✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Death and All His Friends Suite

vivalavidasuite

Inspired by The Beatle’s “Abbey Road Suite”, along with Pink Floyd’s seminal Dark Side Of the Moon, Coldplay’s masterpiece Viva la Vida seemed as though it would lend itself well to the approach taken by both those inspirations — a long-playing suite, integrating several songs into one composition. It’s remarkable how easy the process was. It was almost as if this was the way it was always intended. What started life as an instrumental “orchestral” suite, quickly developed into it’s current form.

Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends, along with its companion piece Prospekt’s March, explore the themes of love, death, and war. All set against the backdrop of the French Revolution, the album marked a turning point in Coldplay’s career. No longer were they sentimental singer-songwriters churning out radio hits; they had transformed themselves into true artists.

The suite tries to capture the unique characteristics of the albums — the orchestral arrangements, the sonic experimentations, and the underlying theme of death — working to seamlessly blend them into a coherent whole.

While the suite is presented as separate tracks for the sake of convenience, it is intended to be listened to as a whole. Please turn it up, pour a glass of wine, and enjoy it as such.

vivalavidasuite.com (I'm not yet allowed to post links because I'm a "new" member)

Available as both FLAC/MP3.

I've been working on this project for almost a year now, undergoing over 12 different mixes, remixes, additions and subtractions until finally coming to this final edition.

It is my tribute to Coldplay's masterpiece. Please settle down and take a listen and pass along to your friends and other fans.

(and in case you were wondering: yes, I am a long time member here but decided to stay anonymous for the time being, and for the sake of the project)

It's a complete re-work of the album. It changes the order of tracks, creates new transitions, extends certain tracks, and also includes all new sound design segments. It's not really a remix in the traditional sense but couldn't think of where else to put it.

Again im not able to actually share the links yet (I'm a "new" member because I registered a new account for this sole purpose, but I have been a coldplayer for years now) but everything (soundcloud, youtube, FLAC/MP3 downloads) can be found at vivalavidasuite.com -- a special site I set up specifically for sharing.

I *KNOW* Coldplayers are going to love this and really want them to hear it. Hopefully a moderator will fix my account soon (or other Coldplayers will share the love).

And reddit seems to really like it so far... Someone was kind enough to post to the /r/coldplay board where the reception has been very warm (and appreciated)

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/vivalavidasuite/deathandallhisfriendssuite]Viva La Vida Death and All His Friends Suite by vivalavidasuite on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

OR

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s34vZ99dO1w]Viva La Vida - Death and All His Friends Suite - YouTube[/ame]

thanks for posting!

Awesome - we need more of these extended suites - coldplay music just needs to broadcast like they do classical music at train stations - we have been truly blessed to get bands like Coldplay, The Killers, and Keane - all brilliant and beautiful music that transcends time itself.

Great job - keep it up!

Awesome - we need more of these extended suites - coldplay music just needs to broadcast like they do classical music at train stations - we have been truly blessed to get bands like Coldplay, The Killers, and Keane - all brilliant and beautiful music that transcends time itself.

Great job - keep it up!

I like to think so too. This album was so orchestral, it was surprisingly easy to turn it into an orchestral suite.

in fact, this whole project started life as an instrumental suite -- could I turn it into something like a real orchestral suite would be. However as I got further and further into editing it became more and more clear there was a story that I could tell. It eventually evolved into what you hear today.

Viva La Vida is a masterpiece, and a highly underrated one. I hope that this helps draw attention to what a masterpiece it really is.

This is really marvelous, truly magnificent. You've done an amazing job there.

If Coldplay had made their album like this it would have sounded much more classy.

Good to know that there are artists like you out there to make me realise such things. Well done!

Thank you Vivalavidasuite. You made my shitty day a little better, I really enjoyed it and loved so many things about it. Well done, it's a really good mash-up/rework, I look forward to giving it another listen :)

You, and the rest of you with all your kind words have made my very stressful day (stupid work) all the better too.

And if I may be a pest, if you're on Tumblr please, please, reblog the post to help spread the love.

http://www.vivalavidasuite.com/post/33689168687/deathandallhisfriendssuite

It's sir ;)

I'll probably reveal my identity one of these days (been here for many years though by no means one of the major posters or anything like that). I'm just trying to keep it anonymous for now to help keep the buzz going. I find that this sorta stuff has more legs if no one is actually out there trying to take credit for it.

Wow. That was brilliant. And it reminded me why I love Coldplay in the first place : they're capable of making truly beautiful, magnificent, marvelous and original music, and you perfectly highlighted it. It is a great homage to an amazing album.

Thank you.

Well it looks like my days of anonymity are numbered. Unfortunately due to the rules of the Coldplaying forum I am unable to keep the vivalavidasuite account from my usual account.

Hopefully these posts won't also disappear (this thread especially). If so please know that you have all made my week with the kind warm words you have made about this project I worked on passionately for a year.

It's because of people like all of you that artists do what they do. And for that I thank you.

• 7 months later...