✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Record Store Day Vinyl: Up With The Birds/U.F.O.

Tom8

edit: this is what's written in my order on the website:

Date d'envoi estimée lundi 23 avril 2012

Date de livraison estimée : jeudi 26 avril 2012 - mercredi 2 mai 2012

Mine:

Date d'envoi estimée lundi 23 avril 2012

Date de livraison estimée : mercredi 25 avril 2012 - jeudi 26 avril 2012

*when your French sucks so bad that you have to use amazon.co.uk to find your order details on amazon.fr*

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, I didn't see these posts! If you have any question about something you don't understand, ask me! :)

is this the same one you're all buying? I don't know french haha

Up With the Birds / U.F.O.de Berryman Guy EUR 6,95 Quantité : 1

I don't think there's another one on Amazon.fr, so I think we're all buying the same :)

Coldplay – Up With The Birds

What’s this?

Coldplay are, of course, a band who need no introduction. “Up With The Birds” is their offering for Record Store Day 2012, and is the fifth track released from their platinum selling album, Mylo Xyloto.

And what’s it sound like?

The expansive keys, sumptuous strings and backing melodies of ‘Up With The Birds’ mark a much needed change from Coldplay’s recent output; ’Paradise’ represented their pitch for pop ubiquity, and ‘Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall’ symbolised their U2 moment. This track brings the band back to their roots, to the heights of ‘Yellow’ and ‘Clocks, reminding us why they have become Britain’s biggest band.

As Mylo Xyloto’s closing track, it is an excellent, serene ending to the album. However, it doesn’t work as well as a standalone single. Without the rest of the album for company, it falls flat.

What’s the verdict?

Referencing Leonard Cohen’s ‘Anthem’, and recalling a happier version of Radiohead’s ‘Pyramid Song’, ‘Up With The Birds’ is one of Coldplay’s better recent efforts, but not their crowning glory.

stars-3.png

link

I only had time to go to one record store yesterday since I had to be at work at 11:00 and I didn't get the Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends since my store didn't get any in. I was calling around to record stores in the area today and every single one of them is sold out. And several of the people I talked to said that it was the most popular item they sold yesterday and that they've had several people asking about it today like myself. I'm considering looking at eBay, but I don't want to get ripped off.

Oh god!

One of my mum's bosses knows I like Coldplay and he knew I wanted to buy the RSD release. This morning he told my mum how nice it was that I managed to buy it. My mum was totally flabbergasted, how did he find out about that? Well, he also went to the record store on Saturday (there's only one record store in my town) and they told him that there was a very dedicated girl that started queuing way before the store opened and that she bought the Coldplay single. He immediately knew they were talking about me. Aaargh!