✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Coldplay are one of the most interactive bands I've seen. I watched them in the pouring rain at the Emirates and Chris kept apologising for it, thanking us for going anyway, and even sung Singin' In the Rain before Don't Let It Break Your Heart. It was really nice that he actually cared, and it whenever I've seen them, I've always felt like they're performing to me and me alone.

Admittedly, I have not seen Coldplay in years, so maybe they've improved too. When I saw them back then, it was mostly lame jokes by Chris that fell really flat with the audience.

How many concerts have you been to?

Not a whole lot! Tons of Vancouver bands , but only 4 arena gigs. But, my boyfriend, who has been to a whole heck of a lot more concerts than me, said it was one of the best he's been to!

And I just really really like Muse :wacky:

is there anybody going to their sunday emirates gig :D ? i havent been to wembley before how many hours should i go before to be the first row ?? or where is the best place to wait ? :P

If you head for wembley you will be in the wrong place and mixed up with footie fans :P

----------

Support is from Dizzie Rascal...

...Anybody know a good pub arond the Emirates so I can sit and avoid him?

I enjoyed by this today.

Matthew's blonde hair surprises me. Does he have more different color hair? I'm attracted by his canine actually. It looks sharp. :P

I think back in the Showbiz and OOS days he used to dye his hair different colours such as blue, red and blonde, but since 2003 he's kept it black.

Err hey, this may be the only time I'll ever come into this thread but I've been wondering about Muse and the book 1984 if any of you have read that book. I know The Resistance has mixed results on here but hear me out I guess? I'm looking at the Muse forum and they think there are several references to the book from the song. So what are your thoughts on it?

Sooo.... the Sheperds Bush Empire setlist:

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Dead Star

Animals

Follow Me

Knights of Cydonia

Monty Jam

Explorers

Sunburn

United States of Eurasia

Save Me

Madness

Plug In Baby

Time Is Running Out

Uprising

Starlight

Survival

Wow.

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Dead Star

Animals

Follow Me

Knights of Cydonia

Monty Jam

Explorers

Sunburn

United States of Eurasia

Save Me

Madness

Plug In Baby

Time Is Running Out

Uprising

Starlight

Survival

Wow.

It was amazing!

Err hey, this may be the only time I'll ever come into this thread but I've been wondering about Muse and the book 1984 if any of you have read that book. I know The Resistance has mixed results on here but hear me out I guess? I'm looking at the Muse forum and they think there are several references to the book from the song. So what are your thoughts on it?

To put it simply, yes, The Resistance was greatly influenced by 1984. Matt has said in several interviews that that is the case, and you can really hear the similarities in Uprising, Resistance, and United States of Eurasia lyric-wise.

Also, I'm completely disappointed, I was going to watch the stream of the gig tonight but I got the flu and I slept all afternoon. :sad:

I hope that everyone that went had a great time!

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Dead Star

Animals

Follow Me

Knights of Cydonia

Monty Jam

Explorers

Sunburn

United States of Eurasia

Save Me

Madness

Plug In Baby

Time Is Running Out

Uprising

Starlight

Survival

Wow.

OOOH, Kelly went to that last night! I can't wait for her to drop by and tell us how it was from a live standpoint.

Actually, I'm reading that book right now and trust me, so many songs from The Resistance make so much sense now that I'm reading it.

wait I didn't even realize that last night dEAD STAR WHAT

Yup. They were apparently asked by a fan in the queue outside to play Dead Star or Fury, and they said they would try. Also I think on twitter they got lots of requests to play Dead Star so they decided to give it a go. It looked absolutely amazing! Should be a regular for sure.