✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Record Store Day Vinyl: Up With The Birds/U.F.O.

Tom8

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get one!

My record store (quite a small one on the outskirts of London) managed to get two. I was 14th in the que and they were inviting people into the shop two at a time. I went in with the 15th person behind me and he asked the guy at the till straight away if they had Coldplay. I was like I want Coldplay as well! It was lucky for both of us they had two, and it was lucky the 13 people in front of me didn't want it! I paid £7.99 which seemed ok.

You was the fella in front of me! - see my prior post

I was 15 in a queue at a local record shop, hoping to get both Coldplay And Noel's Gallagher's releases. Unfortunately missed out on Gallagher's.

They were only letting two people in the shop once and I waited 30 mins to get in. The guy in front of me also asked for the Coldplay single, as I asked for it seconds later. As he gave the other guy his copy he said to me I'm afraid that was the last one, I was gutted!

Until... a voice come out from under the counter saying 'no we've still got the other one here!' Apparently they were the only 2 he had in the shop! To say I was lucky is an understatement!

Did you already listen to it? I would love to hear I Don’t Want You To Die :wacko:

Alas, I am in need of a new record player which I won't be able to get until next week. I'm just anxious to hear as you are. The clips sound fantastic.

There might be a chance of getting one for a low price since there are so many and I doubt ALL of them are gonna go for $50 or more.[/size][/b]

edit: okay maybe not so obviously if you don't know me haha

+ Almost all of them are 24h auctions, so they end tomorrow. This means that bidding has to go fast. I think some will slip the net and go away for a price of about 25$ (still too much)

My record store wouldn't under any circumstances let you buy more than one copy of any rad exclusive. I wish I could have gotten some extra copies but there was no way they would let me. At least there are a lot of copies on eBay.

On a personal note however I really hate buying stuff from people who just get the stuff to resell it.

I will get one for sure even if my record store is not gonna get it (thanks to an awesome person), so you can delete me from the list : )

And I still have the order on amazon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get it so I can sell to someone here

Did you already listen to it? I would love to hear I Don’t Want You To Die :wacko:

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/slowonerveoaction-4/the-flaming-lips-i-dont-want]The Flaming Lips - I Don't Want You to Die (featuring Chris Martin of Coldplay) by Slow?Nerve?Action 4 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

It's very spacy, nice.

Hello everybody,

I post for first time but I read the forum months ago.

Thank very much everyone here for all the precious informations around coldplay.

I am coldplay fan - collector and I informed from you about Up With The Birds/ Ufo release. First I was pessimist because in Greece where I live its extremely difficult to find these releases and the record stores here are really few. Also its noted that the record will be released at the rest europe only 200 items. So I have erased from my mind record store day. But at the noon I saw the record and the extremely prices at the ebay and I mentioned again that I need it. Then I called at a record store which celebrate that day and I didn' t believe

when they told me that they have one item. So I drove some kilometers at the other side of Athens and I got it. So simple. I bought it for 14 euros but I don' t care I am very happy and I feel extremely lucky.

I hope the rest of you who didn't find it to get it soon at reasonable price.

Thanks again for your informations.

OMG I GOT ONE :D

I went to three different stores while strolling through Amsterdam, music everywhere and lots of fun. And then in the third store (I had given up house earlier) there it was!

Payed €9,99.

I'm happy. I hope everyone who wants one can get it for a decent prize.

OMG I GOT ONE :D

I went to three different stores while strolling through Amsterdam, music everywhere and lots of fun. And then in the third store (I had given up house earlier) there it was!

Payed €9,99.

I'm happy. I hope everyone who wants one can get it for a decent prize.

Awesome!