✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the song X&Y?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

X & Y is a great song. I really love the lyrics in it, too. "I want to love you, but I don't know if I can." I absolutely adore that lyric. X & Y, the album itself, is probably one of my favorite Coldplay albums. The Hardest Part, Swallowed in the Sea, Til Kingdom Come, Square One. Ugh. I love all of it so much!

I like that song a lot. The strings make it sound very dramatic, and the overall atmosphere of that song is very storytelling, mysterical and energetic. I would have loved it if they made a music video for it :sad:

In my opinion it's a bad song, nothing special on it, and the chorous is pretty annoying, one of the reasons why the album is not as good as it could have been. On my list of the band's 5 worst songs.

Oh, and I forgot to say it's cheessy as hell.

hows that song cheesy or annoying in any way?!!

Sorry, I agree with Prospector on that one. To me it is way too weepy (and too long), it totally breaks the awesomeness the 5 first songs brought to the album, and it makes the rest of the album look average, even though A Message, Swallowed in the Sea and Til Kingdom Come are great (SITSea is actually even better than that, a masterpiece).

I'm glad you guys like it, but it's without a doubt my least favorite CP song.