✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

If you guys just want proof that these are all fake, just look at this horrible one. It really upsets me that these are even a thing. They would not be sending these out to radio stations because they wouldn't even be playing most of the songs. All of these fake/counterfeit promos are done by the same few people. They're always using the same background for the pictures. The cases and covers are always the same style. It's all fake and it just upsets me.

5c2e49f175340f0d856ed79bdf11bb36.png1a84cc223c8b911502707428b5a67d94.png7ae4dc8a6a71dee4349f365d50738518.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys just want proof that these are all fake, just look at this horrible one. It really upsets me that these are even a thing. They would not be sending these out to radio stations because they wouldn't even be playing most of the songs. All of these fake/counterfeit promos are done by the same few people. They're always using the same background for the pictures. The cases and covers are always the same style. It's all fake and it just upsets me.

5c2e49f175340f0d856ed79bdf11bb36.png1a84cc223c8b911502707428b5a67d94.png7ae4dc8a6a71dee4349f365d50738518.png

I can't say that I am still not skeptic about it, but I guess this is where collectors will just have to agree to disagree. Each one really will just have to collect what they feel like collecting... Collect by preference, I'd say.

I would love for us all to boycott the counterfeit promos, but we can't control other people's preferences. The best that we can offer is to post our findings/observations, and let them choose whether they are still to support the counterfeiting business or not. My wish, like yours, is for such business not be supported, therefore - no room to thrive. It is disheartening, frustrating, infuriating, and sickening that such people exists and are laughing their way to the bank. But what is really left for us to do? We just have to collect at our own risk, if we so decide to continue collecting... and enjoy the ride that we choose to take part.

And while we're at it, here are some more suspicious items on ebay...

The sound quality is good... Could they have already indeed invested with high grade equipment, because they know that it will definitely and easily pay for itself - considering the high demand of promo cds and the growing number of collectors?

...Maybe so...Maybe so...

9b186cad9276687e64f1f29dde0f8844.jpgdb80dc9a22c235d214faf841c0dd3333.jpg9d1dc42c794e01a5936d1684c9d53881.jpg

Thanks! That's a great info about how the dutch promos started to come into play. Also, we'll be more cautious about the irregularities, now that you have pointed them out. :)

These kind of promo's appeared somewhere between 2010 & 2012. Promo's before this time are easier to check and recognize.

WOW that Argentine promo sure is beautiful (my collectors heart starts beating faster) only thing I am missing is the spanish promo stamp "Disco Promocional, Prohibida Su Venta" but don't know if they still use it.

5c2e49f175340f0d856ed79bdf11bb36.png1a84cc223c8b911502707428b5a67d94.png

I like it, you blew us all away :D

Instead of spending hours comparing, “just look at it” it’s crap.

I like this one as an example :)

you want to know why I am not convinced it's a counterfeit :)

First off

The disc.

Warner logo looks the right size to me. not too big, not too small, and not mirrored.

BIEM/STEMRA logo looks good to me

little tricky NO catalogue number on the disc

The insert

Backside

Okay missing catalogue number might be explained. as you see every track has it’s own catalogue number.

(Digging my own collection: every promo is an one track single, unless one, hey a 2 track single; every song has it’s own catalogue number. both also printed on the disc. same font as the inlay. okay 5 tracks including catalogue number and credits won’t fit on the disc)

Tracklist looks right, duration time is correct.

Front

Looks normal it’s printed matte, in a slimline jewel case (as usual) which fits a single.

In my opinion an EP is a maxi single so it should come in a slimline case an not in a normal jewel case.

Common Sense

Since last Thursday I hear Miracles(Someone Special) several times on different Dutch radio stations.

If promo’s were shipped last Wednesday, they received it by Thursday. Shipping to the UK cost 2 a 3 day, item is listed yesterday (Sunday) on ebay, it’s possible. The physical release of the Kaleidoscope EP in Holland is August 4th, looks normal to ship a promo 1.5 week ahead.

If it’s real or fake it’s up to you.

I am only saying I am not convinced it’s a couterfeit.

These kind of promo's appeared somewhere between 2010 & 2012. Promo's before this time are easier to check and recognize.

WOW that Argentine promo sure is beautiful (my collectors heart starts beating faster) only thing I am missing is the spanish promo stamp "Disco Promocional, Prohibida Su Venta" but don't know if they still use it.

Looks good, right? But having bought that kind of promo before gives me a concrete idea that this may likely be a counterfeit. Anyone from their home can technically produce this kind of picture disc. It is literally a cdr that has a picture printed onto it. And the writings on it...? Unfortunately, it only takes one sample cd for them to mimic. Even if it is present, I will assume that it is a well-thought counterfeit. So tempting as it is, I won't have it in my collection. It's like knowing that it is yogurt, but convincing my brain that it is ice cream. :)

Looks good, right? But having bought that kind of promo before gives me a concrete idea that this may likely be a counterfeit. Anyone from their home can technically produce this kind of picture disc. It is literally a cdr that has a picture printed onto it. And the writings on it...? Unfortunately, it only takes one sample cd for them to mimic. Even if it is present, I will assume that it is a well-thought counterfeit. So tempting as it is, I won't have it in my collection. It's like knowing that it is yogurt, but convincing my brain that it is ice cream. :)

It certainly does :) I wouldn't buy it either, hahahahahha I don't like yogert-ice cream :no_mouth: when they say fanmade it would be different then you can choose to appreciate what the seller made, by bying it.

So it's great that there will be a an official release this weekend, no doubts or confusion, i can't wait to hold my copy of the Kaleidoscope vinyl this friday :cool:

• Like 1

Had some glitch with my livenation pre-order of Kep, so I received an e-mail prompting me to call them. After the issue was fixed, I was told that the order is now ready for delivery. It's July 31... so I asked if what I heard was right, and it was re-confirmed that it is ready to ship...! :)

Had some glitch with my livenation pre-order of Kep, so I received an e-mail prompting me to call them. After the issue was fixed, I was told that the order is now ready for delivery. It's July 31... so I asked if what I heard was right, and it was re-confirmed that it is ready to ship...! :)

They sent me an email that it's in the mail shipping from LA and I got the 2-day shipping... I doubt that means that it'll be here early though because that would be weird

Phiew that’s a relief. I am happy for you :)

Let’s hope "ready to ship" turns into "shipped" soon.

I order mine in a Dutch online store, they will wait ‘till Thursday before shipping (lucky me it’s already August 1th overhere)

Although in the past it happened they shipped off a day earlier, and parcels arrived a day before release date.

They sent me an email that it's in the mail shipping from LA and I got the 2-day shipping... I doubt that means that it'll be here early though because that would be weird

Weird but not impossible :)

• Like 1

Somehow there was a glimpse of hope, thinking -- did they plan to release this earlier than the expected date, the way they surprised us with the release of the digital file? Although, the dig file release date didn't follow through with the original plan.

Anyway, if it happens, I can't and won't complain at all...! The feeling for me would rather be happy, secondary to the element of surprise.

Phiew that’s a relief. I am happy for you :)

Let’s hope "ready to ship" turns into "shipped" soon.

I order mine in a Dutch online store, they will wait ‘till Thursday before shipping (lucky me it’s already August 1th overhere)

Although in the past it happened they shipped off a day earlier, and parcels arrived a day before release date.

Weird but not impossible :)

Any day will work for me, as long as it doesn't get postponed. [emoji2]

And if, by any chance, it does... Oh well, it will get released at some point...

Patience is virtue. [emoji1303]

Here's a physical copy that's out now on ebay. Therefore, I conclude, it is highly likely that it is in transit. But still, if it comes later, no complaints here. [emoji41]

4450c80804b6297bb29e0192774b861e.jpg

COOOL :)

wouldn't surprise me if it is released as soon as it hits the suppliers, as there is no need to wait for release party's etc.

A UK record store already placed a picture of the backside to their site

(their policy is, they only put actual pictures on the site instead of stock pictures :) )

CS656981-01B-BIG.jpg.ab31d58a879deec4a10947e0d340a472.jpg

• Like 1

So I guess the CD will come in a similar way Prospekt's March came, in a cardboard sleeve... Am I right?

It looks like it

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/COLDPLAY-CD-Kaleidoscope-EP-All-I-Think-About-Miracles-Aliens-GATEFOLD-Pro-sht-/372031617271?hash=item569ecff8f7:g:kikAAOSw9HVZgKw-

2.thumb.jpg.8a37ffd7b03534870fa3ff7500d06e1f.jpg

Looks like a gatefolded digipack, I do have a weakness for digipacks and cardsleeves

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/COLDPLAY-LP-Kaleidoscope-EP-BLUE-Vinyl-1st-Pressing-Pro-Sht-Poster-MP3-12-/282594966035?hash=item41cbf8fa13:g:ACwAAOSw2n5ZgLP0

1847281147__57-2.thumb.JPG.44a2d52ace00b3d47fd52b5534c0f85b.JPG

387567938__57-1.thumb.JPG.d51b66e1495419968dbd7a434f72ca4e.JPG

89892103__57.thumb.JPG.cefc54a6d3345f505d30c685d32c6426.JPG

• Like 3

And early it was... [emoji41][emoji1303]

From Cagamandurrio on ebay

He is on my blacklist, he has been selling (a lot of) fake Safety EP's.

But at least the POC promo has the BIEM STEMRA on it. :)

He has a few promo's for sale for a lot of money where it is STERMA, so doubtful.

From Cagamandurrio on ebay

Oh, no...

One thing for sure, for someone who sells a lot of fake/counterfeit items, he is overly defensive...

Also, know that he also competes with all of us, bidding on ebay, and scoping all other websites for Coldplay items. He then inflates the price up the wazoo. I won't be surprised if he is also a part of our forums/threads. Sellers like him ruins the hobby of collecting. He looks at Coldplay items like they are bars of gold. Totally takes the fun out of such a wonderful and exciting hobby.

If you happen to be competing with the specific bidder below, and he wins the item:

13a1cce470624a313306deb0cf7aabaf.png

Expect the item to be listed on ebay sooner or later, with the most ridiculous price ever.

Goodluck on your purchase, fellow Coldplayer...!

• Like 1

Another question though... glossy vs matte finish, still with dutch promos... does it make a case for suspicion too?

Thanks again, very much!

I am backhome and

checked my copies, and all the inlays are matte. (for me)

A high quality paper and finish is used, near to glossy. All inserts are double side printed. Compared to the material of "A Sky Full” inlay ( I state that as glossy) it reflects hardly in daylight or when using flashlight. And they all have a number on the mirrorband (backside of the disc close to the center hole)

IMG_0012.thumb.jpg.f16e48f9ddb736cb189d3f73dcca1c9c.jpg

IMG_9997.thumb.jpg.a862819c30c6442f609f5dc8d13392bd.jpg

This is how the inside looks, it's the same as the Coldplay promo's

IMG_9994.thumb.jpg.1772fbfdad1a6c8e266cfd0c6f2545bb.jpg

I also checked my COUNTERFEIT copie.

Difference from the others: it has a gatefolded inlay, and the paper quality feels completely different in finish and thickness (feels much cheaper), but I don’t have enough comparison to say if it can be used as an indication. and there is no mirrorband number on the backside of the disc.

IMG_0016.thumb.jpg.1c82907ad28f1e701cdafb3b16b4f8e9.jpg

I am sorry if it's a little too much Madonna for here, but is only to compare

• Like 1