✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Ah, shit, they're not playing Animals anymore? I was really looking forward to seeing that one.

And even if Chris Martin was standing completely still he'd still have a weak voice.

If Matt Bellamy jumped around all night he'd be tired but he'd still have a stronger voice.

Also, seeing them in 11 days.

It finally happened. I finally hate "Panic Station". In fact, I somehow hate The 2nd Law even more than I did 6 months ago, with the exception of 2 or 3 good songs (still a better batting average than Mylo Xyloto, of course).

I also apparently caught them at a good time of the tour, because they've since reverted to the old habits of playing short 90-minute shows with the worst song choices. (and they're playing "Eurasia" again! Didn't you guys miss that song? Of course you didn't. They've also dropped "Animals" and "Plug In Baby" completely.) I was planning on seeing them in Vegas last month but ended up canceling my trip, and in retrospect, money wisely saved.

Mini rant over, just had to get that off my chest.

1. Welcome to the light. It's nice to have someone else in my circle who hates "Panic Station." :tongue:

2. Dropping "Animals?" D: Why on Earth would you drop the best song of T2L from your T2L tour? That's not even getting into the problem of dropping PiB. Poor choice, lads. GET IT TOGETHER.

And even if Chris Martin was standing completely still he'd still have a weak voice.

:nod:

2. Dropping "Animals?" D: Why on Earth would you drop the best song of T2L from your T2L tour? That's not even getting into the problem of dropping PiB. Poor choice, lads. GET IT TOGETHER.

It's like how last tour, they dropped "MK Ultra" before the tour got anywhere near me. And yes, I agree, "Animals" is still one of the 2 best songs on the album. The first half of it is quiet and makes the crowd chatty and go to the bathroom, but so do "Explorers" and "Undisclosed Desires" and those heaps of garbage still haven't gone anywhere.

"Liquid State" seems to have completely replaced "Save Me", though, and that's much more understandable. Plus Chris clearly enjoys singing LS so much more. (he sounds like a dying cat on "Save Me", anyway)

Uh..."Survival" sucks a bit less. It's a lot heavier live and isn't as terrible of a closer as you might think, especially with the CO2 jets (apparently they used pyro for a few shows).

Other than that, no. A lot of people say "Follow Me" is better live but it really bored me, plus Matt struggles to sing it.

Uh..."Survival" sucks a bit less. It's a lot heavier live and isn't as terrible of a closer as you might think, especially with the CO2 jets (apparently they used pyro for a few shows).

Other than that, no. A lot of people say "Follow Me" is better live but it really bored me, plus Matt struggles to sing it.

Really? Good. I was a bit worried when I saw Survival as a closer, but if it's heavier it should be fun.

I love Follow Me, actually. It's a fun song

gah I still can't believe they're cutting Plug in Baby tbh I'd take that over any of their new songs :bigcry:

I feel incredibly lucky that I got to see Citizen Erased last tour, I doubt that's going to see the light of day in the States any time soon (except maybe in California, you guys get some great variety :P )

Wow, just as the NA tour was starting to look like shit, they turn around and pull THAT out of the bag. Dead Star (with a Yes Please riff apparently), Plug In Baby, Animals and Dracula Mountain (a cover they haven't done since 2005) all returning on the same setlist. And to top it all off, they dropped Resistance (one of their most boring songs). Ever heard of something called consistency, Muse? :dozey:

Thank you Christina! im hoping for Map of, time is runining out, New Born, Plug in and im sorry I love Starlight!!, Stockholm, Hysteria we shall see what they play. we are in the Pit but im working so we wont get there till late and hoping for the back of the wall pit! the musers i herard are linining up the day before, hope it does not rain for them

Christa, are you going to the first or second night at MSG? If you are going to the second night then you'll probably get a few oldies. For some reason they seem to only play the good old stuff at second nights!

Thank you Christina! im hoping for Map of, time is runining out, New Born, Plug in and im sorry I love Starlight!!, Stockholm, Hysteria we shall see what they play. we are in the Pit but im working so we wont get there till late and hoping for the back of the wall pit! the musers i herard are linining up the day before, hope it does not rain for them

I like Starlight live, don't get me wrong! I just don't think it's a great song if you look at it critically. But it's a ton of fun live omg

Aaaah I love Map too, it was actually one of the most memorable songs from the last concert I went to which surprised be? but yeah that would be an excellent selection

Good luck with getting a good spot! I'm sure you'll do okay, when I went to Newark the majority of the pit didn't fill until after the opening band performed

^Chris Martin's voice is weak compared to a lot of artists on the circuit. And it's got worse since he started to bounce around so much. But they're still fun to see live.

I miss Muse. I've got a countdown until The Emirates. And I have people to go with for once so even more excited :awesome:

(Hi btw guize, long time no see)

Which Emirates date are you off to Nat?

Wow, just as the NA tour was starting to look like shit, they turn around and pull THAT out of the bag. Dead Star (with a Yes Please riff apparently), Plug In Baby, Animals and Dracula Mountain (a cover they haven't done since 2005) all returning on the same setlist. And to top it all off, they dropped Resistance (one of their most boring songs). Ever heard of something called consistency, Muse? :dozey:

Maybe they are trying to take a leaf out of the Radiohead "never play the same set-list twice" book ;)

Having a mixed-up set-list every show is better than a band [such as coldplay] whom plays the same songs in the same order every night, at least you won't know what the next song will be

Maybe they are trying to take a leaf out of the Radiohead "never play the same set-list twice" book ;)

Having a mixed-up set-list every show is better than a band [such as coldplay] whom plays the same songs in the same order every night, at least you won't know what the next song will be

I know having a different setlist every show is a good thing. That is why bands like Radiohead are so great. What I meant was that they have been playing such average setlists recently (very few OOS songs, dropping Animals etc.) and then all of a sudden out of nowhere they play a very different, and much better, setlist. I've got nothing against them mixing things up a bit, but when the setlist is that different it's just unfair on everyone else.

i.e. They should keep things consistently good by constantly playing old songs like Dead Star/Plug In Baby rather than just randomly playing them when they feel like it. (or when a fan-requested song actually gets played)

Out of my personal experience, I had much more fun without recording anything and focusing on the show. At another show, when I recorded most of it, I was too worried about the camera to pay attention to the show.

I don't care about what other people do, but from now on I'll bring my camera, take a picture or two, put it away and enjoy the show.