✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Ok my MSG review is coming with vids but it took me TWO DAYS to recover from that show, think its the best one I have seen so far but...............

The Panic Station vid is better that the actual song IMO! made me like the song better as some vids can do back tomorrow with review

Quite the opposite. I didn't mind Panic Station until I saw it live and thought it was unbelievably boring live.

That's funny :P Please tell me you at least liked the dancing purple monsters! :lol:

Honestly, I didn't really like The 2nd Law too much, but now after seeing them live I've been enjoying listening to most of the songs. The only song that I liked before but didn't like live was Follow Me. :shrug:

edit: oh and I didn't like Madness before or now aha

I'm very interested to see which of the songs they've mentioned/played/soundchecked recently will actually be played at the stadiums. On Twitter they've suggested they are going to play Muscle Museum, Citizen Erased, Falling Away With You and Big Freeze, and they have apparently been soundchecking Darkshines, Exogenesis parts 2 and 3, and I Belong to You.

edit: Since I posted this they've apparently soundchecked Blackout and Micro Cuts :wtf:

I feel sorry for anyone who went to the first night of any back-to-back show in the same city on the NA leg (well except in LA, night 1 was actually the best here). :laugh3:

Also, Matt let it slip in an interview that they're playing ACL this year. I had tentative plans to attend again this year depending on the lineup, and Muse might be the clincher I need. Come join me, the more the merrier! (Violet, this is your chance to finally see them dammit :P)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question

Hey guys, so one week today I will be seeing Muse, for the first time too, and I am super excited and so is my friend.

I've been watching a lot of Muse concerts on youtube and saw quite a few moshpits, I've been in a mosh once before and I just didn't think that Muse were a 'moshpit-kinda-band', so I was wondering do you guys think there will be moshpits this time round?, just so I can warn my friend who hasn't been to a concert before

Hey guys, so one week today I will be seeing Muse, for the first time too, and I am super excited and so is my friend.

I've been watching a lot of Muse concerts on youtube and saw quite a few moshpits, I've been in a mosh once before and I just didn't think that Muse were a 'moshpit-kinda-band', so I was wondering do you guys think there will be moshpits this time round?, just so I can warn my friend who hasn't been to a concert before

People will mosh to anything, especially after a few drinks. I've seen drunk people mosh to "Substitution" by Silversun Pickups, which is one of their least heavy songs.

I've been to lots of Muse shows and haven't seen moshing, but none of those were a stadium show (because they don't play stadiums here). But from my experience with other shows, I can assure you that if any mosh pits pop up, you can avoid them easily or move elsewhere. Chances are they won't occur right up front but rather a bit farther back, and farther back, people are less cramped together and you can easily move to a different side if you need to.

People do get a bit rowdy during "Knights of Cydonia" and "Plug In Baby", so watch out during those songs, but the new stuff is really tame (and terrible IMO) so it's not constant.

European and UK crowds are a lot more energetic than US crowds apparently, so that's probably why there's not as much moshing at US gigs. I don't have much experience in the matter, but from videos and other people's stories I think it's pretty likely that there will be some mosh pits at the stadium gigs. Like Corkus said, they are pretty easy to avoid if you don't want to get caught up in one.

This might have some helpful advice, Molly: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=69344

It's true, aside from the first 10 rows here in the US, it's all soccer moms wanting to hear "Madness". Which I guess is still an improvement over the Resistance tour when it was 10-year-old girls wanting to hear "the Twilight baseball song" and "Our Love Is Forever". The Twilight girls are mostly over Muse now, which has actually led to piss-poor ticket sales this time haha.

I saw them during the december 2012 tour in Amsterdam, I was standing front row, and yes, during Knights of Cydonia there was a mosh pit.

It's sad to see that the next show in Amsterdam is far from sold-out.

Thanks everyone you've been really helpful. I'm super excited and I really want to hear Hysteria live :omgomg:.

The mosh I was in once before wasn't a really manic one but it was my first mosh. The guy next to me was a bit of a dick, he peed in a cup and threw it at security, they didn't know it was him. I'm expecting the Muse mosh to be a lot more crazy than that one.

I'm going to have to prewarn my friend, because like I said it's her first concert, never mind first mosh pit. She seems pretty up for it, but I think I'm gonna have to give her a few tips like the ones from that link that James posted (thankyou btw).

Thanks again guys :D

It's sad to see that the next show in Amsterdam is far from sold-out.

I'd say that's partly due to them being here recently (last December, and I was there too :D ) and partly due to excessive prices. €65 for upper tier seats is ridiculously overpriced, and it kept me off buying tickets for quite a while. It wasn't until they started an action with tickets for less than half price I decided to go...