✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[7-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Stand Up To Cancer, Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, USA

Coldplay at Stand Up 2 Cancer question

I was at the Stockholm concert where they announced they would shoot a video of Paradise for this charity during our concert, that would later air in the US. I was extremely excited about this, since they chose Sweden for it.

Then I found out they did the same thing at the concert in Paris, and I found this video from the telecast shot in Paris. So it seems they ended up using that one and not ours, which makes me a bit sad to be honest.

I'm just wondering if anyone knew why? Was the Stockholm version not good enough, didn't we have a big enough crowd?

Did anyone watch the telecast and can confirm to me which concert footage they used?

• Care 1

I was at the Stockholm concert where they announced they would shoot a video of Paradise for this charity during our concert, that would later air in the US. I was extremely excited about this, since they chose Sweden for it.

Then I found out they did the same thing at the concert in Paris, and I found this video from the telecast shot in Paris. So it seems they ended up using that one and not ours, which makes me a bit sad to be honest.

I'm just wondering if anyone knew why? Was the Stockholm version not good enough, didn't we have a big enough crowd?

Did anyone watch the telecast and can confirm to me which concert footage they used?

I watched and indeed they chose the one from Paris.

Maybe the original plan was to pick Stockholm, but then, as they did some special stuff for Paris, that they were filming that show anyway, and most importantly that it was the biggest date of the tour, they may have decided to also try with Paris.

But that is really just a guess, we don't have an official reason for that.

I was at the Stockholm concert and was so excited that they chose us for Stand Up to Cancer and was looking forward to seeing the video so much!

But then they did the same thing in France and chose to air that one, I feel quite upset D:

Even after everything Chris said about them wanting to do it in Sweden. God dammit!

• Care 1

I was at the Stockholm concert and was so excited that they chose us for Stand Up to Cancer and was looking forward to seeing the video so much!

But then they did the same thing in France and chose to air that one, I feel quite upset D:

Even after everything Chris said about them wanting to do it in Sweden. God dammit!

I totally agree! I am soooo disappointed!:veryangry2:

• Care 1

I was at the show tonight. Oh my god. Those amazing stories of those survivors. We were seatfillers and were seated about 30 rows back from the stage, near the camera and TelePrompTer. We heard the instrumental Scientist but not GOW. Some of the stars were prerecorded, like Michael Douglas, Matt Damon, Katie Couric, Tom Hanks. But most were live, Julia Roberts, Sophia Vergara, Justin Timberlake, Samuel L Jackson, Robert Pattinson, and of course Gwyneth, who was stunning as always. The performances were all live, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw. Coldplay was the only prerecorded performance, but it was shown to us on 3 video screens. I loved the SDF performance. Wow. So even thought the boys weren't there live, I'm glad to have gone and participated in it. Very touching stories. And on a super sad note, while my husband and I were at the show, my son, along with members of his high school choir, sang at the memorial service for a 15 year old classmate of his who passed away this week from leukemia.

Cancer just sucks.

Aww that's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

That's cool you got to go to the show though. It was amazing to watch on tv :)

Great great vid :) We look awesome :D Although I do feel bad for all the fans who went to the Stockholm show... This is not fair. But your show was recorded for radio, that's something very nice we didn't get !

Just one advice, Coldplay : fangirls making little hearts with their hands is the lamest thing ever ever EVER. Please don't keep them in your coldplayfilm. PLEASE.