✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

^ I agree with u about the lyrics but the instrumentals are OK.

Sure it's the 0305030 riff we all know ( at 6:04 [video=youtube;9wV9_je85DE]

) transformed in something that's really enjoyable to play. Psycho is a cool song with awful lyrics, like they often do ;)

I don't know how this song is in any territory of good, let alone decent. :inquisitive:

The lyricism is pretentious, dumbed down, and straight up laughable for any band to endeavor. Yes, it's political purposes are an important discussion but it's not "risky" when it all it does is talk down rather than raise awareness. There's too many holes within its "Milgram experiment" logic. And whether or not the message implies the military or society, it's nastily exaggerated and one-track minded.

I care less for the production or instrumentation though, bunch of cocky rock with a cringing chorus and cheesy as hell sergeant melodrama sequence. Hopefully this is the only song to be this piss awful, cause I'd argue this is their most underdeveloped song in a while :angry:

Your opinion of the song seems to be pretty much the opposite of mine, lol. I really don't care about the cheesy lyrics, I stopped caring about Muse lyrics when they released Survival. The thing I look for in Muse is their ability to make good rock music and awesome riffs, which this song demonstrates very well. Id say it was one of their best songs in quite a while.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

The majority of recordings from the gig tomorrow will probably be crap, but I hope we get some decent videos of the new songs. I can't wait to see how they'll do Psycho live and I'm beyond excited to hear some new tracks from Drones. They will most likely play Dead Inside (the upcoming single) plus one or two new ones.

I'm beyond excited to hear some new tracks from Drones. They will most likely play Dead Inside (the upcoming single) plus one or two new ones.

my body is ready for those videos/audios :smug:

plus I don't think they will play songs like Starlight or Madness, the setlist will be WAY more heavy...

^lol. Worst band of the last six years? Even if you don't like their studio work on The Resistance and The 2nd Law (and so far from Drones) saying "the worst" is just too far. Have you seen their live performance? One of the best in the world...

^ Muse is in my top 3 live bands (tied with RHCP) :nod:

but I hated Dead Inside, seriously.

it sounds like a mashup of Undisclosed Desires + Follow Me feat. Depeche Mode and U2....

Idk what to expect of this album anymore :disappointed:

I obviously prefer the rock side of Muse but I don't mind Dead Inside and its similarity to Follow Me, UD and even Madness because I also like those songs and the electronic side of Muse in general. I do feel we've been lied to though. Muse said they were gonna go back to basics and this single is far from that. Oh well, I like it, and my expectations are still high for the album.

In other news, according to Matt, The Globalist will be the sequel to CE and it's a "10 minute prog nightmare" or something like that. Sounds promising. If it's close to the awesomeness of CE i'll be pleased.

I lol'ed earlier when I saw the Youtube comment for Dead Inside: 'Hit me baby one more time....I mean Dead Inside', the intro is a little uncanny haha!

I like it though. Not sure which I prefer out of the two. I am still interested in the album. The more varied the better too. Something like what Linkin Park did with 'The Hunting Party' where it's pretty much all full on rock would of been too predictable. Hoping for quality tracks!

• 4 weeks later...