✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

Hi, thanks ! It was indeed an online collaboration from Coldplayers all over the world. :blush:

I cannot even name all of the countries but there were at least people from Belgium, Mexico, Germany, Poland, the US, the Philippines...

Wonderful...! Again, kudos to all of you for making an international concept work...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...bummer it's in October! I'm in Chicago, but have family in Hollywood (who I'm way overdue to visit). Sadly October is a terrible time for me to take off work. :-(

Hopefully there's a next time!

No worries! There will definitely be a next time!

Anyway, this may be a far fetched idea, but I would like to bring this concept out there... While I know that we all belong to different parts of the world, each state (or any feasible distance parameter) should set a day where coldplayers will meet and bring some of their prized collection with them, or merely just to have a mini get-together or mini-convention of some sort. Sci-fi fans have their comic-con... we should have our Coldplayers-Con... [emoji2][emoji1303]

I know it's a tall order, but hey, just an idea. If it happens >>> Amazing!!! If not >>> we still have this site to communicate amongst each other.

Thoughts? No answer or reaction can be wrong. Discussion is all for fun...! [emoji41][emoji1305]

• Like 2

No worries! There will definitely be a next time!

Anyway, this may be a far fetched idea, but I would like to bring this concept out there... While I know that we all belong to different parts of the world, each state (or any feasible distance parameter) should set a day where coldplayers will meet and bring some of their prized collection with them, or merely just to have a mini get-together or mini-convention of some sort. Sci-fi fans have their comic-con... we should have our Coldplayers-Con... [emoji2][emoji1303]

I know it's a tall order, but hey, just an idea. If it happens >>> Amazing!!! If not >>> we still have this site to communicate amongst each other.

Thoughts? No answer or reaction can be wrong. Discussion is all for fun...! [emoji41][emoji1305]

That would be awesome! But it would probably never happen unfortunately. :( But city meet ups which would be more one-off things are totally possible.

• Like 1

That would be awesome! But it would probably never happen unfortunately. :( But city meet ups which would be more one-off things are totally possible.

Definitely... The only difference though is that if we rally into making the coldplay-con happen - our band will for sure be there... They are very down-to-earth people, who loves and appreciates their fans. But I know, it can be difficult to get that plan together. But hey, maybe one day... right? [emoji2][emoji1303]

• Like 2

Hello everyone! I have a Coldplay 7" record for sale on eBay. Just thought I would share with for all the collectors out there. Here's the link!

Tracks:

Coldplay - Clocks (Live), Postal Service - Against All Odds (Phil Collins cover), and The Heavenly States - Vacant

This is a limited edition from Devil in the Woods and is #185 of #713 made!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232324576617?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

It's in great condition!

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, I was once pretty active on this thread but it's a long time since I posted on the forum.

I don't follow Coldplay that much any more now, or I should say nearly at all, so I decided to part with a few items from my collection. I've started today listing What If CD single on ebay.

So if anyone is looking for it here's thelink(change .it to your country code to see ebay in your language)

• Like 1

IMG_20170726_235608271.jpg

IMG_20170726_235617899.jpg

IMG_20170726_235729254.jpg

Hey guys! My collection just got bigger!

I got my hands on a copy of this rare promo, released on Colombia back in 2006! Great tracks as well!!!

INFO

In Discogs, this item was sold by aprox. 50 euros... but I got it for 5 dollars! LOL!!!! So, Im happy with this!!!

• Like 4

I have been collecting the benelux promos for a long time now. I have always thought at some point that it may also be one of those high quality bootlegs. I refused to entertain that thought further, but the more I look at it, and the consistency of the same sellers selling them, and the same look that some of their items for sale appears to be - it does resemble a bootleg promo. Add the fact that all the new benelux coldplay promos of AHFOD still has the ghost stories font.

Gone are the days when promos are genuine.

Now, we even seem to have promos after promos from the same Argentinian and Brazilian sellers. And of course, how can we forget the influx of Greatest hits (collection/compilation) from Russia, Israel, and China? It has now become a money making scheme.

The best way to collect promos now, in this world with so many con artists, is to just buy whatever you feel will make your collection complete. You don't have to have every promo releases from all countries to make your collection great (and complete). Whether you decide to buy some of the suspicious promos, or stick to what is proven legit (which would be the ones from the previous eras), you should be okay - as long as you are personally happy and contented with them.

Just to be clear, I have totally nothing against the people from all countries mentioned. I am only speaking about the fake promos that originates from each.

Peace and Love to All!

Check out and participate in the individual threads for each Coldplay era record collections.

Happy Collecting!

• Like 2

Does anyone have an orange xyloband that they would be willing to send me? I've been really wanting an orange one...

Make sure to ask for an orange one in October...! I requested for a specific color last year! You are getting closer and closer to that magical moment! :)

I have been collecting the benelux promos for a long time now. I have always thought at some point that it may also be one of those high quality bootlegs. I refused to entertain that thought further, but the more I look at it, and the consistency of the same sellers selling them, and the same look that some of their items for sale appears to be - it does resemble a bootleg promo. Add the fact that all the new benelux coldplay promos of AHFOD still has the ghost stories font.

Gone are the days when promos are genuine.

Now, we even seem to have promos after promos from the same Argentinian and Brazilian sellers. And of course, how can we forget the influx of Greatest hits (collection/compilation) from Russia, Israel, and China? It has now become a money making scheme.

The best way to collect promos now, in this world with so many con artists, is to just buy whatever you feel will make your collection complete. You don't have to have every promo releases from all countries to make your collection great (and complete). Whether you decide to buy some of the suspicious promos, or stick to what is proven legit (which would be the ones from the previous eras), you should be okay - as long as you are personally happy and contented with them.

Just to be clear, I have totally nothing against the people from all countries mentioned. I am only speaking about the fake promos that originates from each.

Peace and Love to All!

Check out and participate in the individual threads for each Coldplay era record collections.

Happy Collecting!

i feel like no one should worry about having a "complete" collection anyway, it's so cool to see how different people have built up the collections they have and how unique they are to each person :D

• Like 2

i feel like no one should worry about having a "complete" collection anyway, it's so cool to see how different people have built up the collections they have and how unique they are to each person :D

Exactly. Besides, no one will ever have a complete collection, even if one tries. The greatness of a collection is not measured by the quantity of cd or memorabilia that they have accumulated. It is the story behind the hunt that matters... the satisfaction of owning that piece that you want... and all other significant personal reasons, that makes it all worthwhile!

Whether it be 1, 10, few, or many, we are individual owners of such great pieces of musical history. And individual collectors we may be, but as one group - all our collections rolled into one is what "Complete" stands for. If we can collect the story behind the collection of each piece, that will be the ultimate.

• Like 1

And yes, To Each Their Own...

Complete is what you make it.

Some likes to complete a certain promo type... All different, personal categories.

• Like 1

Hi all !

I'm asking now if the Warner Music Benelux are true promo singles cauz' now when i see them, they keep the same police from GS era and they wrote some small informations by the musics .....what do you think about that ?

Hi! This is actually what I was referring to on my most recent previous post... the benelux promos.

I, personally, love the benelux promos... BUT... I am finally accepting the idea - that they may be fake.

Your guess is as good as mine... So where do we go to draw the line with collecting? Should we say we wasted all our time? :)

I say, collect with caution... Cherish what you acquire... Trust your instinct... Bid with excitement... Post and share in forums with delight... Share your stories... With whatever you have - Take pride.

Hi,

Maybe I can help a little.

There are for sure real Dutch promo’s!! :).

Which ones are real, and which one’s are fake, no one can tell exactly. I’m sure there are still writing mistakes in the fake one’s.

Most of the time it is in the “BIEM/STEMRA logo

REAL ones have a BIEM/STEMRA logo and a catalogue number (and sometimes an upc-number) printed on the disc.

FAKE ones have a BIEM/STERMA logo it is hard to see but the “R” and the “M” are switched, and most of the time no catalogue or upc number printed on the disc. Sometimes they do have a catalogue number, it makes it even harder to see it.

Without a BIEM/STEMRA logo, it's always fake (for a Dutch promo)

These are the rules I keep in mind to find out if it’s real or fake, but it’s not completely for guaranteed (so don’t nail me down on it)

In general don’t pay too much!! remind promo’s these days are CDR’s with a printed inlay, and aren’t factory pressed anymore :(

As for the font. I don’t think that is a thing to worry about, they don’t take the time anymore to make it perfect and make it fit in with the current era. As long as the name is on, it is okay. (only collectors do mind)

For Argentine & Brazilian promo’s I don't dare to burn my fingers to it, i don’t think these countries make any promo anymore.

Russia and China: fake for sure.

But fake or real, it sure spices up a collection!

I hope it helped a little, and keep it in mind when buying new promo’s.

For the one's already in a collection, they sure are COOL :)

Note: I am from Holland, and no I don’t live in "promo-heaven”, dutch promo’s are hard to find in the Netherlands too.

I don’t have a huge Coldplay collection (in case I am suggesting it, yes I am a Coldplay fan, and enjoy reading this forum), but as a serious Madonna collector I found out these same “problems” regarding the Dutch promo's

• Like 1

Hi,

Which ones are real, and which one’s are fake, no one can tell exactly. I’m sure there are still writing mistakes in the fake one’s.

REAL ones have a BIEM/STEMRA logo and a catalogue number (and sometimes an upc-number) printed on the disc.

FAKE ones have a BIEM/STERMA logo it is hard to see but the “R” and the “M” are switched, and most of the time no catalogue or upc number printed on the disc. Sometimes they do have a catalogue number, it makes it even harder to see it.

These are the rules I keep in mind to find out if it’s real or fake, but it’s not completely for guaranteed (so don’t nail me down on it)

In general don’t pay too much!! remind promo’s these days are CDR’s with a printed inlay, and aren’t factory pressed anymore :(

As for the font. I don’t think that is a thing to worry about, they don’t take the time anymore to make it perfect and make it fit in with the current era. As long as the name is on, it is okay. (only collectors do mind)

For Argentine & Brazilian promo’s I don't dare to burn my fingers to it, i don’t think these countries make any promo anymore.

Note: I am from Holland, and no I don’t live in "promo-heaven”, dutch promo’s are hard to find in the Netherlands too.

I don’t have a huge Coldplay collection (in case I am suggesting it, yes I am a Coldplay fan, and enjoy reading this forum), but as a serious Madonna collector I found out these same “problems” regarding the Dutch promo's

Thank you very much! This is greatly appreciated...! Having pointed it out at a parallel stand point via collecting the same promo type, with a different artist, does provide a legitimate angle of comparison.

Another question though... glossy vs matte finish, still with dutch promos... does it make a case for suspicion too?

Thanks again, very much!

IMG_20170726_235608271.jpg

IMG_20170726_235617899.jpg

IMG_20170726_235729254.jpg

Hey guys! My collection just got bigger!

I got my hands on a copy of this rare promo, released on Colombia back in 2006! Great tracks as well!!!

INFO

In Discogs, this item was sold by aprox. 50 euros... but I got it for 5 dollars! LOL!!!! So, Im happy with this!!!

Man I need to find myself some coldplay stuff lol because it just looks so slick as well, nice find, I hope it is legit as well though

Hi,

Oh, and as for the Brazilian and Argentinian promos, I have always felt that way. Although it makes for a great addition to a collection, the more collectors patronize them - the more their counterfeiting empire thrives. I have also bought several of their promos prior, but not anymore. After having the inclination that it was fake, I still succumbed to making another purchase at another instance - secondary to specific mixes/tracks that they include, and the design of some of it. But I finally stopped, because I literally felt like I was officially making the fake items a part of the collection. Cool as they seem, with the appearance and tracks, they are still fake. And for sellers to have a thriving business through taking advantage of the situation, is something that is purely and genuinely opportunistic, foul, and sad.

Man I need to find myself some coldplay stuff lol because it just looks so slick as well, nice find, I hope it is legit as well though

This specific X&Y promo is definitely legit. Though there may be a few from the early eras, majority of the promo releases then are genuine and unquestionably amazing pieces of collection treasures.

Thank you very much! This is greatly appreciated...! Having pointed it out at a parallel stand point via collecting the same promo type, with a different artist, does provide a legitimate angle of comparison.

Another question though... glossy vs matte finish, still with dutch promos... does it make a case for suspicion too?

Thanks again, very much!

Your welcome :)

I got to check the glossy vs matte finish in my collection (I am on holidays at this moment, but I will check it for you when I am back home next weekend, I can’t remember for certain if they are glossy or matte) (I expect matte) I got scans on my laptop but they don’t show the answer.

I do agree these parallel comparisons are the best to get closer to the answer. I looked at your collection pictures a couple of times (GREAT collection btw) and saw the similarities immediately

And yes I do love the Dutch promo too. I remember back in 2012 when (for Madonna) the first Dutch promo of this type was released no collector knew what to do with it, fake or real or whatever. It was her first release after leaving Warner Bros. in the new MP3 & download era. Back then a Dutch fansite contacted universal and they confirmed they were real promo releases.

• Like 1

Oh, and as for the Brazilian and Argentinian promos, I have always felt that way. Although it makes for a great addition to a collection, the more collectors patronize them - the more their counterfeiting empire thrives. I have also bought several of their promos prior, but not anymore. After having the inclination that it was fake, I still succumbed to making another purchase at another instance - secondary to specific mixes/tracks that they include, and the design of some of it. But I finally stopped, because I literally felt like I was officially making the fake items a part of the collection. Cool as they seem, with the appearance and tracks, they are still fake. And for sellers to have a thriving business through taking advantage of the situation, is something that is purely and genuinely opportunistic, foul, and sad.

Couldn't have said it better :)

That's why I prefer the name counterfeit above fake. It gives the item a little more value. And you can choose to collect counterfeits,or not. Same as for bootlegs. I also quited collection that stuff. The only one who is getting better from it is the maker. Although they put a lot more time and love into the designs etc, etc, then most of the record companies. And some are really beautiful and great to have............but still counterfeit

• Like 1

Your welcome :)

I got to check the glossy vs matte finish in my collection (I am on holidays at this moment, but I will check it for you when I am back home next weekend, I can’t remember for certain if they are glossy or matte) (I expect matte) I got scans on my laptop but they don’t show the answer.

I do agree these parallel comparisons are the best to get closer to the answer. I looked at your collection pictures a couple of times (GREAT collection btw) and saw the similarities immediately

And yes I do love the Dutch promo too. I remember back in 2012 when (for Madonna) the first Dutch promo of this type was released no collector knew what to do with it, fake or real or whatever. It was her first release after leaving Warner Bros. in the new MP3 & download era. Back then a Dutch fansite contacted universal and they confirmed they were real promo releases.

Thanks! That's a great info about how the dutch promos started to come into play. Also, we'll be more cautious about the irregularities, now that you have pointed them out. :)