✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

I really wanted to get DLIBYH from the DVD in an mp3 form for my phone. I found it, if anybody else is interested. It's linked here.

*link removed by Moderator*

Please only post download links in the Multimedia section.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my blu-ray last thursday, and I'm still waiting for the lithograph (but it should arrive any day now).

I've only watched it once, but as it was already said here, I'm a bit disappointed with the "grainy" feeling it has because it takes away the hd I was hoping to see in the blu-ray; I didn't really notice it at the cinema. It is a bit annoying in HLH but I found that it started to become less "strong" during the other songs (or I just started to get used to it).

I have no complains other that that. As I already said on the cinema thread, the film is perfect and I'll be watching it a lot during the next days and weeks :P

sure, just keep rubbing it in :cry:

:P

Aww sorry! :hug:

But I did pay courier delivery; which ended up with me paying more for the delivery than the blu-ray itself :uneasy: But if I had chosen standard delivery it would arrive mid december or something!

Yeah... standard delivery takes about a month and a lot of stalking of the mailman :lol: but I just couldn't wait that long.

The things I do for this band! :dozey:

I hope your copy (and everyone else that is missing it) arrives soon! :nice:

Hi

Is the DVD sent by ordinary post or by one of those companies like FedEx or DHL? Because if it´s the first one I still have hope. If it´s the second I'm on trouble...

I haven´t received it yet and I live in Europe... What can I do? Who can I email to? :(

Coldplay - Live 2012 Album Review

coldplay-live-12.jpg

Review of Live 2012 Album by Coldplay

Coldplay's new Live 2012 release is far from a way to cash in on the platinum success of Mylo Xyloto, despite a release date suspiciously close to Christmas. While the more cynical members of the record buying public may not view Coldplay as being 'cool', even they couldn't deny that Live 2012 is somewhat of a triumph.

The overall package is a masterclass in how to entertain millions of people with arena rock at its best. Even the band themselves admit that this is the first time they've toured without worrying about what people think. Both the Blu Ray and accompanying CD demonstrate that, thereby creating a companion piece to Mylo Xyloto that adds context to that record rather than just re-treading the hits in a live setting.

Comparing Live 2012 with Coldplay's similar package from 2003 also reveals a band that's now less awkward and self-conscious. The most interesting moments here are actually not to be found in the concert footage itself, but rather in the behind the scenes interludes that punctuate the performances. Each band member has an opportunity to reveal not only their enthusiasm for playing live around the globe, but also their perspective on the different elements that have made up the tour. These short vignettes include details of how the Mylo Xyloto artwork evolved and how they tried to translate that to a live setting with audience members wearing glowing wristbands. This peek behind the curtain is beneficial as it makes the gig footage from 3 different stops on the tour (including their most recent Glastonbury headline set) more engaging.

However, by dividing up the live footage there is a slight pacing issue with the film itself. At times the rather jarring transition from moments of stadium euphoria to black and white introspection can be a little distracting. This actually benefits the accompanying CD though, as it's freed from the gravitas of the narration and allows the music to take centre stage. Live 2012 includes some nice musical moments too. There's the low-key piano intro to 'Yellow', a guest appearance from Rhianna during 'Princess Of China', and the stripped back intimacy of 'Us Against The World'. All of the other elements of big choruses and sing-along's spanning the entire Coldplay back catalogue are present and correct. The new material from Mylo Xyloto fits nicely alongside the older material and Chris Martin's voice seems to have found a renewed strength to cope with the massive venues the band now fills.

Much of the footage here looks impressive too, filled with confetti explosions and superimposed elements that were used on the live video screens. So while Live 2012 isn't without its minor flaws (such as a lack of extras beyond two bonus tracks and a photo gallery on the Blu Ray), the overall package does feel like a lot of care and attention has gone into it. While it's squarely aimed at the more dedicated Coldplay fan, Live 2012 is also a good example of why the band has been so staggeringly successful, winning over audiences one at a time with their impressive live shows.

8/10

link

spillitnow.com_gallery_view.png

Coldplay’s latest live album lackluster and average (Biola Uni Chimes)

Artist: Coldplay

Album: Live 2012

Release Date: Nov. 16, 2012

Rating: 3/5 stars

Label: EMI

Running Time: 96:00

Genre: Alternative

Sounds like: Coldplay with glow sticks

Tracks to download: “In My Place,” “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” and “Charlie Brown”

Let’s get it out in the open right away: There are quite a few people in this world who hate Coldplay and quite a few people who love them. They stand in a niche entirely their own and pose a question that could be extended to multiple categories: How can something so agreeable be found so disagreeable to many people’s sensibilities? Coldplay is not guilty of the sins of bubblegum pop nor of the occasional overindulgences of rock, indie, metal or otherwise. Yet they still manage to find a warm spot in the hearts of some and utter detestation in others. Their new live record, “Live 2012,” manages to give the listener an entry-level course in the polarizing nature of Coldplay’s sound.

Sound could be bland to some and inviting to others

Coldplay’s introductory salvo, the instrumental “Mylo Xyloto,” aims at creating a sonic gateway into the rest of their set list. “Hurts Like Heaven” and old favorite “In My Place” borrow U2’s guitar but create their own ethos. Where U2 reaches for the heavens, Coldplay seems intent on using their music to create a more earthly sense of community. Bono’s prayers and protests are absent from Martin’s lyrics, which favor earthy encouragement and melancholy acceptance.

The tone of their concerts reaches through on this album in spades. But it also suggests why their music is so friendly to some and hostile to others. As the band has progressed, so has their desire to please while trying to appear like musical pioneers. Having seen three Coldplay concerts myself, I can attest that some of Martin’s previously characteristic earnest charm is lost on this album. The “Mylo Xyloto” era has seemed to be evidence of an identity crisis more than auditory evolution. His Springsteenian queries and rave master demands — “Is there anybody out there?!” or “Jump! Jump! Jump!” — sound strangely out of place.

Old songs sound better live than their newer ones

Most of the album’s highlights come from the performances of old Coldplay classics. “Yellow” gets a soft piano intro before exploding into its nearly classic, shoegaze-lite guitar lines. “Clocks” and “Fix You” are unsurprisingly sublime and “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” is reworked into something at once delicate and brilliantly percussive. The most current tracks like “Princess of China” and “Up in Flames” benefit a bit from a live treatment but remain subpar to earlier material.

Listening to a live record can vary from artist to artist. Occasionally the songs take on life they never had before, while some bands are guilty of just making a mixtape of their own songs punctuated by audience applause. Coldplay’s latest falls somewhere in the middle. Even in comparison to their previous live work, this one rests a little blandly. “Live 2003” breathed nearly spiritual rejuvenation and icy joy into all their early songs while also introducing listeners to some of their deeper cuts or b-sides. “LeftRightLeftRight” captured the armband-wearing, carpe diem reinvention of the Viva la Vida tour with gusto, additionally holding the sentimentality of being given out for free at their concerts. These were albums that made the argument against Coldplay sound like nonsense.

“Live 2012” is fun and certainly won’t lose any fans. But there’s something unplaceable here that makes the band sound like they’ve lost hold of what made them so unique and humbly magnificent in the first place. It can get to be too much of a wannabe rave, a feigned Bruce Springsteen concert and an overly energetic plea for wider acceptance.

http://chimes.biola.edu/story/2012/nov/27/coldplays-latest-live-album-lackluster-and-average/

It's finally here :bliss:

Love love love the booklet! Are all the scribbles from the pop-up book? I haven't seen them anywhere and they seem like lyrics (of course they do :rolleyes:)

Can someone explain me the difference between Stereo sound, DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital that are available to choose in the set up menu?

About the CD... I think I prefer The Hague recording to the Live 2012, at least for now.