✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

POC Video Snippet?

filiprasmusson

from what i saw in that concert version with just rihanna and now this plus chris being a ninja etc, this is going to be monstrously inappropriate for coldplay. lets hope they come up with a more decent video for DLIBYH (or whatevers next)

I just wish that people wouldn't assume that because they don't like a song, everybody else doesn't like it was well. Princess of China will inevitably be a successful single, and I would imagine that a strong proportion of the live audiences are people who will be there mainly just to hear the singles and so would be disappointed not to hear PoC. Likewise, those people would probably want to hear the song the way they know it, i.e. with Rihanna, and having a video of her allows that. It may be awkward but it's a better alternative than half the audience leaving the concert disappointed that they didn't hear Princess of China.

replace "doesn't" with "shouldn't" in that first line and you'd be 100% correct.

Honestly, Rihanna looks as if she's dying boredom. And what of these arms and stuff behind her? The part where she is wearing something with very long sleeves was pretty good, but it could've been better if she didn't look so annoyed. I'm not saying this just to join the 'let's show some hatred over this song wagon', I just think it's not a good video.

As for using backing tracks/pre-recorded tracks (hope that's the correct name), I do think they have plenty of choices to avoid doing so. I'm not against technology, I just think that using this kind of thing steals some part of the 'magic' that is creating music live before your eyes. If that (keeping everything as live as possible) entails not playing PoC live (because no one else can do Rihanna's bit live), then be it and screw the upcoming promo. There are things more important than that single, if you ask me.

Official confirmation:

Coldplay, Rihanna's Official 'Princess Of China' Video Due In May

Rihanna-starring clip currently making the rounds is actually taken from Coldplay's live show, spokesperson confirms.

281x211.jpg?quality=0.85

By now, you've probably seen the video for Coldplay's "Princess of China." It stars Rihanna as a Shiva-esque deity who waves her (many) arms back and forth in time with the tune but strangely does not actually feature Coldplay themselves.

The clip began making the rounds earlier this week and was not only touted as the "official video" but earned raves from fans of both acts. There's only one problem: It is most definitely not the actual "Princess of China" vid.

In fact, it's part of , a video they play during their performance of the song (as several Coldplay aficionados have been pointing out on YouTube). Just to clear up any confusion, we reached out to a spokesperson for the band, who told us in no uncertain terms: "It isn't the official video. ... It is, in fact, a clip that the band are using during their performance of the song on tour."

So there you have it. Of course, this raises the question of just when the real "Princess of China" video will premiere. After all, going by photos RiRi previously tweeted, the clip was filmed back in March. So, once again, we went to Coldplay's rep, who told us that the "Princess" video is still a few weeks away from debuting.

"It won't be finished until the third week of May," the spokesperson said. "It's going to be a minute."

link

What does he mean with ""It's going to be a minute." ?

yeah exactly. what does that mean?! its probably like kanye's power (the short version). but even that lasts more than a minute!!

not sure if serious....i think they meant it's not done yet and it's 'going to be a minute' before they finish and release it

not sure if serious....i think they meant it's not done yet and it's 'going to be a minute' before they finish and release it

hmm i think you're right! silly sense of humor. much like chris!

Just Rihanna standing and moving her hands like an idiot :blank:

it is ridiculous. its not even her though its another woman doing all the hand thingy and you can clearly see her face behind rihanna's!

All the complaints are unnecessary anyway. The band, especially Chris and Guy have been said often enough that it is possibly even her favorite song of MX. And I hope they still play it even if they come to Cologne in September.Even though, Videos arent that important nowadays although all of us are looking forward to them.

Its just my opinion, but I think the song is not as bad as one might think if one is reading here.:|

hmm i think you're right! silly sense of humor. much like chris!

it is ridiculous. its not even her though its another woman doing all the hand thingy and you can clearly see her face behind rihanna's!

let the pretty flower Rihanna speak you see. I think this is the derivative of Rihanna - Te Amo

And for Chrissy you see and hear the lyrics he left and with the other girl in the virtual world not have mood heard for a official video maybe