✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everything Olympics 2012

Guest howyousawtheworld

Less than 24 hours to go now. 7 long years almost at an end! This was their presentation video from their winning bid from July 2005. Wonder if it will keep to the message?! Notice the video includes such stars as Ralph Fiennes, Dame Helen Mirren, David Beckham and errr Johnny Vaughan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcwiGIGMjSg]The Official London 2012 Olympics Film.'Sport At Heart' - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

The reviews of the opening ceremony dress rehearsal on twitter (thousands attended the dress rehearsal) suggests that Friday night's ceremony is pretty astounding! Directed by none other than Oscar winner Danny Boyle though!

Guest howyousawtheworld

That start with Kenneth Branagh as Brunel and the Industrial Revolution was the best thing I have ever seen in an Olympics ceremony. And the NHS/Great Ormond Street Hospital and children's literature characters accompanied by Mike Oldfield was awesome as well. What a soundtrack!

Guest howyousawtheworld

Yeah it was awesome. Bonkers but awesome. I think only British people will really get it but who cares! We didn't become great by being normal did we!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That part about England's histroy was absolutely beautiful! And how they created these seemingly hot glowing metal rings that formed the Olympic sign was amazing, I loved every moment of it :wacky:

I totally have to rewatch it when there's a video of it somehwere online :dance:

Guest howyousawtheworld
That part about England's histroy was absolutely beautiful! And how they created these seemingly hot glowing metal rings that formed the Olympic sign was amazing, I loved every moment of it :wacky:

I totally have to rewatch it when there's a video of it somehwere online :dance:

It was incredible. Looking on other comments page on on the net and everyone seemed to be so enthralled. It's rare to feel it these days but it made me proud to be British. Unlike previous ceremonies it had everything and was totally original. Yes, even better than Beijing.

Am I the only one who found that whole 'teenager texting each other with those texts popping up on the screen" part completely cringe-worthy?

Thinking about it now, that whole set with the teenagers was kind of awkward...though I vaguely recall seeing a clip of "The Cosby Show" on the House...one of my fave shows of all-time

Was overall allright...I loved the part with the independent athletes, Mr. Bean and Ali though...Ali>>Legend

Am I the only one who found that whole 'teenager texting each other with those texts popping up on the screen" part completely cringe-worthy?

Thinking about it now, that whole set with the teenagers was kind of awkward...though I vaguely recall seeing a clip of "The Cosby Show" on the House...one of my fave shows of all-time

Was overall allright...I loved the part with the independent athletes, Mr. Bean and Ali though...Ali>>Legend

Teenage part was kinda.....not that great...I thought the beginning was great though...and the part with Mr. Bean.

I've heard the Arctic Monkeys may play the opening or closing ceremony. I don't know if that's true but it'd be sweet if it was.

I thought they played in Hyde Park.

I didn't watch the whole thing so I have no idea where they performed.