✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

^ Your schedule looks great! I still need to ask my friend which artists she wants to see. It might go something like this . . .

FRIDAY - ? -> Foster the People -> Ellie Goulding -> ? -> The Shins

SATURDAY - barrier all day (unless my friend insists on seeing Sia)

SUNDAY - Of course, Arcade Fire, but I still need to actually check out more of Sunday's artists. :embarrassed: Still got a little more than a week! :sweatdrop:

I might try to catch a little bit of Beirut's set before getting to Arcade Fire. I wish he/they were earlier in the day, though. :\

I live in LA. We get free shit all the time. Underground artists are desperate for radio play and attention when they first start out, so they play everything free on behalf of local NPR affiliates. Heck, I saw Best Coast for free a few weeks ago too.

(Technically I just saw a Muse soundcheck for free, but that was more like asinine luck than anything.)

Except for Grouplove. Cannot STAND them. :sad:

I went to a free Grouplove show about a week ago and thought they were really fun. Way better than the free Battles show I also went to last week. Those guys sucked.

I saw Grouplove last month and thought they were awesome and lots of fun, although anyone knew their songs :uhoh:

k guys, I'll brb, Lolla time.

I'm taking my laptop (after arguing with myself for a month over whether to bring it) but chances are I won't be online often. I'll take lots of pics for you guys from what shall be Muse Concert #6 for me. Hoping to hear at least one song I haven't gotten live before. ;)

Also, Tom Kirk promised me a footie game with Chris while they were in LA and it never actually happened. BASTARD.

I'm taking my laptop (after arguing with myself for a month over whether to bring it) but chances are I won't be online often. I'll take lots of pics for you guys from what shall be Muse Concert #6 for me. Hoping to hear at least one song I haven't gotten live before. ;)

Also, Tom Kirk promised me a footie game with Chris while they were in LA and it never actually happened. BASTARD.

Have fun at the concert that will be amazing, I'm sure ! :shocked2: You must be disappointed not to have played footie with Chris but you've seen the band in the flesh and it's something you'll never forget.

My schedule upon consulting with a friend (still need to consult with my 2nd friend) is as follows:

Friday - Joy Formidable > Phantogram > Foster the People > Ellie Goulding > The Limousines > The Shins

Saturday - BARRIER ALL DAY (All the early day crap > OK Go > Arctic Monkeys > Black Keys > Muse)

Sunday - Grouplove > Ty Segall > Little Dragon/Wye Oak/John Fogerty (undecided) > Decemberists > Arcade Fire

Only act I'll be bummed about missing is Beirut, especially since I just decided I'm skipping them at Lolla. :cry:

That's such a wicked line-up plan. I've seen the Joy Formidable and they are quite good live, as is Ellie Goulding. Foster the people isn't until November for me :awesome:

Arctic Monkeys are bloody ace live. I love Alex Turner. I do just have to wonder how sober he was at Benicassim because it took him like 3 attempts to say Matt (Helders) name right. But he was still dead on the mark.

Black Keys have pure style behind them when they play. I hadn't heard much of them before Hyde Park last year and they were stunners back then.

I went to a free Grouplove show about a week ago and thought they were really fun. Way better than the free Battles show I also went to last week. Those guys sucked.

I briefly saw Grouplove at TGE festival and they were decent enough. I probably would've been more impressed if they'd played more of the EP opposed to the upcoming LP. But w/e

It's still over a month until I go to another gig. I feel so distressed.

My schedule upon consulting with a friend (still need to consult with my 2nd friend) is as follows:

Friday - Joy Formidable > Phantogram > Foster the People > Ellie Goulding > The Limousines > The Shins

Saturday - BARRIER ALL DAY (All the early day crap > OK Go > Arctic Monkeys > Black Keys > Muse)

Sunday - Grouplove > Ty Segall > Little Dragon/Wye Oak/John Fogerty (undecided) > Decemberists > Arcade Fire

Only act I'll be bummed about missing is Beirut, especially since I just decided I'm skipping them at Lolla. :cry:

WYE OAK WYE OAK WYE OAK. There, I've made your decision concerning that. :tongue: Anyway, as far as I can tell, that looks stupidly awesome. :heart: It's a shame you're missing Beirut, though. :sad:

That sounds so good. :bomb:

Except for Grouplove. Cannot STAND them. :sad:

I'm listening to Born This Way (album). . . I wonder if Matt has heard it yet? I'm digging Heavy Metal Lover. :wacky:

I've never even listened to Grouplove, haha.

UGH. I heard that song on Ivet's tape from the last exchange, and I didn't like it at all. Too risqué. -shudders-

I live in LA. We get free shit all the time. Underground artists are desperate for radio play and attention when they first start out, so they play everything free on behalf of local NPR affiliates. Heck, I saw Best Coast for free a few weeks ago too.

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, you told me Best Coast were boring live. :tongue:

Have tons of fun! Take as many pics of Wolsty as you can, especially if he randomly decides to take his shirt off. Kthx. :wacky:

Ok, you talked to Matt and Dom and Kirky and heard Micro Cuts live, I wouldn't be complaining about missing a soccer game! :whip: :P

:nod: