born. Would have been happy with either but SS is definitely my favourite.

DEAD STAR!!!! Need I say more.

Blackout was lovely.

All the regulars were performed very well, with the crowd going mental during SMBH, Knights, TIRO, PIB and Uprising.

No Explorers (yay!) I'll take Feeling Good over that any day.

Animals appears to be a staple now, I was very worried it would disappear after they started dropping it in the US.

Lowlights:

Guiding Light. WHY. JUST WHY.

Undisclosed. WHY. JUST WHY.

CLOSING WITH STARLIGHT!!?!!?!?! :sick:

I would have absolutely loved Sunburn, but I guess you can't have everything. USOE was a fair replacement though.

Overall the positives outweigh the negatives, and I would give the gig a 9/10. It would be a 10 if the second half of the setlist wasn't so dumb.

Muse was SO FREAKING AWESOME :D :D :D

Bastille was a great support act, I only knew them from Pompeii, but I can't wait to see them again soon!

Almost fell asleep during Biffy Clyro, what a boring, arrogant and overhyped band. They think they're rock gods while sounding like shit.

And them Muse arrived. In a far from sold out stadium (2nd ring in the stadium was as good as empty) they played a brilliant show. A big fireball popped out the stage during the first song, and then this was 'only' a small fire ball, because the roof was closed.

It was the first time for me that I had seating tickets during a concert. Last December I stood front row during the Muse concert in Amsterdam, but now I was looking from the side.

During Panic Station a world map is shown as a dance floor, danced by cartoon versions of various world leaders, including Putin, Obama and Merkel. Also an animated Mark Rutte (dutch prime-minister) dances merrily along on the track.

Matt's guitar broke, and then he threw it in the air twice cause he was annoyed :D

The setlist was really amazing, with Bliss, Sunburn, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Guiding Light and many more (total 26 songs!)

Muse proved that they deserved the price for best live-act.

p1030178d.jpg

Whaaaaat?! Biffy are great! :phu: :P

haha, anyway, glad you had a great time!

They were fantastic at the Emirates and at Horse Guards Parade on Sunday. Was on the barrier near the runway at Horse Guards Parade, so Matt was like feet away from me. :awesome:

I recorded Follow Me:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-O9_wJqGfg]Muse - Follow Me live at Horse Guards Parade - YouTube[/ame]

They were fantastic at the Emirates and at Horse Guards Parade on Sunday. Was on the barrier near the runway at Horse Guards Parade, so Matt was like feet away from me. :awesome:

Wow, what a great location for a Muse gig! I know the feeling, I stood front row at their concert in Amsterdam last December! Matt is so short! :laugh3:

Muse was freaking awesome indeed:D I was right in the middle of the crazy crowd really amazing!!:D The only thing missing was Hysteria :O

Dude, you got Bliss, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Sunburn! Who cares about missing Hysteria? :P

Muse was SO FREAKING AWESOME :D :D :D

Bastille was a great support act, I only knew them from Pompeii, but I can't wait to see them again soon!

Almost fell asleep during Biffy Clyro, what a boring, arrogant and overhyped band. They think they're rock gods while sounding like shit.

And them Muse arrived. In a far from sold out stadium (2nd ring in the stadium was as good as empty) they played a brilliant show. A big fireball popped out the stage during the first song, and then this was 'only' a small fire ball, because the roof was closed.

It was the first time for me that I had seating tickets during a concert. Last December I stood front row during the Muse concert in Amsterdam, but now I was looking from the side.

During Panic Station a world map is shown as a dance floor, danced by cartoon versions of various world leaders, including Putin, Obama and Merkel. Also an animated Mark Rutte (dutch prime-minister) dances merrily along on the track.

Matt threw his guitar so high in the air after Uprising that his guitar broke. Lawl.

The setlist was really amazing, with Bliss, Sunburn, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Guiding Light and many more (total 26 songs!)

Muse proved that they deserved the price for best live-act.

p1030178d.jpg

Nice overview, except for one little thing: Matt's guitar broke, and THEN he threw it in the air twice cause he was annoyed :lol:

Either way, they were MINDBLOWING. One of the best shows I've ever seen!

Dude, you got Bliss, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Sunburn! Who cares about missing Hysteria? :P

I guess if depends if it's their first show or not. I personally don't care since I've heard it a billion times. But I know if I didn't get Hysteria at my first show, I'd be annoyed as hell. :P

• 1 month later...

I tracked a post down on tumblr, and if anyone's interested you can download the visuals (+ song, obviously) for Darkshines from Reading/Leeds here.

They're really awesome, I'm not sure if it's a replica of Kirk's actual graphics or if someone got their hands on the ones used, but either way it's really cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so Muse apparently just played Agitated and Yes Please in Helsinki. Not the riffs, the songs. :wtf:

Several people from the gig have confirmed it, but I'm struggling to believe that they played two b-sides they haven't played in over a decade.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm just gonna leave this here...

BRi8I4fCYAAA6Gj.jpg

UGH THIS SETLIST. WHAT IS THIS :bigcry:

Matt gave his black Manson to a fan

I want to cry

At least it'll live on, unlike the Glitterati. I still mourn the loss of that guitar... :'(

3i4u.jpg

Please don't let this be a joke!

Their 20th anniversary actually isn't that far off, now that I think about it...

• 4 weeks later...

In Nashville last night:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_P9upuowUM]Muse - Unnatural Selection + Agitated + Freedom outro - Nashville, TN 06/09/13 - YouTube[/ame]

:stunned:

They also got Neutron Star Collision though :laugh3: