✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven 5th MX Single

CurtisJ

Colplay+-+Hurts+Like+Heaven.jpg

wwwallaccesscomeaee4541.jpg

It's been listed on AllAccess.com to be impacting radios on August 6th, a good indicator of it being the next official release from Mylo Xyloto (at least in the States)

What do you guys think? I think it's a great choice for Summer and I can't wait for a music video if we get one!

link

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colplay+-+Hurts+Like+Heaven.jpg

wwwallaccesscomeaee4541.jpg

It's been listed on AllAccess.com to be impacting radios on August 6th, a good indicator of it being the next official release from Mylo Xyloto (at least in the States)

What do you guys think? I think it's a great choice for Summer and I can't wait for a music video if we get one!

I think it might not be a full single. In the past, most of the late singles from CP albums have been released to radio only, though some of those did get singles. Still, if true, it's probably one of the better choices from the remaining songs to close out this cycle of singles.

Well if it includes MX, it'll be too long for the stations, because it is a nice intro to listen to for us, but not the general consumer, it would be too boring.

if it does not include MX, well, that's what i find troublesome as well, because this song just jumps into the action right away with the lyrics.

maybe a small intro? just a few chimey rings from MX to lead in?

personally i have a solution in my head :D but there's no point in putting the effort in cutting it with audio editing programs....

I can't say I'm surprised, it was bound to be a single sooner or later. Plus, if it gives more credibility, it's the most liked song on the album according to one of the "Games" threads.

: )

Eh, I'd say Charlie Brown goes neck and neck with it in that regard.

A few weeks ago i already posted that surprisingly HLH was played on our german radio-station (SWR1),i really went like that ->:stunned::stunned::stunned:

As for the video (if there will be one), i would like to have something as the ETIAW-Video,colourful and energetic. This would be a great final for the MX-Era IMO...

Well if it includes MX, it'll be too long for the stations, because it is a nice intro to listen to for us, but not the general consumer, it would be too boring.

if it does not include MX, well, that's what i find troublesome as well, because this song just jumps into the action right away with the lyrics.

personally i have a solution in my head :D but there's no point in putting the effort in cutting it with audio editing programs....

Well... Charlie Brown also has a long intro! and it has been playing on the radios! If it were to be a single, I think it should include MX... Something would be missing without it!... obviously.

Then there would probably be a radio edit.

Well... Charlie Brown also has a long intro! and it has been playing on the radios! If it were to be a single, I think it should include MX... Something would be missing without it!... obviously.

The few times I heard it on the radio here they played straight from the guitar riff, no weird noises intro

^ Actually not that much, some radios like to make theire own radio edit let's say, so I've heard ETIAW whithout the final drum part, Paradise with the last chorus edited to be smaller, so I'm used to it, that's the price you pay when you make 4 minutes songs and try to make them play on the same radio that plays Katy Perry and One Direction 3 minutes music. Alternative ones do play the whole thing though.

Months ago Starbucks release Hurts Like Heaven single version on iTunes as Starbucks Single of the Week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4AAWzk2ovI&feature=plcp]Hurts Like Heaven (Single Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Did you notice, there are some weird noises in first 18 seconds that the album version dosen't include.

Months ago Starbucks release Hurts Like Heaven single version on iTunes as Starbucks Single of the Week.

Did you notice, there are some weird noises in first 18 seconds that the album version dosen't include.

yes and its amazing both the intro and that it is possible they may make a video for this its just one of their best songs

This is a great intro if you just wanna listen to the song and not the whole album.

...but still, I prefer MX/HLH. :lol:

Other than that, the single version sounds great!