✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

LAST NIGHT WAS INSANE OMFG

I was 2nd row directly in line with Chris and I managed to catch a plectrum that he threw into the crowd :awesome:

but DEAD STAR FUCKINGJHGSKDJKL that was unbelievable. And Muse seemed to be so relaxed and enjoyed being so close to the crowd, it was great.

Probably the best gig I've been to. As amazing as the big stadium/arena shows are, you can't beat these small intimate shows, they're just something special.

I also met Dom and saw Matt (he waved and smiled and came over to speak with everyone but I couldn't get close enough to get a picture with him creys)

and yeah, when we saw them, everyone was shouting at them to play Dead Star and they just laughed but then we heard it being sound checked.

A tweet from Muse

Missed the live stream from Shepherd's Bush Empire last night? Don't worry you can watch the footage here http://youtu.be/-eh8a0v7xpI . Enjoy!

Muse Live at O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire | War Child 20th Anniversary

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eh8a0v7xpI]Muse Live at O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire | War Child 20th Anniversary - YouTube[/ame]

vote Muse (I don't know when does it close.

http://britawardsvote.com/

Does anyone tell me when does it start? Thanks. :)

You failed to mention the most important part of the live performance: the performance itself. Having heard recordings of both bands live, I hold firm to my belief that Muse are infinitely better live and, ergo, should win live act awards over Coldplay.

Yes, Muse used to that kind of award. They've won 11 of them. They've had even more nominations in that category. They keep getting nominations and wins because they ARE a solid live band.

(Also, I don't see your point about live DVDs and confetti, as Muse have done that before as well.)

I've seen both live and they were very different: Muse was something more epic and explosive, I was headbanging all the time. While Coldplay was more familiar, emotional and i was crying all the time. This from an emotional point

From a performance quality point: they were equal. Both Matt and Chris voices were perfect, both didn't get a note wrong, so the whole band.

This tour was the first time that Coldplay at the same level as Muse, the first time.

So both bands deserved it, yeah Muse are better live but this MX tour i swear was at the same level

Coldplay's shows may look good 'n all, but that's moving away from the fact Chris Martin can't sing live.

I remember when I heard "Up in Flames" live for the first time on YouTube. I couldn't even make it halfway before I turned it off because Chris Martin was so off-pitch. :sick:

Coldplay's shows may look good 'n all, but that's moving away from the fact Chris Martin can't sing live.

He's as good vocally as anyone else I've ever seen live, Matt Bellamy included.

If you want to hear a fantastic voice, listen to the CD; 'live' is for concert experience.

I didn't see Coldplay on the MX tour, so I can't judge recent history in terms of stage and performance. But from past tours, I can still judge Chris Martin's voice, which is nasaly as hell live.

I don't care who won the award (well, as long as it wasn't Mumford), but in spite of The 2nd Law sucking, Muse's tour this time around is an improvement on the Resistance tour, which was style over substance.

Why shouldn't you expect to have a fantastic voice within the live experience, though? I mean, it's entirely possible. (Perfect example: Elbow's "The Seldom Seen Kid: Live at Abbey Road." AMAZING.)

That is quality, you're right.

I've seen Elbow live though, and the main thing I took away from the performance was how assured and natural Guy Garvey looked onstage. He managed to get an entire field full of people to sing along to every song and hang on his every word, rather like Chris Martin does live.

Don't get me wrong, Chris is not the greatest singer in the world, but not so bad as to take away from the quality of Coldplay's live performances. I've genuinely seen music journalists, hardcore hipsters and people apathetic to arena-rock come away from Coldplay gigs praising them as a unit, and him as a performer, which is pretty difficult to do when you're possibly the most ridiculed band on the planet, with a lead singer labelled a buffoon by just about everyone.

You're right, but I only hold such a strong opinion of "performance > voice" because it's important people remember the importance of showmanship; no one has a talent show searching "the performer". Plenty of people can hit notes, but there will only ever be one Freddie or Bowie or Bellamy.

notsureifserious.jpg

I've seen both live and they were very different: Muse was something more epic and explosive, I was headbanging all the time. While Coldplay was more familiar, emotional and i was crying all the time. This from an emotional point

From a performance quality point: they were equal. Both Matt and Chris voices were perfect, both didn't get a note wrong, so the whole band.

This tour was the first time that Coldplay at the same level as Muse, the first time.

So both bands deserved it, yeah Muse are better live but this MX tour i swear was at the same level

I really don't think i could have put into words my feelings any better than you did there. Coldplay and Muse are my 2 absolute favourite bands. I've seen both of them live several times, i've even seen them both live at the same stadium (Wembley) - they were both mind-blowing gigs that will stay with me forever, but they're 2 very different bands and so put on 2 very different shows.

I'm actually serious. :P Chris Martin's voice can be quite weak live. I've seen Coldplay live 3 times and I agree with you, they were amazing each time, but I still can't help but notice he struggles to hit some notes at times, and as Michael said, sounds nasally.

^Chris Martin's voice is weak compared to a lot of artists on the circuit. And it's got worse since he started to bounce around so much. But they're still fun to see live.

I miss Muse. I've got a countdown until The Emirates. And I have people to go with for once so even more excited :awesome:

(Hi btw guize, long time no see)

I'm actually serious. :P Chris Martin's voice can be quite weak live. I've seen Coldplay live 3 times and I agree with you, they were amazing each time, but I still can't help but notice he struggles to hit some notes at times, and as Michael said, sounds nasally.

^ I've never been to a Coldplay concert but you can clearly tell by the live recordings he is struggling to sing Viva La Vida, ETIAW and other "jumping around" songs.

You just said yourself some songs like Viva La Vida, ETIAW etc are more "jumping around" songs. By comparison, Matt Bellamy does not do nearly as much running and jumping around on stage. It takes a lot of energy and effort to do all that while also trying to sing, let alone remaining perfectly in tune, so give Chris a break.

• 1 month later...

It finally happened. I finally hate "Panic Station". In fact, I somehow hate The 2nd Law even more than I did 6 months ago, with the exception of 2 or 3 good songs (still a better batting average than Mylo Xyloto, of course).

I also apparently caught them at a good time of the tour, because they've since reverted to the old habits of playing short 90-minute shows with the worst song choices. (and they're playing "Eurasia" again! Didn't you guys miss that song? Of course you didn't. They've also dropped "Animals" and "Plug In Baby" completely.) I was planning on seeing them in Vegas last month but ended up canceling my trip, and in retrospect, money wisely saved.

Mini rant over, just had to get that off my chest.