✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Record Store Day Vinyl: Up With The Birds/U.F.O.

Tom8

I managed to get one!

My record store (quite a small one on the outskirts of London) managed to get two. I was 14th in the que and they were inviting people into the shop two at a time. I went in with the 15th person behind me and he asked the guy at the till straight away if they had Coldplay. I was like I want Coldplay as well! It was lucky for both of us they had two, and it was lucky the 13 people in front of me didn't want it! I paid £7.99 which seemed ok.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really disappointed, I was waiting in a huge queue in the city for 3 hours, despite getting there 2hrs before opening. Of course, I didn't get one as there were loads of people in front of me (and about 200 people behind me, no joke). So tired!

I hope some kind soul here will have a spare for me.

Aww that sounds awful really :\

But you're on the top of the wantlist. I'm sure people will pop-up with spares :)

LARD

DundahMifflin

Denise

Blue Nails

Twisted Mind

Lore

YellowTeardrops13

Chommy 16

Jpw48

Coldplay Respect!

UnderStrawberrySwing

Ostrich

R23, I can add you if you want? It's no certainty that you'll get one this way, but you can always try, right?

Brill, so I am. Just checked ebay and they are pouring onto the site. I hate that kind of profiteering where you take something away from people who want it just to sell it yourself for more.

Congratulations to everyone here who went out today and managed to get one!

it was a nightmare but I got one:)

Congrats!

Just checked ebay and they are pouring onto the site. I hate that kind of profiteering where you take something away from people who want it just to sell it yourself for more.

It's insane!

This one had a starting bid of £19.99, the seller relisted it for £39.99.

Stupid people!

I don't see myself as a crazy fangirl, just a very dedicated fan! :P

:nod:

Congrats to everyone who managed to get one!

My story is less fortunate...

I 'queued' with 4 others this morning at Velvet Music in Ede (15 min from my house). I asked them before if they'd have one and they said that they ordered it.

But as I went in (all nervous and heavy heartbeat), I soon realised they didn't have it...

I left and called a store in Arnhem (40 min away). They had one left, but didn't want to keep it for me (which I understand).

Anyways, I decided to go take a look there and another store in Arnhem. But ofcourse they were all gone...

I could kick my ass and smash my head, just knowing that if I went to Arnhem first, I would have had a copy now! I'm such an IDIOT!!!!

I was somewhat sad that I didn't get it, went for a little shopping and on the way back home I ofcourse listened Coldplay. I was thinking of a song to get me out of my sad mood, but couldn't think of one. But then, Fix You started playing and got me back on track to enjoy my day.

Coldplay somehow manages to play the right song at the right moments, don't they?!

All dutch people here, where did you go?

I'm obviously kidding, but the amount of copies actually on eBay (around 50 right now) is quite saddening. There might be a chance of getting one for a low price since there are so many and I doubt ALL of them are gonna go for $50 or more.

edit: okay maybe not so obviously if you don't know me haha

I was 15 in a queue at a local record shop, hoping to get both Coldplay And Noel's Gallagher's releases. Unfortunately missed out on Gallagher's.

They were only letting two people in the shop once and I waited 30 mins to get in. The guy in front of me also asked for the Coldplay single, as I asked for it seconds later. As he gave the other guy his copy he said to me I'm afraid that was the last one, I was gutted!

Until... a voice come out from under the counter saying 'no we've still got the other one here!' Apparently they were the only 2 he had in the shop! To say I was lucky is an understatement!

Ugh...

Just can't believe this. Waited in line in London for hours, didn't get a copy. and then I get home and check ebay and there's a SH*TLOAD of them on there for nowhere near £7.99. This makes me so angry...

Just can't believe this. Waited in line in London for hours, didn't get a copy. and then I get home and check ebay and there's a SH*TLOAD of them on there for nowhere near £7.99. This makes me so angry...

Most of them have low starting bids, it's just the buy it now ones that are ridiculously priced

Dude, I already posted that! I thought you wouldn't be online *sorry!*

It's fine, it's not like I'm online that often! I was just curious about other people's experiences in getting one.

It was quite easy for me to get mine. I got it hours after the store opened and it was just sitting there. That was in the biggest store in freaking Amsterdam. Got lucky I suppose.