✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven 5th MX Single

CurtisJ

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I didn't really expect any b-sides but I'm kind of bummed that none of the singles have had a vinyl release like ETIAW (and I guess UFO). But I guess to do that they would need b-sides so...

Still, I think HLH is my favorite song on MX.

For Princess of China, they could have done the radio edit on side a and the acoustic version on side b. That's all I know right now.

B-sides or not, as soon as this makes a physical release, I'm buying it! It's my 2nd favorite song on MX next to UFO!

So you really believe that it took them about 3 years to come up with only 14 songs, and that everything else is just so bad that they won't dare release it?

I believe that once they stop making performing and making records they could possibly release a never before heard type albums that's just a dream of mine :p

http://popcrush.com/coldplay-hurts-like-heaven-single/

Coldplay Release ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ as Next Single

by: Scott Shetler Yesterday

Coldplay-Hurts-Like-Heaven.jpg

Following the successful collabo with Rihanna, ‘Princess of China,’ Coldplay are issuing yet another single from their multi-platinum album ‘Mylo Xyloto.’ ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ — the track on which Chris Martin sings, “You use your heart as a weapon / And it hurts like Heaven” – will be the next Coldplay single to impact airwaves.

‘Heaven’ is one of the most complex tracks on ‘Mylo Xyloto,’ with intricately-layered backing vocals, pulsing keyboards, and rushing guitar melodies.

Martin speeds up the pace of his delivery when he sings, “On every street, every car, every surface a name / Tonight the streets are ours / And we’re writing and saying / Don’t let them take control / No we won’t let them take control.”

Martin also sings that he’s “armed with a spray can soul,” a line that could have inspired the album’s gritty, graffiti-style artwork.

Coldplay have already scored three Top 20 pop hits from ‘Mylo Xyloto,’ with ‘Princess of China,’ ‘Every Teardrop is a Waterfall,’ and ‘Paradise.’ Their U.S. tour continues through Aug. 11 before they return to Europe.