✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

This is what the website says about delivery times:

What are your delivery times?

We will send you an email when your order has been dispatched. Here is a rough guide for how long it should take for you to receive your order from this date

Standard delivery:

UK Approximately 1-4 working days

Europe Approximately 4-7 working days

USA / Canada Approximately 7-14 working days

Rest of the World Approximately 7-20 working days (depending on location)

Please note that this is a guide only and should not be interpreted as a guarantee. Once your order arrives in your country, it is passed to your postal service, who will deliver it to you in keeping with their standard working practices. As standard delivery is by Royal Mail, there is no tracking information available on packages.

Courier delivery:

If speed of delivery or tracking are important to you, it may be worth selecting the "Courier" option on the "Review Order" page when placing your order.

Orders should be delivered next day to most UK destinations if placed before midday. Delivery times to rest of the world destinations can vary significantly from country to country.

It's been 9 working days for me, since the dvd should have shipped...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello.

Got mine today and I can say I'm really disappointed about the image quality .

I have the bluray and it looks constantly blurry.. I don't get why the band approved such thing..

So many years waiting for a DVD and ..

Plus I repeat that changing places like in violet hill is horrible , not what I expected.

The audio is great!

hello.

Got mine today and I can say I'm really disappointed about the image quality .

I have the bluray and it looks constantly blurry.. I don't get why the band approved such thing..

I can relate to your thoughts on this. I’m not plussed by the blurry, grainy production technique used in this film. At first I thought it was a production/editing quality issue, but then I learned it was a conscious, artistic decision to go with that video style. It’s not one that I personally “get”, but I’ll admit that I’m not the hippest member of today’s culture. The complaints about this are common enough to where I don’t feel like I’m in this camp by myself though. To be honest, Coldplay Live 2012 has at least made me appreciate the majesty of the Coldplay Live 2003 even more. I prefer its live concert approach along with its video and audio production to 2012. This is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison; however, in that Live 2003 was a live concert video whereas 2012 bills itself as a concert tour film.

So many years waiting for a DVD and ..

Plus I repeat that changing places like in violet hill is horrible , not what I expected.

I also thought Violet Hill seemed out of place, even in the context of this “film”. It was a shot in a small, more intimate concert hall while the rest of the songs are from arenas.

The audio is great!

I’m pretty pleased with the audio on the 2012 Blu-ray, but I must say that to my ears, Coldplay Live 2003’s DTS audio sounds a wee bit better than 2012. I think what separates them is that 2003’s audio is mixed with a more live, wider dynamic range, while 2012’s is mixed with the idea that this is a film and not a concert video.

I can relate to your thoughts on this. I’m not plussed by the blurry, grainy production technique used in this film. At first I thought it was a production/editing quality issue, but then I learned it was a conscious, artistic decision to go with that video style. It’s not one that I personally “get”, but I’ll admit that I’m not the hippest member of today’s culture. The complaints about this are common enough to where I don’t feel like I’m in this camp by myself though. To be honest, Coldplay Live 2012 has at least made me appreciate the majesty of the Coldplay Live 2003 even more. I prefer its live concert approach along with its video and audio production to 2012. This is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison; however, in that Live 2003 was a live concert video whereas 2012 bills itself as a concert tour film.

I also thought Violet Hill seemed out of place, even in the context of this “film”. It was a shot in a small, more intimate concert hall while the rest of the songs are from arenas.

I’m pretty pleased with the audio on the 2012 Blu-ray, but I must say that to my ears, Coldplay Live 2003’s DTS audio sounds a wee bit better than 2012. I think what separates them is that 2003’s audio is mixed with a more live, wider dynamic range, while 2012’s is mixed with the idea that this is a film and not a concert video.

I agree with you.

It's sad to think it, but its the true..

I agree about the grainy production. I like it as a style, but I would have preferred sharper image, especially when I'm watching a Blu-Ray. And sometimes there's just too much going on with the colours flying around.

I do like how they kept the talking bits black and white. Shows a nice contrast. And it's a nice reference to Live 2003. They changed their concerts and their sound, but they're still the same guys.

I also think Chris's voice sounds slightly too clean.

I can't say I prefer it over Live 2003, because it's radically different. But I do think they are in a better place as a band right now. They seem to be having much more fun onstage. (Although I'm sure they did love it back in 2003.)

Generally speaking I love the DVD, there's one thing though which I hate. Why did they feel the need to add stuff ? Like all the animations during the songs, the man during Charlie Brown (or an other song), the lyrics written on it... There's already so much going going on stage, so many colors ; this added stuff is just too much imo.

Just watched it.

In regards to the grainy effect, it didn't really bother me. But I noticed it a lot more on some songs than others. At times, I felt as though I didn't even notice it, while in some songs like HLH, it was noticeable.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the little interviews or voice-overs rather from each of the band. I also didn't mind that they took footage from different concert venues. Only thing that was kind of weird, was Violet Hill. Maybe it was that the crowd didn't seem too much into it, but it could have been better at another smaller venue or even at the Stade de France.

In terms of the extras, it was kind of lacking. They could've included LiJ and Speed of Sound or any of the other songs that were excluded. However, I did really enjoy The Scientist and am searching for its mp3.

Initially, I was eating and watching, so I missed a lot of cuts/angles/views in the first few songs, but after I was glued to the TV. I'll have to re-watch it very soon.

Also, the fact that I already knew what would happen in every song having watched so many videos from their concerts took some of the surprise away from me. But, my brother watched it with me and it was all new to him and I could tell that he came away impressed.

Finally, I really enjoyed how every segment led into a song with a certain emotive feel to it such as Will talking about his kids, then Up in Flames playing or after VLV they had Guy talking about what Glastonbury meant to the band. Those small touches I enjoyed.

One thing that bothered me was how they would zoom in and out of one concert during one song, like Major Minus. That whole animation of zooming out of the world was kinda meh, but that's a minor thing.

Overall, I enjoyed it and If I had to give it a score, probably 8/10.

(Also, if anyone finds a mp3 of The Scientist, please PM me...I know...I tried looking in the Multimedia section, but nothing there as of yet...I tried googling it as well, but I got nothing)

There are actually 2 things bothering me:

- Muting the audience, the audience is too quiet ( I know they were probably very loud) but in this film you can barely hear them. Except for the parts were the singalongs are really necessary (end of Fix You, The Scientist....) For me it sounds really weird when I listen to Yellow and suddenly the crowd noise is gone....

And also there's just too much editing the music itself, for example, during the last bit of Major Minus, it almost sounds like the studio version( Listen to the drums at the end, it's like I'm just listening to the studio version)

- Did you guys notice it's not even the real audio from Glastonbury, they changed it for some reason ( I can't explain:smug:), and also, did you guys notice these 2 girls going totally crazy at the back. They appear 3 or 4 times but I think it looks a bit odd, like they are acting or something just to add something extra in the film....

But nevertheless I think this is really a great film and it depicts the experience of being at a Coldplay concert very well.... I actually also like the grainy effects. For me an 8 out 10

There are actually 2 things bothering me:

- Muting the audience, the audience is too quiet ( I know they were probably very loud) but in this film you can barely hear them. Except for the parts were the singalongs are really necessary (end of Fix You, The Scientist....) For me it sounds really weird when I listen to Yellow and suddenly the crowd noise is gone....

And also there's just too much editing the music itself, for example, during the last bit of Major Minus, it almost sounds like the studio version( Listen to the drums at the end, it's like I'm just listening to the studio version)

- Did you guys notice it's not even the real audio from Glastonbury, they changed it for some reason ( I can't explain:smug:), and also, did you guys notice these 2 girls going totally crazy at the back. They appear 3 or 4 times but I think it looks a bit odd, like they are acting or something just to add something extra in the film....

But nevertheless I think this is really a great film and it depicts the experience of being at a Coldplay concert very well.... I actually also like the grainy effects. For me an 8 out 10

I said a few pages back that Viva la Vida At Glastonbury sounded dubbed over, not sure why. I wish they had taken other songs from Glastonbury, In My Place for example at Glasto was superb.

Does anyone still NOT have their package? I pre-ordered but I seem to be one of the last people to get it

I'm in California and I haven't received mine yet, either. Although I did receive the calendar yesterday - that we ordered back in September, I think. They said to allow 7-14 working days to the US/Canada, and today is day 10.