✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Women's doctors: Do you care about the sex of your doctor?

Brent

Okay so I was arguing with this guy in my class about how there are so few female OB/GYN's. For those who don't know, an OB/GYN stands for Obstetrician/Gynecologist, which is a doctor taking care of female-specific needs; Reproduction, STD's, birth, etc.

So I'm wondering what you girls think because this is actually an issue we talk about. And in the OB/GYN program there are very, very few women. I wonder why?

One of the girls there chimed in saying she doesn't care as long as they're not ugly. Which is weird to me but apparently a thing.

With someone a few weeks ago I was discussing the role of women in predominantly-male fields: Female pilots, female engineers, etc. Do any women here feel surrounded by men at their work, and do you care?

Would you prefer:

1. Female doctor

2. Male doctor

3. other (i.e. gay male)

4. Doesn't matter

5. Illegitimate doctors

6. Don't care, as long as he or she is not an ugly weirdo creep

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been to one, but I prefer a female, just because I'm still really young and the idea of some grown man doing that job scares the living crap out of me.

It's pretty judgmental though, isn't it? Maybe my views will change later on. Meh.

Also the fourth option made me lol for a solid five minutes

However I think that if I have to go, I would like a female or at least someone who knows very well what he/she's doing.

They're supposed to have a medical degree, they better know what they're doing! :lol:

Never been to one, but I prefer a female, just because I'm still really young and the idea of some grown man doing that job scares the living crap out of me.

It's pretty judgmental though, isn't it? Maybe my views will change later on. Meh.

I felt the same when I was younger, now I don't really care.

Tash has the right idea.

They don't have the same equipment? Are you kidding me? In terms of feeling uncomfortable, you can never be completely sure any medical professional isn't a pervert, male or female, if they get gratification from such an odd situation then sexual preference will not come into it.

They don't have the same equipment? Are you kidding me? In terms of feeling uncomfortable, you can never be completely sure any medical professional isn't a pervert, male or female, if they get gratification from such an odd situation then sexual preference will not come into it.
Wait, what? Why are you attaching sexual preference to a completely unrelated comment?

By "men not being able to really relate because they don't have the same equipment"... here's an example if it wasn't already clear. If a lady goes to an OB/GYN and complains, "hey my monthly flow used to be more like the local creek, now it's like the Niagara falls and I don't know why." A male doctor can provide reasons, offer solutions, i.e., treat the patient. But a male doctor doesn't really know what it's like on a personal level because he doesn't have menses coming out of his man parts every month.

IF(manparts.ne.womanparts)

THEN (notthesameequipment)

END IF

I think it is best if it is a female... I feel way more comfortable that way, and that way she can talk to you because she knows how what she is doing feels... i do not know if it makes sense... but yeah, female lady parts docs are better.. :nod:

Tash has the right idea.

You don't have the same equipment Reilly, so you can't relate :awesome:

And I don't think there are crazy female pervert gynecologists out there :anxious: Or at least not a lot.

I think it is best if it is a female... I feel way more comfortable that way, and that way she can talk to you because she knows how what she is doing feels... i do not know if it makes sense... but yeah, female lady parts docs are better.. :nod:

Yeah and that

You don't have the same equipment Reilly, so you can't relate :awesome:

And I don't think there are crazy female pervert gynecologists out there :anxious: Or at least not a lot.

And not a lot of male ones either. Speaking as a heterosexual male (In other words, LUV DA PUZZY) I still wouldn't enjoy at all inspecting a vagina in such an environment, if it was my job then I suppose it wouldn't be a lack of enjoyment but like filling out paperwork.

My point was that anyone who could enjoy it must be somewhat of a pervert, their sex doesn't come into it.

My point was that anyone who could enjoy it must be somewhat of a pervert, their sex doesn't come into it.

That's true :nod:

I'm very, VERY uncomfortable with male gynecologists because there have been quite a few cases of hidden cameras and all that creep ass shit on the German news lately, so I don't really trust them :sick:

I've never been to an OB/GYN, but if I had to for some medical reason, I'd much prefer a female one. I don't really feel comfortable with anyone examining me like that, but I feel like it wouldn't be as bad with a female doctor because, as a few people have said, they've got our equipment and can therefore better relate to me. That, and the thought of having a man who I'm not involved with looking at my stuff just creeps me out. It sounds stupid, but I can't think of a better explanation.

And not a lot of male ones either. Speaking as a heterosexual male (In other words, LUV DA PUZZY) I still wouldn't enjoy at all inspecting a vagina in such an environment, if it was my job then I suppose it wouldn't be a lack of enjoyment but like filling out paperwork.

True! I'd still feel more comfortable if the doctor was female though.

Speaking as a heterosexual male (In other words, LUV DA PUZZY)

Why is this so funny to me?

I still wouldn't enjoy at all inspecting a vagina in such an environment, if it was my job then I suppose it wouldn't be a lack of enjoyment but like filling out paperwork.

And I don't think anyone would really enjoy clinically examining a vagina. Especially if there's something wrong with it. Or it's discharging or something. Which is why they're going to the doctor in many cases.

But yeah, agreed. It's not like they go to work licking their lips (not a vagina pun) like YES I GET TO TOUCH PUZZY ALL DAY.

I like male doctors more because they're more sympathetic and, in my experience, they've been less condescending and rude.

For ~reasons I do not care to elaborate on~, I've had many people look at my ~*lady parts*~ and the males were always more careful and less hateful towards me. I don't know why the women were so mean. It must be because they're jealous of my magical vagina or something.

Female doctors in general have been kind of bitchy towards me. It was hard for me to get on birth control because of my wild and crazy periods because my female doctor was busy criticizing me for not wanting to talk about the sex I wasn't having. And another female doctor kept insisting I had an STD when I had never even so much as kissed anyone, and after multiple tests over an extended period of time kept showing I was clear.