✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved live 2012, the old songs are very good mainly new version of God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, and i really love the new song,they are pretty good live, Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall is really awesome, the intro of that song is amazing and Major Minus is fantastic.,but one thing that i didnt understand is, why they put THE SCIENTIST(one of their best song) as bonus song,its one of their greatest hits,and i dont have in my CD\DVD.:angry:

Yeah that's weird that they dubbed over Viva la Vida at Glastonbury. Up until "Listen as the crowd would sing" the audio that were hearing is NOT from Glastonbury.

You can compare it watching this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOxfNxzBGBU]Coldplay Viva La Vida (Glastonbury 2011)_(720p) - YouTube[/ame]

That's probably because Chris' mic wasn't working properly at the beginning.

It starts working at "Now in the morning I sleep alone"

So it's weird they waited until the middle of the second verse to go back to the real audio.

I dunno. Weird to me :)

Apart from the violet hill,the blurry and other things , I think the DVD does not capture how amazing the live shows are.

Also:

IT should start like this: which is twice as epic as the live2012 start.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxYjRx9fJgY&sns]Coldplay Walk On Stage XyloBands - YouTube[/ame]

Apart from the violet hill,the blurry and other things , I think the DVD does not capture how amazing the live shows are.

i feel like that should be expected, though...

you can't really capture that feeling of actually being there, no matter how hard you try. that goes for a lot of things, not just Coldplay's live shows, although i think it especially applies in this case.

I'm in Rhode Island...nothing today again on this part of the US. Perhaps Monday will be the lucky day. :P

i know of a few people who got their packages today, two of whom live in New York...

but the mail room here is not open on Saturdays, so even if my package would have technically been delivered today, i still won't get it until Monday at the earliest. :\

i know of a few people who got their packages today, two of whom live in New York...

but the mail room here is not open on Saturdays, so even if my package would have technically been delivered today, i still won't get it until Monday at the earliest. :\

Really?! :surprised: My mail room was open today. :shifty: I didn't get it today though. :disappointed: But since they've now reached the US then hopefully we will get ours Monday! :)

My DVD finally showed up yesterday. The film is beautiful. My favorite bits were the intermissions - they didn't last long enough though.

The film made me proud and happy to be a fan. As I watched I began to feel sad and nostalgic. I wouldn't change a thing but I found myself really missing the excitement of queuing all day with friends for front row or of waiting outside a venue with hopes of meeting them (which we did a few times!). Ah the good old days.

I just saw the 2012 live dvd this weekend. I gotta say it was a good dvd, especially since this was the first tour that i was not able to attend. So I was glad that i got to see it on dvd.. But this does not compare to there 2002 live dvd. live 2002 was a true film, it was shot in 16mm film and the cinematography was award winning. I feel that like mylo xyloto the 2012 coldplay film was overproduced... For instance in 2002 dvd when jonny goes into his epic solo on arobtth the camera focuses on him as he walks out of the shadows and you see him perform his solo and it leaves you in awe, there are many moments like that on 2002 live. The new live dvd lacked that. I felt that they focused way to much on the crowd and production of the show rather that the band itself.. there are parts where you wanna see jonny play that riff, or martin strum his guitar and instead that shot is focused on the crowd, or the video is too distorted to see what is going on.. this dvd really lacked that intimacy and that feeling of "hey this band is really onto something" moment. It felt more like individual music videos threaded together. 2002 felt like a story from begining to end. I know someone out there has to agree.

Ok all this bad reviewing about the blu-ray version continues, so I just got to see the concert this evening, if only partially to see if it´s really that bad :\

I am a huge blu-ray fan and usually very fussy about the pic quality, so we will see...

I´ll report back

Impressions on Blu-ray:

* The picture is definitely grainy, no question there. However it did not bother me as much as I thought it would. I don´t know the reason for this stylistic decision, but it does not greatly affect my enjoyment of the concert. Those xylobands shine brightly, even with the grainy style :)

*Viva la vida at la cigale worked very well for me in some way...it brought me back to the atmosphere of VLV, of revolution, small places, the beginning of the change that would then become MX. And it´s a nice contrast to stade de france

*UATW was beautifully shot, with hand-held camera and all. Very nice intimate touch!

I was at Stade De France, so I remember how amazing the concert was! To capture what that was like is practically impossible, but the film shimmers and sparkles in true MX style. It´s an honest portrait of the band and just a celebration of life and togetherness.

A job well done! It will forever remind me of being luminous and wired...Thank you Coldplay!

Reporting from Seattle - my DVD was in the mail yesterday... I went straight to the DVD extras to catch DLIBYH and the Scientist! They should have been left in...

I will forever be jealous of everyone at the Stade de France. I have resolved to catch my next Coldplay show in Europe, floor tickets...arena gigs in the US are just not the same, clearly.

I was at Stade De France, so I remember how amazing the concert was! To capture what that was like is practically impossible, but the film shimmers and sparkles in true MX style. It´s an honest portrait of the band and just a celebration of life and togetherness.
Exactly what I think too :nod:

Yeah that's weird that they dubbed over Viva la Vida at Glastonbury. Up until "Listen as the crowd would sing" the audio that were hearing is NOT from Glastonbury.

You can compare it watching this.

That's probably because Chris' mic wasn't working properly at the beginning.

It starts working at "Now in the morning I sleep alone"

So it's weird they waited until the middle of the second verse to go back to the real audio.

I dunno. Weird to me :)

You're right! I think the audio from VLV is from another gig, maybe Stade de France! It looks like the audio from my capture video!

Here it is:

Maybe it's for the continuity with Charlie Brown!