✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven 5th MX Single

CurtisJ

...And in fact, if you listen at the streaming link in the AllAccess email promotion above, you will see the radio edit length is 3:59, whereas the Starbucks version was 4:20, so while they have seemingly identical intros, they are *not* the exact same versions.

I love how Car Kids is right on the cover.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coldplay-heaven2-300x300.jpg

COLDPLAY, ‘HURTS LIKE HEAVEN’ – SINGLE REVIEW

8_out_10.jpg

Five singles into their latest album, ‘Mylo Xyloto,’ andColdplay are still going strong. In an era when many bands focus on a few standout tracks to base an album on and then surround them with filler, with ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ (which is soon to be released to radio), the British boys prove ‘Xylo’ is deep enough to warrant the string of singles.

Starting with nearly a minute wash of delay-drenched guitars and dreamy synths, ‘Heaven’ seamlessly transforms into a pop ditty, with Will Champion’s steady beat providing the backbone for Jonny Buckland’s tone-bending guitars and Guy Buckland’s melodic bass. Somehow the three of them manage to channel the intro’s atmospherics into a melodic, upbeat groove that recalls My Bloody Valentine‘s dreampop and the Jesus and Mary Chain’s lighter, catchier fare.

“Oh you, use your heart as a weapon / And it hurts like heaven,” Chris Martin sings over all the prettiness. We’re not sure if he purposefully invokes the imagery of ‘Just Like Heaven,’ but purposefully or not, the Cure classic certainly comes to mind. Either way, it’s a fitting reference, as this is as close as Coldplay come to sounding like a ray of sunshine shining on their eternally bummed British brethren.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bECRafNtY_s]Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven (Mylo Xyloto) - YouTube[/ame]

http://diffuser.fm/coldplay-hurts-like-heaven/

coldplay-heaven2-300x300.jpg

COLDPLAY, ‘HURTS LIKE HEAVEN’ – SINGLE REVIEW

8_out_10.jpg

Five singles into their latest album, ‘Mylo Xyloto,’ andColdplay are still going strong. In an era when many bands focus on a few standout tracks to base an album on and then surround them with filler, with ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ (which is soon to be released to radio), the British boys prove ‘Xylo’ is deep enough to warrant the string of singles.

Starting with nearly a minute wash of delay-drenched guitars and dreamy synths, ‘Heaven’ seamlessly transforms into a pop ditty, with Will Champion’s steady beat providing the backbone for Jonny Buckland’s tone-bending guitars and Guy Buckland’s melodic bass. Somehow the three of them manage to channel the intro’s atmospherics into a melodic, upbeat groove that recalls My Bloody Valentine‘s dreampop and the Jesus and Mary Chain’s lighter, catchier fare.

“Oh you, use your heart as a weapon / And it hurts like heaven,” Chris Martin sings over all the prettiness. We’re not sure if he purposefully invokes the imagery of ‘Just Like Heaven,’ but purposefully or not, the Cure classic certainly comes to mind. Either way, it’s a fitting reference, as this is as close as Coldplay come to sounding like a ray of sunshine shining on their eternally bummed British brethren.

http://diffuser.fm/coldplay-hurts-like-heaven/

"Guy Buckland" ?

excellent stuff. I've been waiting for this

I liked it. It looks like an opposite for Princess of China.

Just an observation: That big CAR KIDS written in the front is NOT there in the original wall. Just looked at it in my pop-up poster. A sign? LOL

definitely a sign. it better be good considering all the hype and anticipation

I've just realised this, and I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but it looks like they've been adding stuff to the graffiti wall since the album was released... As people have noticed, both the POC and HLH artwork are subtly different from their respective sections of the 'original' graffiti wall. Maybe there's some significance to the things they've added or changed, such as the addition of the 'Car Kids' quite clearly on the HLH cover. I may just be over-analysing things as usual though :P

^ actually they had pictures every day of the wall, so they have lot's of pics of lots of diferent walls, maybe the wall of the album isn't exactly the last one, but just the one they thought was more nice (or is it nicer, that's weird) to put on the cover.