✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, today I received this great promo of "In My Place"!!! As I couldn't find it on Discogs, I uploaded it to the database! :D Have you seen it before? Really love it!!!

https://www.discogs.com/es/Coldplay-In-My-Place/release/12000480

R-12000480-1526317261-3477.jpeg.jpg

Never seen it before. I hate to burst your excitement bubble, but it’s a bootleg. Usually any picture disc CD is a fake unfortunately. Plus, the way that everything is positioned is so different from any other release. But it does look really cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never seen it before. I hate to burst your excitement bubble, but it’s a bootleg. Usually any picture disc CD is a fake unfortunately. Plus, the way that everything is positioned is so different from any other release. But it does look really cool!

Take into account this is a promo release for radio purposes (before the actual AROBTTH album came out), maybe that`s why it looks so different. Besides that, if you see the CD matrix, it has all the info that is also printed on the cover (such as catalog number and label). Plus, the CD is from the same manufacturer that made my X&Y copy (Teltron) bought on 2005 here in Argentina. If this is a bootleg, is a VERY good one! The way the CD is printed is also very high quality, just like the one found on official CD releases. The readable part of the CD has also the traditional silver color from a legit CD, not greenish as a normal CD-R... Those details and more tell me this is legit, since I have a big collection of CDs from the band to compare to (argentinian radio promos and UK singles as well).

Take into account this is a promo release for radio purposes (before the actual AROBTTH album came out), maybe that`s why it looks so different. Besides that, if you see the CD matrix, it has all the info that is also printed on the cover (such as catalog number and label). Plus, the CD is from the same manufacturer that made my X&Y copy (Teltron) bought on 2005 here in Argentina. If this is a bootleg, is a VERY good one! The way the CD is printed is also very high quality, just like the one found on official CD releases. The readable part of the CD has also the traditional silver color from a legit CD, not greenish as a normal CD-R... Those details and more tell me this is legit, since I have a big collection of CDs from the band to compare to (argentinian radio promos and UK singles as well).

I tend to agree that it looks legit. Fake promos of those early Eras are as far as I know as good as non-existent. I did some digging and this disc has also been mentioned in the collection of users @66 and @Major Cooper - maybe one of them knows more about it.

How much did you buy it for ?

I tend to agree that it looks legit. Fake promos of those early Eras are as far as I know as good as non-existent. I did some digging and this disc has also been mentioned in the collection of users @66 and @Major Cooper - maybe one of them knows more about it.

I paid U$S8.00, taking into account things in my country are so overpriced... Anyway, as I said, this looks different since it's a radio promo. But everything else in the release (quality of printing, serigraphy on the CD, branding and codes below the cd) tells me this is legit.

Hello everyone! My first post after another long hiatus. Yes. This promo is legit. [emoji4]

The other neat thing about it is that it is also featured in the Record Collector’s magazine where Coldplay was featured. That mag has an extensive list of Coldplay releases up to that specific era when the mag was released anyway. They also included/featured few cds that may as well be bootleg - being that they were released from the common countries that we all know are notorious for making greatest hits and compilation albums.

a72c19fe65c106313aaa9f77a285a549.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone! My first post after another long hiatus. Yes. This promo is legit. [emoji4]

The other neat thing about it is that it is also featured in the Record Collector’s magazine where Coldplay was featured. That mag has an extensive list of Coldplay releases up to that specific era when the mag was released anyway. They also included/featured few cds that may as well be bootleg - being that they were released from the common countries that we all know are notorious for making greatest hits and compilation albums.

Thanks for your answer! Well, I'm glad to have this promo in my collection, which is growing very well this days.!

• Like 1

BTW, do you happen to have the magazine you're talking about? I want to see the reference for the promo I have! :P

• Like 1